• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cube Method beta test + Brandon Lily drug advice!

Ariel from elite physique and 200kg bencher at 90kg.
advocates incline press 45 degrees to the neck.

His theory us that if your bench moves ftom 100 to 120 on incline. Your normal bench will have to increase at the same rate. It got him from 140 to 190 apparent.

Interesting

That's hurts my shoulders just thinking about that :(

Is he doing incline as well as flat or just incline to get the carryover.

Both. He starts out with incline then onto bench.

Also does alot of tricep work. Skull crushers/teeth crushers/GPBP and overhead presses.

- Although he benches using a close-ish grip normal (a few cm inside the rings on an elieko).

- I asked the same questions u guys did. Trust me.

- Ive always wondered how much carry over it would get into the flat bench if at all.

- I have the means of trialling it on some of lifters who have stalled benches so why not spend 4 weeks on this theory. I will report back later :)

@The Hamburgler u read it wrong it wasnt the exact figures. lol. What i meant was when he started doing more incline his bench moved.

lol fair enough. You could have been more clear :p or said something like "if his incline moves his flat moves as well"
in that regard though I tend to agree with Naparm. if he's getting 1:1 out of incline:flat, it's a lot harder to move an incline bench than it is a flat.
for someone who hasn't done much/any incline though, you might get a 0.5:1 or something like that eg incline goes up 10kg, flat 15kg which would be better training economy

speaking to a few guys over here (and Bostock at ESP) they all have a bench-related movement that they know if that improves, their comp bench will.
eg Mark Bell floor press, Brandon Lilly 2-board press, Bostock floor press

I have a few intermediates like that here.

Floor press will move for some. While board press others.
Even though the movements are similar. I think it has more to do with the particular sticking point work. Ive read spotto does no board work until a few weeks leading into a comp however.

My bench finally moved again after i started doing really heavy overload 2 board work leading into a comp.

lol fair enough. You could have been more clear :p or said something like "if his incline moves his flat moves as well"
in that regard though I tend to agree with Naparm. if he's getting 1:1 out of incline:flat, it's a lot harder to move an incline bench than it is a flat.
for someone who hasn't done much/any incline though, you might get a 0.5:1 or something like that eg incline goes up 10kg, flat 15kg which would be better training economy

speaking to a few guys over here (and Bostock at ESP) they all have a bench-related movement that they know if that improves, their comp bench will.
eg Mark Bell floor press, Brandon Lilly 2-board press, Bostock floor press

If you haven't done incline for a while dont be surprised if you get a very quick 10-15kg increase in incline as you get the groove for it without any increase in your flat.

An interesting thing I just noticed
Nearly all these programs give a similar amount on their total in 10 weeks

Also people seem to have a very hard time around the 200kg squat/deadlift mark and the 120kg bench mark but then with pretty fast increases past then

Always found a nice carry over from incline to bench. It has a bigger range of motion and if your incline goes up you find it alot easier at the bottom of your bench.