• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Never considered pop tarts as something that would positively affect your macros.

Never even considered them as food suitable for human consumption.:rolleyes:

Poptarts are great...
Just been away on a ski comp, packing foods is hard as usually it's hot and ice doesn't last in the esky, and the food available is just burgers and hot dogs..

So I took some whey, some peanut butter and a few poptarts, to snack on during the day till I got back to camp and cooked meats and salads, was able to hit my cutting macros very easily, which is hard when away and not near shops

I got cookies and cream pop tarts for Christmas, wasnt particular a fan. Ive seen them alot in the reject shop in WA.

not a big fan of sugary foods..

if i was going to eat them its better not toasted.

You know all carbs turn to glucose right?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't worry me what they turn into, taste like crap, are processed sugary rubbish. I wouldn't eat it.

I tend to eat real food, would eat a (proper) Hamburger made with real meat and real salad over processed crap any day.

Can not really see how a sugary processed food can assist you positively in any way. But each to their own.

Had similar discussion about diet soft drink, some people love em to me they just taste like a vile chemical cocktail.

I think my taste buds are accustomed to proper foods, so pop tarts just have a bland chemical taste to them not much different to flavored cardboard with similar texture.

I don't eat any meats that have been processed either, like mashed up stuff like chicken nuggets, salami, sausages etc etc. Just eat meat that I can recognize as meat. Not for any other reason other than taste. If I don't like it I won't eat it, don't care what it is.

Mick I agree I think pop tarts taste like shit but you keep using terms like real food and proper food.

If its not proper or real food what is it. If it wasn't real food you wouldn't be able to extract the nutrients out of it.

It's just another food. Eating a few of them isn't going to have any negative impacts. Just like fitting pretty much anything in moderation into a varied diet will be fine.

Now if your diet was 100% pop tarts yes you will have some issues. Just like if your diet was 100% apples( just as an example)

Processed or not, moderation is the one diet that's stood the test of time!!

They are fine occasionally.. Personally I buy 95% of my foods from the but her or the fruit and get store, doesn't mean my test taste ure can't appreciate something as tasty as a poptart!!

Inb4 moderation is not a diet, you know what I mean..

Wouldn't worry me what they turn into, taste like crap, are processed sugary rubbish. I wouldn't eat it.

I tend to eat real food, would eat a (proper) Hamburger made with real meat and real salad over processed crap any day.

Can not really see how a sugary processed food can assist you positively in any way. But each to their own.

Had similar discussion about diet soft drink, some people love em to me they just taste like a vile chemical cocktail.

I think my taste buds are accustomed to proper foods, so pop tarts just have a bland chemical taste to them not much different to flavored cardboard with similar texture.

I don't eat any meats that have been processed either, like mashed up stuff like chicken nuggets, salami, sausages etc etc. Just eat meat that I can recognize as meat. Not for any other reason other than taste. If I don't like it I won't eat it, don't care what it is.

Im with Mick on this... Although i do like me a chicken nugget. So long its made at home using chicken that i have bought... and cut/minced and crumbed myself :)

Salami the same, i hate just about every salami from the store, 1 or 2 Italian delis are the exception, But if i must i will also make it at home.

Even tinned tomatoes and Passata get on my nerves sometimes. Id rather buy a few boxes form the markets and boil/jar them up myself. The flavor is just unbeatable. And i dont understand if they are just tomatoes....... why do the ones i make taste like they should...

Last edited:
When I have my carb meal Sunday I might incorporate some of these. Just to discover what all the hype is about!

Processed or not, moderation is the one diet that's stood the test of time!!

They are fine occasionally.. Personally I buy 95% of my foods from the but her or the fruit and get store, doesn't mean my test taste ure can't appreciate something as tasty as a poptart!!

Inb4 moderation is not a diet, you know what I mean..

Wow... Reading my own post, makes no sense...
Stupid auto correct

oh I forgot to answer the OP question. The best way to have them IMO is broken up and smushed into oats. They melt through and taste very good that way.

Also like this isn't bad

pop tart sandwich with chocolate peanut butter
2012-03-09%252019.19.49.jpg

Im with Mick on this... Although i do like me a chicken nugget. So long its made at home using chicken that i have bought... and cut/minced and crumbed myself :)

Salami the same, i hate just about every salami from the store, 1 or 2 Italian delis are the exception, But if i must i will also make it at home.

Even tinned tomatoes and Passata get on my nerves sometimes. Id rather buy a few boxes form the markets and boil/jar them up myself. The flavor is just unbeatable. And i dont understand if they are just tomatoes....... why do the ones i make taste like they should...

Yes home made chicken nuggets are fine, I make em from chicken and bread crumbs.

Like I said, I tend to not enjoy processed stuff, don't care about moderation why would I eat something that tastes vile when I could be eating something that tastes nice. I am not a health freak, I just eat stuff that tastes good, why would I want to eat sugary flavoured cardboard when I could have a nice pice of meat instead, or an egg or a salad roll or what ever.

If people like them well eat them, but don't tell me that it is part of a dietary requirement as it has great macros. Please it's rubbish no matter which way you look at it. It might fit within your macros, but that does not make it taste good or good in any way

Mick I agree I think pop tarts taste like shit but you keep using terms like real food and proper food.

If its not proper or real food what is it. If it wasn't real food you wouldn't be able to extract the nutrients out of it.

It is man made processed rubbish. if course your body car get something out of it, but nothing that helps it any way to better itself, and you live despite it not because of it.

It's just another food. Eating a few of them isn't going to have any negative impacts. Just like fitting pretty much anything in moderation into a varied diet will be fine.

It's debatable if it is actually food, I mean you can eat it but in reality I would not classify it as food, just like lollies and stuff are not really food containing anything that is essential for your day to day nutrition, you will be fine never to have eaten any of it.

Yes just because it fits does not make it a taste good. Anything that is processed tastes like a chemical cocktail to me. Diet soft drinks have a strong bitter chemical taste that almost makes me dry reach. So I simply do not go near them. Same with a lot of other stuff, While a piece of chicken or steak or salad etc etc just tastes nice, makes my mouth water and I love eating it.

Total rubbish mick. You are falling for the naturalistic fallacy that anything natural must be good and man made / processed = bad and its total garbage.

Anything is bad for you if you have too much of it. Yes even steak and eggs.

Total rubbish mick. You are falling for the naturalistic fallacy that anything natural must be good and man made / processed = bad and its total garbage.

Anything is bad for you if you have too much of it. Yes even steak and eggs.

Poptarts certainly can't be bad!!
They taste too good...