• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
D

delux

been a member of this joint for a few weeks now , some interesting reading about the place

i was just wondering if you guys could give me some advice. Im 17 nearly 18, i go to the gym alot now and got really into building, but i was wondering if you experts out there could give me a good and effective routine to help build mass but also cardio work in a routine aswell, because i keep hearing stuff like if you do cardio after your weights session it actually prevents or doesnt really help build the muscle mass just loses it.

I could be completely wrong here but this is why im hear asking you guys for help.

delux

I think the thing about Cardio is to not do more than 15 minutes after a weight training session.

If you want to do more CV you're best to try and do them on seperate days.
This is easier said than done in my case as once I've done my weights I'm too knackered on my "off" days to go for a run.

I try to split my goals, ie bulk up for a couple of months then do more CV and try to drop some body fat for a couple of months.

If you're trying to bulk up, go for a split programme.

EG
Monday- Chest & Back
Tuesday- Legs & Forearms
Wed- Rest
Thursday - Biceps & Triceps
Friday - Shoulders & Traps

If you can do a 15 minute run after then so much the better.

Or just do one body part a day . I do this on my lunch time at work, it gives me 20 minutes and I go 5 days.
If you want to build mass then do not overtrain. Overtraining is a sure way to lose weight, and mass. In this case more is not better.

Yea stick to the basics, more is not better. What are you looking for? More strength, more size, cuts. Training heavy will give two of the three, cuts come from diet. To burn off a average vanilla shake will take 50 minutes of running, not jogging. So why not just watch the diet. Actually it is easier.

Or just do one body part a day . I do this on my lunch time at work, it gives me 20 minutes and I go 5 days.
If you want to build mass then do not overtrain. Overtraining is a sure way to lose weight, and mass. In this case more is not better.
Kudos to,you... ???