• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Being stronger makes you more useful / better at anything in life. Still should practice skills though for your sport / hobby / occupation.

This is a mantra ive strongly believed in ever since i first discovered weight training which is why im puzzled by those who train for appearance.
Being stronger makes you better at looking good.

Motivation changes with age. At 12 it was Bruce Lee, at 16 it was Arnie, at 27 it was Dorian Yates, at 36 it is the result of a few decisions on how I want to spend the rest of my life. Work has always been the equaliser, and has usually won out. Having the power rack at home is something I wish I had done 15 years ago.

At the end of the day, it is something I enjoy, I love making the lift, feeling pumped, getting toned and having more energy. I want to be big and strong and have the confidence and other benefits it brings, not fat and fatigued.

I tend to agree as you get older it becomes more about staying in shape longer and extending your useful lifespan if that makes sense, I have friends of the family that are very big, and lazy, they are around my age (44) and already had strokes and heart attacks, they feel faint when it gets too hot, struggle to carry the shopping in, can't move the fridge or shift furniture around, take medication for various ailments etc etc

I power through all these tasks, take no medication and consider myself in perfect health, with blood tests confirming my health.

That is motivation right there. Will strip off some body fat this year to actually show the muscles off by the end of 2013.

nothing inspired me to "start" training. just happened one night when my brother came by after training and asked if i wanted to go next week, here i am 2 years later haha

what drives me? that feeling inside tht makes you want to be the best, the strongest, that never ending hunger for the iron.

I used to be very active through teens into early twenties with sport/skateboarding then stopped everything due to work and laziness! Was a pack a day smoker and went from being around 75-80 to 102. Saw my father in and out of hospital all my life with heart attacks and angina issues caused from smoking, and will never forget watching him being pushed down the hall on a bed to get surgery for a mechanical aorta valve and five way bypass to save his life! And at this point he hasn't had a cigarette for a good twenty years!

I got married and had our first child, and decided I would never put my children through any of it (not if I had the choice to), so stopped smoking! Haven't had cigarette since!

Started lifting to get fit and help change in career! Now it will be apart of who I am for life! Nothing better than beating the previous you! There may always people stronger, so my motivation comes from trying to stay stronger than myself ;) thats what keeps, and will keep me lifting for years!

nothing inspired me to "start" training. just happened one night when my brother came by after training and asked if i wanted to go next week, here i am 2 years later haha

what drives me? that feeling inside tht makes you want to be the best, the strongest, that never ending hunger for the iron.
I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train 'em is my cause

I've always been at the gym but did more sport specific stuff but the whole bikini and sports model quest was something I thought of doing especially after my major leg operations and not being able to fight

I've always been at the gym but did more sport specific stuff but the whole bikini and sports model quest was something I thought of doing especially after my major leg operations and not being able to fight

Fight? What did u do before?

a mate of mine got me to lift with him one time.
thats all it took! though the wwf wrestlers always inspired me i just never had the drive.
looking back my mate had no idea...and still doesnt :p
i probably wasted 18 months of training...not as a bro by any means but not knowing enough about form and nutrition. :(
i started out at 72kg and 20% bf... @183cm.
still 20% bf but now weigh 92kg. so probably doin ok. :p

round 1 when I was 16, because I had a BMI of 16

round 2 after quitting gym and eating crap, had a BMI of 57.

basically 20 or 30 health issues needed to be sorted out

I hate when people say, is it your NY resolution to lose another 15-20 kgs, when it's just another day at the office.

I started off as a cyclist, i got into cycling as a way to keep fit , after seeing my dads medical problems i thought no way am i going down that path so got into a fitness kick , i used to ride past the gym all the time but had always heard of gym prices being high so i never bothered going in

Me and my gf went away for the week and the motel we stayed at had a gym , so i played around with the equipment , when i got back home i thought stuff it I'll go check out the prices , so i headed off to the gym and found the prices were rather cheap

A mate of mine dragged me a long to the local gym when I was 17.
I was reluctant and scared to go as I weighed a massive 60kg. My nickname was sticks.
There was some hot chicks at the gym so persisted with it.

20 plus years later and now sitting at 85kg and now nicknamed Pecs lol