• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Matty's 2013 Transformation

Matty

Will update when I'm home with photos, pretty keen to see some big changes in 2013

Dexa on 07-12-12
22.2% body fat, would still be that currently
I guess I'm probly looking to half that level this year.

ze8aravu.jpg

Last edited:
First day of UD2 completed today... It was a bit of a struggle to stick to 1300 cals but I got there. I found the workout very challenging to complete, not use to high rep work! Shorter rest between sets was hard

1300 cal ! That sounds dangerously low for a big lad? I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I was under the impression going too far below your maintenance cals can cause the body to go into a starvation mode and hold on to fat stores?

1300 cal ! That sounds dangerously low for a big lad? I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I was under the impression going too far below your maintenance cals can cause the body to go into a starvation mode and hold on to fat stores?

I guess it probably can, its only for 3 days a week and its structured tho. The diet is from one of Lyle McDonalds books

I like Lyle's stuff, but 1300 cals does sound a bit extreme..

read some more updated stuff, all of the most knowledgable guys are suggesting less drastic calories defecits

Hows the strength going? Dropping or logging through?

strength hasnt been bad actually, depletion workouts destroy me. I had a fair bit of time over xmas where i wasnt training much if at all so im still building back up since then.

I like Lyle's stuff, but 1300 cals does sound a bit extreme..

read some more updated stuff, all of the most knowledgable guys are suggesting less drastic calories defecits

the 1300 is just for 3 days while depleting glycogen. i honestly dont mind it, i like having the carb load where i have 980g carbs. im gunna give 6 weeks of it a go and reassess after that. Just trying to see what works best for me, no harm in that.

Good base. I'd just count calories if I was you. I'm actually loosing more at 150+ plus carbs aday on a 2300 cal diet. Keto is good but I find it difficult to get back in the swing of things after my carb up day. It de motivates myself personally. I consider carbs gold when dieting it helps me retain more muscle and put in harder at the gym to burn more. Its like that saying you gotta spend money to make money. U gotta eat carbs to progress sometimes. Good luck mate!

Finished 4 weeks of UD2, found it pretty challenging! just in a 2 week diet break at the mo where im sticking to maintenance before starting CBL. Im down to about 85kg now

Beers, fishing and excessive eating for four days over the weekend saw my weight increase by almost 4kg. no regrets tho was an awesome weekend

Started CBL prep phase Monday, so far so good. Only going to run the prep phase for 7 days but will add in a few HIIT sessions

Ended up running the prep phase for the full 10 days and have lost 3.2kg in this time. Looking forward to getting stuck into training and smashing the carbs tonight

Good luck with CBL, you have such a solid base to work with (i.e. unlike skinny fat runts who can't decide whether to bulk or cut first) - I have to admit though, I don't know why people get so bogged down with fancy diets.

If you want to lose weight.. 1. eat your required protein, 2. eat less food when your weight loss stalls, 3. train with intensity +3x/week.

Monitor results by progress in the mirror & the scales.

Anyway good luck - I just notice that people switch diets all the time and end up not being consistent. I would rather just keep the rules simple and rely on the scales and the mirror as a guide to whether or not you're eating too much or too little.

Down to 83.8kg today, and hit an equal pb for deadlift of 180kg. pretty happy with that as I thought I would have got weaker as I got lighter.

Weight loss is slow but happy for it to stay slow and maintain/gain strength.