• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CCM Quest 2013

Looking forward to seeing some good LBM gains this year Viv. No IFing allowed for you! Leave that to the competitive eaters hehe

Looking forward to seeing some good LBM gains this year Viv. No IFing allowed for you! Leave that to the competitive eaters hehe

will be giving it my best shot. I think I've got the right trainer now too. She's fantastic.

no IF until I get to fatloss mode ... gah that is the easy part :D

Perspective and motivation

Something I found today ... just posting it here so that I have it as a reference and can remember to not lose perspective and motivation this year.

Such a daunting task and patience will be a virtue I need to cultivate some more :)

602759_129840460508804_1741531527_n.jpg

good luck Viv!
though i'm sure you will nail it this year.

Man i really need to get my 2013 thread up :p

good luck Viv!
though i'm sure you will nail it this year.

Man i really need to get my 2013 thread up :p

Thanks Tim! I hope so. In a better position than at this time last year for sure so feeling much more confident. Not worried about the food side of things this year.

yes, you need to get your thread up, Timeah!

I forgot to add a couple of smaller goals in my original post.

Specific Small Goals for 2013:

1. Master a proper handstand (it's all you, left shoulder, it's all you :cool:)
  2. Master the lever, even if I can only do one
  3. Start learning muscle ups (not even pretending I will be able to actually do one though :D)

Good luck chocchilli I'm sure you will pass all your goals for this year

I hope you're right, Tregster. Thank you.

Goodluck with them muscle ups!!
In for secret of success. I'd try these if my husband lets me hang my Olympic rings under the new pergola.....

I forgot to add a couple of smaller goals in my original post.

Specific Small Goals for 2013:

1. Master a proper handstand (it's all you, left shoulder, it's all you :cool:)
  2. Master the lever, even if I can only do one
  3. Start learning muscle ups (not even pretending I will be able to actually do one though :D)

I hope you're right, Tregster. Thank you.

Check out these guys channel :) Strength Project - YouTube

Check out these guys channel :) Strength Project - YouTube

Hey Chris, yes, I've been following them for ages. They are amazing!

A combo of them and you have inspired me to keep trying .. although handstand is one of my yoga goals...plus I want to be able to do a proper handstand pushup...that will never happen but i can have fun trying :D

My weird shoulder/scap rotation shenanigans has always stopped me from being able to hold a handstand properly without my shoulders caving.

Might as well make the most of my BW strength LOL

January Progress Update

Took weight and measurements today and will do so at end of every month or thereabouts for progress comparison.

Untitled.jpg

Samba toosh birthday deadline was up on 22/01/13.
Frankly, I'm pretty happy with the glute progress. Glutes are much stronger and getting to be rock solid :)
Still a long way to go but good progress for glutes.

Still wondering what to do re body transformation. Bit worried I'll end up a fatty (albeit stronger) at some point rather than doing a lean bulk. Need to rein in my diet, which I'm trying to do ... was very hard this month with some quite bad fructan intolerance attacks.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Bit disappointed this morning. Not due to weigh myself until the end of the month but hopped on the scales out of curiosity.

Dropped down to 44.9kg :(

almost a kg down from end of Jan.
Yes, been having trouble with getting to TDEE kcals of late with the heat but had the same issue in Jan and still gained.

Going to see how i go over next two weeks. Damned ectomorph genes

Even the doc admits it's going to be hard to get the quantity of starchy carbs I need :(

Not stopping me from eating volume aside from the starchy carbs.

Suspecting liver dysfunction is partly to blame (plus stress/cortisol/adrenal stuff) so have begun taking a milk thistle supplement (with some added stuff).

Also adding lime juice to water and of course, cutting out alcohol altogether (although this is hardly my issue given my non-drinker status).

Anything to help me eat more carb dense food and get the most out of it.

I bought some kangaroo fillet yesterday. I am not a fan of red meat and never have been but hell, i'm curious :p

On the upside, training going well and my DL form is BACK :D
Got the happy dance from my coach. Still some tightness in the psoas but it's gradually improving and didn't stop me from squatting to depth on my front squats this week.

KB form is also hugely improved for jerks and snatches and I'm managing the heavier kb with confidence. Might try for my ranking in April, if it keeps up.

Last edited:
Yes, don't over cook the roo, rare is the go
Just cut it's tail off, wipe it's arse and drag it through a warm room

Good going on the form and kb's.

waxy maize in the protein shakes/fluff or add fine oatmeal

The kanga roasts are nice.

Yes, don't over cook the roo, rare is the go
Just cut it's tail off, wipe it's arse and drag it through a warm room

Hell yeah, rare Kanga is the shit.
Good on ya for giving the roo a crack Miss Chilli, hopefully ya like it and eat more.
I have been smashing the Roo Shazlicks that have just appeared in Foodland, nice bite size marinaded chunks, perfect for quick snacks while working.

Can't get anyone to like 'Roo in my household, perhaps a perception thing. Have snuck in "Kanga Banga's" from time to time though, making sure with lots of gravy so they can't pick up on it.