• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Total rubbish mick. You are falling for the naturalistic fallacy that anything natural must be good and man made / processed = bad and its total garbage.

Anything is bad for you if you have too much of it. Yes even steak and eggs.

So the skye is red???

WTF are you talking about. So you are saying a pop tart, full of processed sugar and chemicals is no different to a piece of steak and salad??

And like I said it tastes disgusting so regardless if they were the best food ever I would not eat them as they taste vile. I eat stuff that tastes good, Sardines are supposed to be good for you, but taste like arse so I don't have them. Has nothing to do with good for you.

Apart from that no matter which way you twist the argument you can not tell me that they are good for you in any way, shape or form, that would just be ridiculous.

You won't instantly die eating them but I can assure you you are not doing your body one bit of good having them, there is no benefit to eating them. Or are you saying I am losing out on my gains somehow, or I will die young by not having sugary rubbish??

Tried the Chocolate ones once, as my missus bought them, had about a 1/4 of one and could not stand the dry chemical fake choc taste.

Even the kids did not like them and they love rubbish.

These things are 1/3 pure sugar by weight and are also high in sodium.

I think we ended up throwing them, or may be the missus ate them or they are at the back of the cupboard somewhere and have gone out of date (not that that should really be possible with all the sugar and chemicals in there) can't remember:confused:

Interesting reading Pop Tarts Ingredients List:
ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, DEXTROSE, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, PALM, COTTONSEED AND/OR HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL† WITH TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID FOR FRESHNESS), CORN SYRUP, WHEY, CRACKER MEAL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, COCOA, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF CORNSTARCH, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SALT, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), MODIFIED CORN STARCH, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, GELATIN, DRIED EGG WHITES, DATEM, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL†, MODIFIED WHEAT STARCH, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY LECITHIN, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, COLOR ADDED, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), FOLIC ACID.

Here’s a brief explanation of what’s inside – (note all the variations of sugar in here)

Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour…) – All flour is enriched in the US, by law. Don’t be fooled by “Wheat Flour” either, as most flour is from Wheat. If the ingredient list does not state “100% whole wheat flour”, you are missing out on the fiber your body needs.
Corn Syrup – a syrup made from cornstarch. Used as a sweetener due to its high glucose content. Prevents crystallization and can help increase shelf life in baked goods.
High Fructose Corn Syrup – corn syrup where some of the glucose has been converted to fructose.
Dextrose – a term for glucose. glucose and fructose together make sucrose, which is commonly known as table sugar.
Soybean And Palm Oil – Canola oil would have been a healthier alternative because of its high unsaturated fat content.
TBHQ (E319) – tert-Butylhydroquinone – a preservative for oils. May be carcinogenic in high doses.
Sugar – well, the product is still not sweet enough is it?
Wheat Starch – A powdery substance obtained from wheat kernels. Used as a thickener for sauces, gravies, and puddings.
Dried Blueberries, Dried Grapes, Dried Apples – there’s less than 2% of each in the product. Yet on the product image you see much much more than 2% blueberry.
Cornstarch – a powdery substance used as a thickener.
Citric Acid – a natural preservative that is used in beverages to add an acidic, sour taste. Although it is naturally found in citrus fruit (oranges, lemons), industry has a found a cheaper way to manufacture it. This is through a fermentation process in which a mold called Aspergillus Niger is used to ferment a carbohydrate such as molasses. sounds grosser than it really is.
Gelatin (E441) – a translucent, colorless, brittle, nearly tasteless solid substance, derived from the collagen inside animals’ skin and bones. It is commonly used as a gelling agent.
Modified Wheat Starch – same as the wheat starch above but modified not to loose its thickening properties when heated.
Soy Lecithin (E322) – an oily substance derived from soybeans. Used as an emulsifier and to keep the dough from sticking
Partially Hydrogenated Soybean And/Or Cottonseed Oil – this is the source of trans-fat, folks.
Modified Corn Starch – a common additive used as a thickener. Corn starches are modified so they won’t lose their thickening properties when heated.
Xanthan Gum (E415) – a common emulsifier and thickener made from reaction between glucose and Xanthomonas campestris bacteria.
Caramel Color (E150) – a natural food coloring.
Red #40 (Allura Red / E129) – an artificial food coloring that is being phased out in Europe due to concerns about it causing child hyperactivity.
Tricalcium Phosphate (E341) – used as a raising agent.
Color Added – on top of the artificial colors stated by name we get this mystery color.
Niacinamide – This is vitamin B3.
Natural And Artificial Flavors – with all the crap in this product, no wonder it needs to be enhanced by some proprietary and secret formulas.
Blue #2 – artificial color
Blue #1 (Brilliant Blue FCF / E133) – a synthetic dye derived from coal tar! Was previously banned in Europe but now is allowed. May cause hyperactivity in children.
Turmeric Color – a yellow/orange powder from the turmeric spice.

