• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet planning help

YoHoJo

I need help planning a diet, I'm 88 kg at 178 cm and I was going to start off with 2500 calories and see how it's goes after a week or so here is the breakdown I'm aiming for

2g protein = 176g = 704 cal
.85g fat = 74.8g = 673.2 cal

Carbs =280.7g. = 1122.8 cal
Total = 2500 cal

I will be training 3 days a week following the PTC beginner program, I will probably only eat 2 maybe 3 meals a day and I have no clue what to plan to eat to hit my minimums

Also I don't like fish or eggs all that much

I forgot to say I think I'm around 20% bodyfat

Last edited:
What exactly are you asking?
Are you after weight gain, weight loss etc?

At 20% BF I would avoid bulking, you'll look like a balloon since some fat gain will be increased during a bulk.

Last edited:
If your in a defecit you'll lose weight...
If you don't like fish and eggs don't eat them!!!

Gone are the days of diets not being enjoyable..
I'm cutting, just had a big taco salad for lunch, a honeycomb mars bar and a pepsi max!!!

Doin it tough...

If your in a defecit you'll lose weight...
If you don't like fish and eggs don't eat them!!!

Gone are the days of diets not being enjoyable..
I'm cutting, just had a big taco salad for lunch, a honeycomb mars bar and a pepsi max!!!

Doin it tough...

I understand that, I just wanted a diet plan, I Should stop
Being lazy, just unsure how to make say 2 or 3 meals and hit my target macros

Say if I use myfitnesspal is there a way of changing my daily reqs?

I understand that, I just wanted a diet plan, I Should stop
Being lazy, just unsure how to make say 2 or 3 meals and hit my target macros

Say if I use myfitnesspal is there a way of changing my daily reqs?
Yes there is. Go to the website (log on) and adjust macro breakdown there.

Separate question (sorry if hijacking like this is a no no....) If you have 2,000 calories maintenance and eat 1,500 but all protein, or really low carbs, or lots of fat - will you still see the same weight loss? Ie if you ate 1500 cal of chocolate and a multivitamin would you see similar results to if you ate 1,500 worth of veggies, carbs, lean meat etc?

By same token if you want to gain size does it really matter if you eat 2,500 but go under on carbs, over on fat etc.

No doubt there's an awesome thread on this somewhere here already... Battling with search function on ipad whilst watching sons of anarchy!

I was searching a simple and easy to follow diet plan. And now me search has complete because it found my answer here. I was looking for quite simple and effective diet plan. YoHoJo post is good and i am start following it

Last edited:
Thanks for that is this worth buying?

No its all BS....and a waste of money...

Yes it can work...

However all diets work if it places you in a calorie deficit....

The key to success is to find a method of eating that suits you and your lifestyle... If that style of eating suits you then by all means buy it....

However there are many other free options online...

Paleo
Dukan
Keto
Carb cycling
Iifym
Intermittent fasting
Yada yada yada

I need help planning a diet, I'm 88 kg at 178 cm and I was going to start off with 2500 calories and see how it's goes after a week or so here is the breakdown I'm aiming for

I will be training 3 days a week following the PTC beginner program, I will probably only eat 2 maybe 3 meals a day and I have no clue what to plan to eat to hit my minimums

Also I don't like fish or eggs all that much

I forgot to say I think I'm around 20% bodyfat

Need to run it for 2 weeks and then reassess and adjust accordingly

My opinion on macros is not to get to hung up on it... With a bf of 20% its more important to concentrate on calorie counting and start winding the fat down......

I do eat a lot of meat so without checking I do have a high protein intake..... High protein will spare lean mass while in a deficit... However its more important to find a sustainable approach rather then push yourself to eat a kilo of meat every day...

No its all BS....and a waste of money...

Yes it can work...

However all diets work if it places you in a calorie deficit....

The key to success is to find a method of eating that suits you and your lifestyle... If that style of eating suits you then by all means buy it....

However there are many other free options online...

Paleo
Dukan
Keto
Carb cycling
Iifym
Intermittent fasting
Yada yada yada

Need to run it for 2 weeks and then reassess and adjust accordingly

My opinion on macros is not to get to hung up on it... With a bf of 20% its more important to concentrate on calorie counting and start winding the fat down......

I do eat a lot of meat so without checking I do have a high protein intake..... High protein will spare lean mass while in a deficit... However its more important to find a sustainable approach rather then push yourself to eat a kilo of meat every day...

Thanks, I haven't been going to the gym and I think 2500 cals could be maintenance but I haven't been doing much

I'm hoping to increase lean body mass and hopefully lose some bodyfat

Thanks for your replies

I think I need something pretty structured for maybe 3-4 weeks just so I get used to eating properly then I can start the iifym approach

Thanks, I haven't been going to the gym and I think 2500 cals could be maintenance but I haven't been doing much

I'm hoping to increase lean body mass and hopefully lose some bodyfat

Thanks for your replies

I think I need something pretty structured for maybe 3-4 weeks just so I get used to eating properly then I can start the iifym approach

i Would suggest the opposite.... Go straight to iifym... And don't go with an extreme change...

Count what you eat now daily for a week... Don't diet.... Just have what you eat normally... You will have to start weighing and working on how to accurately count your calories...

Through this process you will figure out whether you need drastic changes or minor... You will quickly see easy ways to better manage calories...

It really is just a simple case of tweaking what your eating now... This will lead to a sustainable approach that should improve success...

I think IIFYM would be best for you. Also up your protein a bit and just lower fat and carbs to keep it at 2500