• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Optimun nutrition amino energy anxiety??

McFLy

super m0derator
So my mrs brought this for a pre work work out its got green tea extract, caffeine from green coffee and the essential aminos. She's had it four times now the last 2 times she's had good good work outs and and energy even after gym and cardio has gone to a step or body pump class afterwards lol damn les mills !! Any way last few times she gets massive late night sweats can't sleep and fast heart rate with some anxiety. She is not a big caffeine drinker but can handle coffee easly. Do you think it's the phenylalanine or another amino ? Btw I started her off on a quater of the recommended dosage! I personally don't take pre work outs but now I just inherited 250 grams of it lol.

What's your experience with the stuff any good??

C3537E53-2579-424C-8F78-62E04F62E1D5-2330-0000017BF0F7A249_zps28a103e5.jpg

CNS..it sound like its the caffeine, though phenylalanine has been shown to cause neural issues also.
There's 50mg of caffeine per scoop.

CNS..it sound like its the caffeine, though phenylalanine has been shown to cause neural issues also.
There's 50mg of caffeine per scoop.

I put a scoop under my tounge an hour ago its got a bit kick to it not like Dmaa and 1mr but never the less a good kick for a small dose

I tried a few sample packets last year that I got at the Fitness Expo. It hyped me up a fair bit as well, so I reduced it to 1/2 servings as well.

From my own experience I'd say it might be something other than the caffeine as I've recently started taking caffeine pills (200mg) since I train at 6am, but don't get any of the 'hyped up' effects that amino energy gave, it just 'wakes' me up.

I tried a few sample packets last year that I got at the Fitness Expo. It hyped me up a fair bit as well, so I reduced it to 1/2 servings as well.

From my own experience I'd say it might be something other than the caffeine as I've recently started taking caffeine pills (200mg) since I train at 6am, but don't get any of the 'hyped up' effects that amino energy gave, it just 'wakes' me up.

I don't know if it was the amino energy or coz I started deadlifting again and the power carried over but I train 5.30 a.m and I hit 10 ks above my 1rm in squats for reps in saying that I switched to sumo for a busted knee that is causing me pain. Either way it was ass to grass but I reckon it's a combo of both d/ls and amino!

Just stick to caffeine tabs. I used to experience the same effects when using pre workouts. Since switching to caffeine tabs all symptoms have stopped and I get just as good workout.

Last edited: