• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oats5's 2013 Body Transformation

oats5

I'm relatively new to body building, I have never been a proper member of a gym however I have been to gyms a few times throughout my life, no more than 20 times most likely.

I did some strength and conditioning training with my school rugby coach which yielded better than what I expected results so I am here now to have a proper crack at a year long transformation not just a pre-season rugby transformation.

At the moment I will need to loose a few kilograms to be content with my weight, I have eaten pretty badly over my life, with the main culprit being a fairly high in sugar diet, I'm hoping to reduce this as i already did towards the middle and end of 2012. I hope this challenge will motivate me to continue eating healthy and to improve even more so.

Currently I haven't lifted in roughly 3 years so my strength has suffered pretty heavily.

Currently I can lift:

Bench press: 80kgs x 10 x 3 sets.
Deadlift: 105kgs x 10 x 3 sets.
Squat:95kgs x 10 x 3 sets.

I unfortunatly do not know my 1 rep max at the moment.

My job requires more muscle endurance than simply strength and power and this has been a factor in my amount of repetitions and sets.

I can run 2.4 km's in 10:05 and 4 km's in 18:10 and will continue to work on my running and cardio.

At the moment and until I feel the need to do isolation exercises I will mainly stick to compound exercises. Try to use the main muscle groups and get the biggest gains over the first 6 months roughly of my training and then work out a more refined planned to suit from when I feel I have hit the wall essentially.

I train in my garage with a pretty decent set up, it offers almost everything I need to do the exercises, however i will continue to improve it over the coming 12 months and beyond.

Some statistics are:
Height: 184 cm's
Weight: 86 kg's
Waist: 35 inches
Arms: 14.5 inches
Chest: 42 inches
Body Fat: roughly 18% (once I am shown how to use the skin fold calipers properly I will come back with a better estimation).
Neck: 15.5 inches
Calfs: 16.5 inches

Goals: Improve diet, stick to it the entire year and enjoy the journey, and maybe gain a bit of muscle along the way.

Obviously there is a long way to go and some areas that need massive improvement but i look forward to seeing how everyone goes over the next 12 months.

I think that sums up about all I have to say.

Good luck everyone!

Relaxed;

Front:
IMG_3380_zps7cca1907.jpg

Back:
IMG_3384_zpsb9b5484b.jpg

Side:
IMG_3389_zps9dda218c.jpg

Legs:
IMG_3391_zps3b915768.jpg

Calfs:
IMG_3393_zps7d73aa04.jpg

Tensed;

Front (1):
IMG_3412_zpsd5a71e1a.jpg

Front (2):
IMG_3415_zps76aed11f.jpg

Back (1):
IMG_3417_zps517c4cbb.jpg

Back (2):
IMG_3419_zps97a08928.jpg

Legs (1):
IMG_3420_zps8f5a541e.jpg

Legs (2):
IMG_3421_zpsa9fdfc77.jpg

Legs (3):
IMG_3422_zpsa8821cbb.jpg

Calfs:
IMG_3423_zpsca30cb43.jpg

I had a DEXA scan done on the 21st of Jan 2013, I forgot to add this to my post after.

The results were as follows:

BMC (g): 2943.39
Fat Mass (g): 12862.6
Lean Mass (g): 75076.1
Lean + BMC (g): 78019.5
Total Weight (g): 90882.1
Body fat: 14.2%

Total body bone mineral density: 1.182 g.cm- (normal).
• Total percent body fat: 14.2 % (recommended limits 8% – 20%)
• Central abdominal fat (sub-region R1): 0.344 kg – Low risk
• Resting Metabolic Rate: 2216 kcal/day

Overall, I took it as a positive because I thought my BF would be much higher, roughly 20%.

Also my lifts are currently based on full body.

Squat 3 x 8 x 100kg (needs vast improvement in my eyes) (warm up of 8 x 70kg)
Dumbbell Bench press: 3x6x80kg (warm up of 6 x 55kg)
Barbell Bench: 3 x 6 x 97.5kg (warm up of 6 x 60.5kg)
Deadlift: 3 x 5 x 140kg (warm up of 5 x 90kg)

For my current body weight 94kg I feel the squat is my weakest, even though I do love it one of the most, just having issues with pushing up with my toes, when I should use my heels.

Some times I do standing dumbbell over head press and I started at 3 x 6 x 40kg, I'm now doing 3 x 6 x 50kg..