http://workoutmommy.com/2008/01/29/pop-tart-for-breakfast-think-again/

Sounds appetising...

Last edited:
So the skye is red???

WTF are you talking about. So you are saying a pop tart, full of processed sugar and chemicals is no different to a piece of steak and salad??

And like I said it tastes disgusting so regardless if they were the best food ever I would not eat them as they taste vile. I eat stuff that tastes good, Sardines are supposed to be good for you, but taste like arse so I don't have them. Has nothing to do with good for you.

Apart from that no matter which way you twist the argument you can not tell me that they are good for you in any way, shape or form, that would just be ridiculous.

You won't instantly die eating them but I can assure you you are not doing your body one bit of good having them, there is no benefit to eating them. Or are you saying I am losing out on my gains somehow, or I will die young by not having sugary rubbish??

Your the one trying to twist the words up mick.

I never said you have to eat any food.

I never said you are losing gains by not eating pop tarts.

I never said you will die young by not eating pop tarts.

You just totally made all that rubbish up.

The overall diet determines what is good or bad not if it is processed or contains chemicals(every food contains chemicals).

Sugar is not bad. Fat is not bad but having too much of anything is bad including protein, steak, water, oxygen.

If you are against processed food I hope you don't have whey, BCAAs or any other supplements.

People overcomplicate there food choices. Eat a wide range of food and don't overeat any one thing is a pretty good place to start.

Sugar / processed food is not the evil you make it out to be. Too much is bad but too much of anything is bad.

Tried the Chocolate ones once, as my missus bought them, had about a 1/4 of one and could not stand the dry chemical fake choc taste.

I think we ended up throwing them, or may be the missus ate them or they are at the back of the cupboard somewhere and have gone out of date (not that that should really be possible with all the sugar and chemicals in there) can't remember:confused:

ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, DEXTROSE, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, PALM, COTTONSEED AND/OR HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL† WITH TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID FOR FRESHNESS), CORN SYRUP, WHEY, CRACKER MEAL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, COCOA, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF CORNSTARCH, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SALT, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), MODIFIED CORN STARCH, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, GELATIN, DRIED EGG WHITES, DATEM, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL†, MODIFIED WHEAT STARCH, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY LECITHIN, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, COLOR ADDED, NIACINAMIDE, REDUCED IRON, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), FOLIC ACID.

Here’s a brief explanation of what’s inside – (note all the variations of sugar in here)

Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour…) – All flour is enriched in the US, by law. Don’t be fooled by “Wheat Flour” either, as most flour is from Wheat. If the ingredient list does not state “100% whole wheat flour”, you are missing out on the fiber your body needs.
Corn Syrup – a syrup made from cornstarch. Used as a sweetener due to its high glucose content. Prevents crystallization and can help increase shelf life in baked goods.
High Fructose Corn Syrup – corn syrup where some of the glucose has been converted to fructose.
Dextrose – a term for glucose. glucose and fructose together make sucrose, which is commonly known as table sugar.
Soybean And Palm Oil – Canola oil would have been a healthier alternative because of its high unsaturated fat content.
TBHQ (E319) – tert-Butylhydroquinone – a preservative for oils. May be carcinogenic in high doses.
Wheat Starch – A powdery substance obtained from wheat kernels. Used as a thickener for sauces, gravies, and puddings.
Dried Blueberries, Dried Grapes, Dried Apples – there’s less than 2% of each in the product. Yet on the product image you see much much more than 2% blueberry.
Citric Acid – a natural preservative that is used in beverages to add an acidic, sour taste. Although it is naturally found in citrus fruit (oranges, lemons), industry has a found a cheaper way to manufacture it. This is through a fermentation process in which a mold called Aspergillus Niger is used to ferment a carbohydrate such as molasses. sounds grosser than it really is.
Gelatin (E441) – a translucent, colorless, brittle, nearly tasteless solid substance, derived from the collagen inside animals’ skin and bones. It is commonly used as a gelling agent.
Modified Wheat Starch – same as the wheat starch above but modified not to loose its thickening properties when heated.
Soy Lecithin (E322) – an oily substance derived from soybeans. Used as an emulsifier and to keep the dough from sticking
Partially Hydrogenated Soybean And/Or Cottonseed Oil – this is the source of trans-fat, folks.
Modified Corn Starch – a common additive used as a thickener. Corn starches are modified so they won’t lose their thickening properties when heated.
Xanthan Gum (E415) – a common emulsifier and thickener made from reaction between glucose and Xanthomonas campestris bacteria.
Red #40 (Allura Red / E129) – an artificial food coloring that is being phased out in Europe due to concerns about it causing child hyperactivity.
Color Added – on top of the artificial colors stated by name we get this mystery color.
Natural And Artificial Flavors – with all the crap in this product, no wonder it needs to be enhanced by some proprietary and secret formulas.
Blue #1 (Brilliant Blue FCF / E133) – a synthetic dye derived from coal tar! Was previously banned in Europe but now is allowed. May cause hyperactivity in children.

http://workoutmommy.com/2008/01/29/pop-tart-for-breakfast-think-again/

Sounds appetising...

So what, it contains ingredients. Big fucking deal, so does all food.

Do you have evidence that any of those ingredients at the amounts eaten in a pop tart are harmful.

I see one says is may be a carcinogen at high doses. Big deal, if your not eating high doses it doesn't matter. You want to know what else is lethal at high doses. Fucking everything.

Also I hope you don't cook your steak on a BBQ or in a pan because the nice tasting caramelisation you get on the outside is a well known carcinogen. Hope you stop eating steaks as well now.

Did you seriously link a site called workoutmommy.com Fucking lol. What a great source of information there.

Pop-Tart for breakfast? Think again! | Workout Mommy

Sounds appetising...

Wow it's only early, but this has got to be the thread hijack of the year!!!

Was that even worth typing?

So what, it contains ingredients. Big fucking deal, so does all food.

Do you have evidence that any of those ingredients at the amounts eaten in a pop tart are harmful.

I see one says is may be a carcinogen at high doses. Big deal, if your not eating high doses it doesn't matter. You want to know what else is lethal at high doses. Fucking everything.

Also I hope you don't cook your steak on a BBQ or in a pan because the nice tasting caramelisation you get on the outside is a well known carcinogen. Hope you stop eating steaks as well now.

As discussed, I regularly eat steak as it tastes good, and is not a man made chemical sugar cocktail. A lot of the stuff we eat will keep us alive but will not do us any good.

And no You can tall me all day that there is no evidence that this stuff is bad for you, still won't get me to eat it. To me common sense tells me that it is bad for you. When you think about what the human body is designed to eat, then see the poisons people feed it, yes we may still be alive but at what quality of life.

Each to their own I guess, by the way WPI is a natural product and is protein that the body can use and absorb easily, not a man made processed chemical cocktail, hence I don't buy commercial protein powders and weight gainers, just pure WPI. I don't generally like eating breakfast and I have a WPI Shake in the morning to keep me going till lunch.

