• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No Bull 5 samples review (plus beef jerky!)

McKwl

Overloaded Member
Ordered 5 flavoured WPI samples, and peri-peri beef jerky, both of which had free shipping, which I thought was pretty reasonable.

Just trying the first sample now. I'll update this thread when I try more.

It's choc cherry. Smelled like fake cherry, in the little packet. Sort of smelled a bit different when mixed with full cream milk - a bit more like fake choc cherry, haha. Don't know why exactly. Mixed well, though some of it seems to rise to the top, and some settle to the bottom, if left for a minute or two - easily swished back in though. Tastes great! Quite sweet, compared to my usual whey shakes. But not too overpowering, or unpleasant. Definitely recommended, overall.

The jerky is good too. Not very strong-tasting, which is fine. Soft, but still chewy. Infinitely better than the last jerky I tried, which was from the supermarket. Bleh. :mad:

All in all, very impressed. Looking forward to trying the other four flavours of WPI! :)

Was not a fan of the choc cherry myself, but then again I don't eat cherry ripe either.

The best for the choc based flavours is choc honeycomb is amazing, love the stuff, the mango is great as well, my faves are mango, vanilla, choc honeycomb.

Also great are choc coconut and strawberry and choc mint.

I usually order 5kg at a time and get 5 different flavours, once vanilla runs out I order another 5kg, so have a few flavours on hand, best to but the tupper ware style containers from Woolies or Big W and put them in that.

I bought the 1.75 litre tall Decor ones, they sit nicely in the kitchen cupboard, but don't fit a whole kilo in there, but go close, once it goes down a but just top it up.

Best shake ever get a blender, about 100ml of milk, a heap of ice cubes may be 8 or 10, add 40 grams of choc honeycomb and blend till smooth, just like a Gloria Jeans Smoothy only better.

Last edited:
Choc mint today. Didn't smell very minty, or even very chocolatey. Also, ended up tasting only choc-ey, for whatever reason. I mean, very slightly minty, but yeah, not nearly as much as expected. A bit disappointed there. Seemed not to mix as easily, too. No idea way - maybe I didn't shake it enough this time. Again, swished back in just fine anyway. Smooth taste, but not very interesting.

The jerky, on the other hand, has been more tasty as I've eaten more of it. The flavouring doesn't stick all that well, apparently, so it's made its way down, towards the bottom of the packet. Hence, it's even better than before - a bit spicy, and flat out om nom. :)

edit: The choc cherry took me back to another GJ thing, now you mention it, Mick - my better half would sometimes bring home a couple of cherry coffees (!) and I got used to them for a while, sweet and weird as they were, lol. She's just a weird chick, actually, but never mind that - she's not up for review. ;) So, whether I would've liked it otherwise, or even whether I'll order it? DUnno.

Last edited:
Had the strawberry and mango over the last couple of days (separately).

Strawberry was intense. Really damn sweet, I found again, but I should note that I don't tend to eat or drink "artificial" stuff very often at all, I'm not used to the sweetener used in these, and I also don't eat much sweet food overall, lol. Also, see below...

Mango was much nicer, I thought. Smooth, as they've all been. But I also had this one in 400ml of full cream milk, rather than 300ml (that's what I used for all the others). Mixed in perfectly, wasn't too sweet, but still a strong enough flavour, for sure.

Only one to go: banana.

mango and choc honey comb are great!

the electric strawberry bcaa's are terrible , worse than some cough mixtures

Banana is maybe the smoothest so far. Used 400ml of milk again. Was much milder than mango, for example. A bit "chalky" in taste if that makes any sense - I was expecting something more like banana lollies from way back - but not in texture (which is great, as always). Mixed perfectly.

I should have been using 400ml or so from the beginning, as it turns out. Then I reckon they'd all be good, though some better than others.

Maybe I'll get used to all this artificial flavouring and sweetening stuff, and if so, I can see No Bull being a definite contender for being my "supplier", yo. :D

Not sure how their WPI compares to others, because all I've had before this was WPC. Seems much higher quality though - I just don't know what that's down to, exactly. So, even if I don't get used to those additives, their natural WPI could be another good way to go.

My two cents.

All the nb protiens mix brilliantly with the skim milk I use. Couple of shakes then leave for a few min and smooth as.

I really like the Choc mint and Choc peanut not as full on in flavour as some of the other commercial protiens I have had before. 250ml of milk seems to be the sweet spot. Awesome taste best tasting powders I have had to date.

Strawberry is meh however froths more and tastes kinda artificial. Will try mango on my next batch.