• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Places to live, ppl to meet Brissy

pistachio

As many of you are probably aware, I've moved to Brisbane. I still know fuck all people here and am keen to meet others and network a bit.

Also, I don't yet know where I am going to live (or even what I am going to do i.e. rent vs buy, lease, sublet etc). So I'm open to suggestions there also.

Any brissy peeps keen to meet up?

I'm in northside.
Chermside area is pretty good.

Happy to go have a steak with you mate.

Join a gym, you'll make heaps of mates straight up.

Join a gym, you'll make heaps of mates straight up.

Really ? Well in a way, guess it depends on the clientele.

Pistachio did you just think fuck Perth and pissed over to Brisbane ?

Last edited:
I guess you havent trained at my gym then......

Most of the members at my gym will be spending NYE at my place. Its the sort of gym we have created.

Everyone knows everyone.

Brad, currently staying about 10kms west of the city, looking to move closer to the city as i work in the CBD.

Sticky, sounds like a plan mate.

Re making friends at the gym, i've never really done that. I kinda just go there to train - no fucking about, no chatting, just train. Talking to people at the gym always seems like a distraction.

Currently training at Goodlife in the city just because it is convenient (and i got a free pass). Not sure what I'll do when that ends.

Ive lived in Camp Hill, Carindale, New Farm and Chermside.

I liked Camp hill the most as an area, but chermside is probably the most convenient for transport, access to highways, shopping, markets ect. Only 10min from city too.

Im well versed in the areas of brisbane.

Ive only moved back 6 weeks ago, I was over an hour north in gods country..... But the commute was annoying the hell out of me.

Gympie road during peak hour is something to avoid.

People buy homes really far north cheaply (compared to the city) but they've often bought themselves a 2 hour commute.

Pistachio did you just think fuck Perth and pissed over to Brisbane ?

Missed this.

Nah man, I moved for work. Perth is a bit boring, but the weather is great and the beaches are awesome. I would have quite happily stayed there, if there was any work for me there.

Ive lived in Camp Hill, Carindale, New Farm and Chermside.

I liked Camp hill the most as an area, but chermside is probably the most convenient for transport, access to highways, shopping, markets ect. Only 10min from city too.

From chermside? At 3am in the morning lol..

Sorry south spider here traffic on the northside shits me to tears.. it agree on cannon hill, if you have the money greenslopes and Holland park are good... I live about 20mins outta Brisbane on the highway at springwood house prices fairly reasonable.

Logan: One of the few places on Earth where the average person has more tattoos, and more children, than they do teeth...