Wow it's only early, but this has got to be the thread hijack of the year!!!

Was that even worth typing?

It's called 'copy and paste', took about 10 seconds to do :)

Last edited:
As discussed, I regularly eat steak as it tastes good, and is not a man made chemical sugar cocktail. A lot of the stuff we eat will keep us alive but will not do us any good.

Again you are wrongly assuming man made, chemicals or sugar automatically equals bad. It doesn't. Just because its not what you believed the body is designed??( we are not designed) to eat doesn't make it bad.

Wpi is a processed food. It in no way resembles a natural food.

Like I said BBQ cooked steak contains well known carcinogens. So if you are going to be consistent with your argument you better stop eating steak.

Again you are wrongly assuming man made, chemicals or sugar automatically equals bad. It doesn't

Like I said BBQ cooked steak contains well known carcinogens. So if you are going to be consistent with your argument you better stop eating steak.

Well you have to eat something, but I would be willing to bet my left testicle that if I ate nothing but steak and salad, and you ate nothing but poptarts in 12 months time I would be doing a lot better health wise than you would.

So there really is the answer....:rolleyes:

Well you have to eat something, but I would be willing to bet my left testicle that if I ate nothing but steak and salad, and you ate nothing but poptarts in 12 months time I would be doing a lot better health wise than you would.

That is not an answer at all because both diets are retarded. I have said all along eating too much of anything is no good. The example has nothing do with what I am talking about.

Your argument has no consistency.

You want to eat foods free of chemicals(even though all food contains chemicals) but then defend foods that contain chemicals that are well known carcinogens

You say processed food is bad and should only eat natural food. But then defend wpi which is a processed unnatural food. What is natural about it.

LOL.

Bazza give up.

As honest as I sit here, my dinner tonight will be between 8pm-1030pm and consist of:
40g dextrose
20g WPI
Lucine 3g
10g WPI
200g white rice - Cooked weight
Chicken or beef 150g
400ml apple juice
20 grapes
Domino's pizza - 4 slices - Hawian
Bulla vanilla ice cream 300g
Cottee's chocolate topping
Pop Tarts - cookies and crème - 2pces

I might even throw in another pop tart for mick ;)

LOL.

Bazza give up.

As honest as I sit here, my dinner tonight will be between 8pm-1030pm and consist of:
40g dextrose
20g WPI
Lucine 3g
10g WPI
Chicken or beef 150g
400ml apple juice
20 grapes

Lol.

Nice dinner. Got me thinking about pizza now.

Bazza will not agree with you taking in Leucine. Please justify your Leucine intake for Bazza pls.

I still have an 1/2 kg unopened bag of leucine in my cupboard from about 5 years ago. That shit was so feral I couldn't bring myself to get through the stuff.

Didn't want to throw it out but now that its 3 years past its best before I think it's time to chuck it.

LOL.

Bazza give up.

40g dextrose
20g WPI
Lucine 3g
10g WPI
Chicken or beef 150g
400ml apple juice
20 grapes

Wow

Just wow

Haha, I give up.

Eat what you want, and if you can convince yourself that pop tarts are good for you and a nutritional benefit to your weight training goals eat them till you choke for all I care.

But deep down inside you must know that they are a nutritional nightmare full of empty carbohydrates and excess sodium, not to mention all the other rubbish:rolleyes:

Everyone has been saying they are fine in a well balanced diet. Wtf.

Haha, I give up.

Eat what you want, and if you can convince yourself that pop tarts are good for you and a nutritional benefit to your weight training goals eat them till you choke for all I care.

But deep down inside you must know that they are a nutritional nightmare full of empty carbohydrates and excess sodium, not to mention all the other rubbish:rolleyes:

Mick i don't need to convince myself anything. What I think deep down inside is that same as what I think up on top.

Try and make a consistent argument next time. Hope you enjoy your processed unnatural wpi and carcinogenic chemical containing steak. Lol.