• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cube Method beta test + Brandon Lily drug advice!

very cool

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odvKo3YXJeU[/ame]

Last edited:
I like Lily's general candidness about drugs in his writings and vids. I think this is a positive step in the right direction in terms of the politics of strength sports etc.

Whats so good about cube?

they are stackable :)

and they will never, ever leave you

Companion_Cube_p2.png

That and he's still totalled more than all the Australian's on the gear lol

And pretty sure the biggest total in America in 2012 raw? And top 10 equipped

None of this answers my original question of whats good about the program

It's no better than any other program.
You lift once a week per exercise. First week is max effort, second is reps, third is speed. Then you rotate it around so one lift is max, one lift is reps and the other is speed in each week so you do max effort, reps and speed each week. 4th day is brodybuilding

It's just a neat way of doing max effort, reps and power training all at the same time. There are a few programs that do this

It's basically a combination of 5/3/1 and Westside.

If it's good enough for Mark Bell, and a tonne of ex-Westside lifters, to hit PRs off then it's good enough for plebs like us

That and Lilly himself has added 70kg or something like that to his squat in the past year, and 40-odd kg on bench

I like it cos it combines ME, RE and DE using the main lifts themselves, as well as only having 1 heavy day a week (I've struggled to maintain 2 on the typical WSB split)
There's also enough variation to cater to my training ADD lol

That said it definitely seems as though it is better suited to unequipped than equipped lifters if the results of Lilly's training crew is anything to go by (they're all hella strong but get basically zero out of their equipment)

Last edited:
digging up this thread.

Anyone else used the cube method? Results?

I'm happy with linear progression for squat and bench (and just more frequency in general for bench) but was umming and ahhing about linear progression for deads. Mainly because of how taxing they are when going super heavy to the limit. Cube would mean doing this every 3 weeks instead of basically nothing for the first part of cycle and then pretty much every week for the last half.

Currently running it, just under 7 weeks out from Nats. Looks easy on paper but some of the workouts are bloody brutal.
I like it cause I get to max out (or close) on one of the big 3 every week. I'll be hitting decent PBs on all 3 lifts at Nats barring injury or something unforeseen happening.