• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

G'day guys I'm new here -

FordOwner

Hi again.
I'm new to this forum. My name is Whitty. I'm a 33yr old slim 71kg guy from Perth.
I've been hitting the weights off and on over the years, yes I'm one of those guys that hits 3 months then I stop. But I'm happy with that as I usually hit the weights in winter then when it starts to heat up I stop and I generally look pretty good for the summer period and start again during the winter.
I work out in a home gym that I've set up it has all the basic stuff except no cable gear.

So Im getting married in April and I want to beef up for it. And hence why I have joined this forum.

I'll be posting my daily workout and food intake on the Workout Diary section with photos of my results.

The last time i finished weights was the 25/6/12 so I'm still toned from it and I'm sure my muscle memory will treat me well this time around.

This will be my regime and Id love to hear your tips and ideas.

All excersises are done at 5 sets (15 reps, 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps) the first rep is at a weight that I can push 15 at exhaustion then the weight is upped after each set so I can only push 12 then 10 then 8 then 5.
After each set I will rest for 60 seconds.

4 days of excersise and the 5th day off then repeat.

MONDAY - Chest & Triceps
Bent arm Dumbell pullover- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
BB press- 15 reps, 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps.
Incline DB fly- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Bench dips (plate on legs) 5 times till exhaustion
Standing over head DB extension- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
BB skull crushers- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.

TUESDAY - Back & Biceps
Wide grip pull ups- 5 times till exhaustion
Deadlift- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Bent over two arm long bar row- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
EZ barbell curl- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Zottman curl- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Incline hammer curls- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Palms down/up wrist curl over a bench (Wrists) - 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.

WEDNESDAY - Legs
Leg extensions- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Leg curls- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
squats- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Standing calf raises with BB- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.

THURSDAY - Shoulders & Abs
Dumbell lying one arm rear lateral raise- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Standing front DB raise- 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Seated barbell military press 15, 12, 10, 8, 5.
Air bike- 5 times till exhaustion.
Knee hip raise on parallel bars 5 times till exhaustion

FRIDAY- Rest day

SATURDAY Chest & triceps...... And so on and so on.

So that's my bulking regime which I have done over the years, my abs never really improve and my chest never really impressed me but it did grow.

This workout usually takes me just over an hour.

Cheers guys, I look forward to joining the Ausbb family and be sure to check out my daily diary starting from tomorrow (Monday 14/1/12)

Whitty.