• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wingman vs Oni Bench Challenge

wingman

Super M0derator
So oni and i both have shit benches - both 1rms are 80kg.

My next meet is on 17 March (tbc) which is where itll next be tested. Ive said that if he has a meet on a similar date or wants to test 1rm on same day we'll go for absolute kilo increase.

Im doing 5x5 once a week plus assistance. Hes said hes doing some strongman prep at the moment but still wants in.

So if anyone else wants to weigh in, join in, wager on a winner or offer tips for increasing bench in 12 weeks, reply within :)

Tip for fast bench progress. Gain a stack of weight. Nothing gets the bench going up quickly like weight gain.

I'd join you guys in this shits 'n giggles, but my bench is a fraction higher (literally: it's probably still maxed @ 85kg atm).

But if you want someone else to poke fun at along the way, why not? :D Going for the best increase, not the highest max, right? So, for me, newmax minux 85 rather than newmax minus 80.

If so, I'll see how my haphazard homebrew LP program works, compared to... er, whatever it is you guys are doing. :p

I'd join you guys in this shits 'n giggles, but my bench is a fraction higher (literally: it's probably still maxed @ 85kg atm).

But if you want someone else to poke fun at along the way, why not? :D Going for the best increase, not the highest max, right? So, for me, newmax minux 85 rather than newmax minus 80.

If so, I'll see how my haphazard homebrew LP program works, compared to... er, whatever it is you guys are doing. :p

Sure mate, thats close enough to come along for the ride. How long ago did you test the 85 and was it paused or tng?

Smash it Wingers!
My money's on you!
What weight are you aiming for or will that give away too much?

To detail my training I do 3 weeks of high volume followed by 3 weeks of heavy work.
I'm doing mostly 3-6 reps per set all paused reps at a 9-10RPE

Also calling bets is silly because no one will bet on me

So there are no excuses and no misfortune from injuries or other negative events, why not make the contest who improves their bench most in 2013.

Starting point 80kg for both, and who lifts most by the end of the year wins.

To detail my training I do 3 weeks of high volume followed by 3 weeks of heavy work.
I'm doing mostly 3-6 reps per set all paused reps at a 9-10RPE

Also calling bets is silly because no one will bet on me

You can borrow my styrofoam plates if you like, they make me look like a hero on youtube.

So there are no excuses and no misfortune from injuries or other negative events, why not make the contest who improves their bench most in 2013.

Starting point 80kg for both, and who lifts most by the end of the year wins.

Because there's already an annual comp in this section

Ok, i am putting my monopoly money on ONI. I admire his passion so i am hoping he can come through. Go Oni, but stay clean.

I would jump in too, if I wasn't going on a holiday in a few days.
My bench at the moment is around 75kg for 5 reps and 1 rep too.
It used to be 140kg, but thanks to shattered wrist and 2 busted elbows, my progress is slow and painful...

Poor Oni, he weighs 30kg less than you wingers and yet benches the same amount of weight (or at least he claims he does) so his bench isn't that shit really.

If I had the same ratio as Oni...I'd be looking at a 130kg+ bench...that would be nice!

when Oni gets to 80kg with a couple of years of training he will do some good weights.

For his size, he is pretty good now. Around 200kg dead lift at under 70kg is a good lift. his squat is also good.