• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CCM Quest 2013

Yes, guys, roo is quite nice. Will make it again. I'm getting used to the texture etc.

End of roo discussion or maybe start a roo appreciation thread :)

I have progress badness to deal with :(

EOM Progress Check-in 28/02/2013

Thursday 28/02/2013

I changed my macro balance around a bit as an experiment and because everyone keeps saying 'more carbs'. Indeed? :cool:
I upped my carb intake during feb for a few weeks and lowered my fat intake, mostly sticking to a P/C/F at 30/40/30 or thereabouts, sometimes with fats lower at 25. Everything else was pretty much the same.

Prior to that carbs were lower (under 100g most days).
Doing that, seems I've lost the weight I gained in January. Not a huge amount but it went fast and stayed off.
I'm still sticking to a strict low fodmap diet (but with dairy) and have not yet started any food challenges. This makes upping carbs quite challenging as most fodmap foods are carb related and even those that are OK are more easily digested in smaller quantities ...this means I've been snacking in Feb to get the total quantities each day, which is a pain in the a$$

Interesting that I've been eating at or a bit below TDEE (hard to go over without eating crap), but I actually increased kcals in Feb compared to Jan, so overall kcals did not go down.

Untitled.jpg

Will file that one away for a rainy day.

So I'm back to eating whatever I like, so long as I get kcals and protein minimums every day and enough healthy fats.

Carbs mostly at night from today again which times well with most of my workouts.

Live and learn.

Will be competing at IronEdge in April in KB Biathlon. Thinking of getting my ranking before that, if coach has time. She seems to think i have a good chance to win my class. LOL delusional much.
I'm not that keen but hey, I'm too old to be worried about a little public humiliation. She keeps pestering :p

Right now, I'm more concerned about how to increase my LBM and strength ... and don't anybody say "more carbs", OK?

Last edited:
Got my 100kg PB on deadlifts today (no belt).

If I can do that with my "skinny fat, where the hell did I misplace my muscles" bod, then maybe I can do a damn sight better if I had some more fillet steak on my hide.

Motivated more than ever to bulk up :)

Well done Miss Chill. That is a great effort. Awesome.
Celebrate with a big juicy steak :)

lol no steak ... so I had a big serve of tuna ... it's like steak, looks like steak but tastes like tuna :p

massive serve of banana icecream though after to celebrate!!

Got a bench pb yesterday too. a good week, Gripster :)

March 2013 update

I have regained ground in the weight stakes so woohoo!

Measurements taken at 8am 03 April 2013

Untitled.jpg

Current diet is working I hope.
Eating heaps of carbs without ill effects and I've got the food intolerance under control finally (after a couple of months of random ugh sick sick sick).

I haven't got much bigger so I am hoping and praying that I'm not just putting on fat, but some LBM along the way. Probably also some water from the higher carb intake.

Interdasting that I've made gains on my calves?? I don't even train calves LOL but hey, measured it twice to check :p

Definitely getting stronger this past month so hopefully that is a good sign.

Diet
I reset my TDEE at 1600kcals (rounded up) based on BW(lbs) x 15.5, down from the rather unrealistic 1800.
This seems to be about right actually. I'll adjust it upwards as progress is made (crosses fingers).
Macros I had set to the following and I've been able to stick to this really well:

Maintenance: 1600 kcals
P / C / F : 120g / 160g / 53g

Aim is to exceed on big training days and stay around maintenance on other days. But frankly, sometimes I'm hungrier on the day after deadlifts so I just basically eat up when hungry :p
Why lose the opportunity?

Will stick with this a bit longer and see how I fare in April :)

Have been taking magnesium as I'm still having some residual muscle/tendon cramping in upper quads/hips and it seems to help a bit.

Last edited:
Been sick for the last few days so haven't done my weigh in and measurements yet for end April. Hope to do tomorrow.

Since 1st May have been hitting my macros and kcals for each day like a boss, despite being sick too.

Determination in overdrive lol

Feeling better tonight but skipping KBs in favour of squats and bench tomorrow. Will make up lost ground this week but not pushing it.

Just had bad sinusitis issues (as in "OMG this might actually kill me" bad???)
and what felt like CFS???

spent a bit of time playing with chocolate and I started to revive (of course).

Back in the ring on Tuesday YEAH.

Booked my next dexa scan at last after stalling. Fatty boombada land, here I come ... 6th June is the big day

:eek:

Quick update.

Been slack with the measurements and weigh ins but I weighed in this morning at 46.1kg

Forgot to take measurements so just measured thighs tonight given that's what I've been working on especially over the last 6-8 weeks.

Seems the Quaddage Quest has yielded results!

Left & Right were 46cm and 46.5cm respectively and in those weeks have gone up to 48cm.

for me, that is an astounding leap. Coach tells me she is laughing hysterically and possibly giggling this evening.

I am both really happy with progress but also looking for the big red panic button because a voice in my head tells me it is all fat. :confused:

I know it can't be .. but hey, i need a good bf result on 6th June so I don't freak out and not enjoy whatever LBM gains i've made.

I know I've made huge progress in recent months because I can see it.
I can feel it.

Still ... the mind works in bizarre ways. The war continues ... :eek:

Will update again post DEXA.

Keep plugging away at it soldier. You are i no way fat so keep eating, a lot!!!

I am! and shockingly for my family, it's so easy now.... I have actually never eaten this much in my life. Even as a kid, I always ate like a birdy.

But hey, getting mui stronger so not complaining.

Unless my DEXA says I'm fat. Then I'm going to throw a tantrum :p:eek:

will do, Nazzy ... hard to stop once you're on a roll :D

I'm actually not seriously worried about my DEXA.
I know I've made some excellent progress in recent months.

But there is a tiny fat phobe inside that has this massive red panic button she likes to press on occasion

way too much childhood trauma :mad::eek:

End of May Progress Update

Just in case I don't get a chance between now and my DEXA next week, here's my end of May update:

Weighed in at 46.2kg this morning.

Sure it has taken me 3 months to put on 1.2kg but given that slow pace, I'm feeling a bit confident that it's not just fatty boombada LOL
Plus that is slow for most people but pretty rapid for me.

This is the heaviest I have been in over 25 years. Not an insignificant feat.

So measurements show mucho promise:

May Check in.jpg

ie I have gained on back (it's not chest), biceps, thighs and calves (wtf, i never train calves :eek:)

noticeable diff in all of these and shoulders. I have shoulders now. First time EVER.
Quads too. Small but THERE.

So all up, coach is grinning like a Cheshire Cat and good for her cos she's freaking awesome.

Plus kudos for me eating up big especially in the last month.

I have been using Layne Norton's approach:

Increase kcals by 1% per week, keeping protein about the same but increasing carbs mostly and a bit on fats.
This has made it easier for me to keep stretching the kcals and increasing my carbs.
I used to struggle with 100g of carbs per day ... now I can get to 180 without batting an eyelid.

This week at

1783kcals (my TDEE is around 1650kcals roughly)

P/C/F at 134g/201g/50g (ie 30/45/25%)

So far so good.

Wish me luck for the Dexa :eek:

Last edited: