• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weightlifting Standards Calculator

Based on my front squat of 105kg which I thought was the most "accurate" when predicting weightlifting for me:

Total 169
Snatch 75
Clean and Jerk 94
Power Snatch 62
Power Clean 77
Power Jerk 89
Front Squat 105
Back Squat 122
Pull 127

That's pretty accurate, my power clean is 75kg and I power snatch 50kg with the most godaweful technique. I assume the pull is a high pull? That's 110kg for a set of 3. My high bar squat keeping my body in the position needed to receive a snatch is also probably about 125 also.

Interesting. 112.5kg front squat predicts 83kg Power clean. Quite on the money of 85kg. Though both my front squat and power clean PBs are as fatigued secondary excercises and my oly technique is terrible.

Be interesting to see how the numbers pan out when I find true maxes on front squat/oly lifts and get the technique a bit better. Since I'm naturally much faster than I am strong, methinks movements like power clean should be in favour.

It's out for me. I put in my PB front squat and the power clean is a decent amount lower than I can do without really practicing it at all.

But really that's me, I am I shit squatter compared to what I can pull. For a long time I could power clean more than I could front squat.

bazza, i am same.

When i was doing olympic lifting in late 70s and early 80s, best power clean then (120kg) was same as best front squat. Best ever power clean was 155kg and doubt if i could ever front squat it.

My back strength has always easily surpassed my leg strength.

However, leg strength is crucial to success in olympic lifting in longer term.

From what I've seen, if you actually train for Olympic lifting leg strength will overtake posterior strength pretty fast. With PL you're squatting low bar and deadlifting so it skews shit somewhat. This is true with guys built to deadlift as well. Vietnamiese / Malaysians are pretty much the ultimate build for deadlifting yet you see the Olympic lifters of those countries front squatting far above the best result in the clean