• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Joe's 2013 "transformation"

jj80

Why not, let's enter this... Plan for 2013 is to get stronger overall (this will take care of any muscle development I want) and shed fat later. So........

Lifts (current/goal)
Bench: 120 / 140
Military Press: 80 / 100
Weighted Chin ups (total): 165 / 180
Incline bench (10rm): 72.5 / 100
Bicep curl: 60 / 70
1 arm row (10rm) 28.75 / 50
Squat: 100 / 200

Current weight: 110kg
Height: 194cm
Body fat%: I'd say around 25%-30%
Waist: 38 inches, Arms: 16 inches (tensed)
Goal: 95kg, 15% bfat + above lifts would be nice.

Pictures 2nd Jan 2013.:

frontrelaxed.jpg

flexfront.jpg

sideonf.jpg

frontmmp.jpg

backtensed.png

mylegsc.jpg

Here's me 8 months earlier, end of April 2012 (skinny but weak). I made a lot of progress in strength this year however I have put on a lot of weight. I was benching around 60kg for a 1rm at this point. Still, I probably looked better lol:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLPuCAItX90]Me in April - YouTube[/ame]

I might just end up trying to go for a 600kg total this year and end up a huge fat bastard which in my disturbed mind will be progress. I WILL however at some point shave my back.

Last edited:
In b4 "get a wax".

95 is an absolutely achievable goal, the accountability of this thread will also help. Will keep an eye out!

Thanks mate, the challenge for me is how to gain muscle and strength without getting fat.

And finding a workout that works for me.

The first is probably pretty straightforward - accurate calorie counting, and not doing too much of a calorie deficit. The second..... experimentation + I'm thinking of trying to get a strength coach.

I'm trying PPP at the moment which is working OK, this year I will probably also try Sheiko and a smolov routine for bench. I am hoping to compete in powerlifting if I can get my strength up to a decent level. I've also heard people rave about Lyle McDonald's routines.

Oh, and if I wax I end up covered in fucking acne. Hair removal suggestions are welcome though lol... At least maybe if Fluffy sees this thread he won't be afraid of putting up his own pics (I think he referred to himself as a wog once).

Last edited:
Hair removal suggestions are welcome though lol... At least maybe if Fluffy sees this thread he won't be afraid of putting up his own pics (I think he referred to himself as a wog once).
Veet Hair Removal Cream ;) Safe on ALL skin surfaces :D

Fluffy...? post pics...?

Last edited:
Took some photos today to see progress. Scales are showing 4-5kg loss. Not astounding but my motivation isn't 1000%

sideonfmarch.jpg

frontrelaxedmarch.jpg

flexfrontmarch.jpg

Couldn't be bothered doing all camera angles, these are enough. I might diet for another 5kg. I hate dieting.

Last edited:
I took a bunch of photos, deleted them out of embarrassment so only 1 remains for comparison but it's decent.

So here's 2013 weight loss, unfortunately very very little muscle gain aside from my back which I've made about 10% stronger. Injuries really held me back this year - but I've at least learnt how to not get them now (I think).

My biggest lessons this year were (note: I made all these as mistakes and it's the reason my progress hasn't been great)
(1) Lean bulk, do not eat like a pig
(2) If an exercise hurts, stop
(3) Will only spin your wheels gaining muscle on maintenance calories or a calorie deficit
(4) Fat is probably as important as protein in a diet
(5) Gotta lose weight gradually to maintain strength, which takes AGES, so dont eat like a pig!
(6) Keep lifting heavy during a calorie deficit, and dont make the calorie deficit too large
py3w.jpg

I'm really in need of a good bodybuilding routine, 2014 will be MAX-OT which looks pretty good to me.

Here's where I sit at the start of 2014:
vh2m.png

Thanks guys, didn't do a whole lot but at least I have a thin(ish) base and good idea where to start from in 2014.