• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wingman vs Oni Bench Challenge

Tip for fast bench progress. Gain a stack of weight. Nothing gets the bench going up quickly like weight gain.

I notice the current and ex fat bastards (like me :) .. on the forum seem to have better benches typically compared to their squat & dead. (I can't prove that, it's just a sense i get)

I notice the current and ex fat bastards (like me :) .. on the forum seem to have better benches typically compared to their squat & dead. (I can't prove that, it's just a sense i get)

I've read your log, I think it would be fair to say your bench is higher then your dead and squat because you do 3 x the amount of volume on bench then you do the other lifts.

I've read your log, I think it would be fair to say your bench is higher then your dead and squat because you do 3 x the amount of volume on bench then you do the other lifts.

Well lately i do fly's, bicep curls and various other gym bro things :), but pure calorie burn and general fitness is about where i'm at at present (once i get back into it this year on saturday)

But going back to before my log (wavy lines) ... Even when i was 16/17 i didn't struggle overly much with bench, 17 and around 85kg's I benched around 80 within a few weeks of ever going to a gym (for reps) .... I still struggle more to squat that than i ever did to bench it.

Well lately i do fly's, bicep curls and various other gym bro things :), but pure calorie burn and general fitness is about where i'm at at present (once i get back into it this year on saturday)

But going back to before my log (wavy lines) ... Even when i was 16/17 i didn't struggle overly much with bench, 17 and around 85kg's I benched around 80 within a few weeks of ever going to a gym (for reps) .... I still struggle more to squat that than i ever did to bench it.

All good mate just pointing out the obvious, if you trained those lifts they would progress.

I practiced decline and put 20 kgs on my flat bench in 6 months. If your sticky point is mid way set pins on rack midway and practice exploding off them same as if its the bottom. Be carefull of shoulders exploding from bottom start off with 50% off your normal weight u pump out 10 reps with.

Markos has said before he wishes they didnt. And hes pres of the fed lol

Did he give a reason?
Seems like something someone would have a good reason for lol.
Also coefficient scores only really work well for the total, not individual lifts

Unless wingman falls ill he'll do better, he's about a foot taller than oni
and 31 kg heavier. Trains at a PTC. Has a trainer etc. If Wingers doesn't win PTC Perth will kill him.

Unless wingman falls ill he'll do better, he's about a foot taller than oni

Doubt it. Not sure his height, isnt he 5'10 or something? Im 6'3 / 98kg (in gym clothes + shoes + fluids). And id say height is detrimental to bench anyway. In before research bomb.