• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick's 2013 Body Transformation

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
Ok, last year was a fizzer so lets have another go at this.

In 2013 I will seriously be looking at burning off this body fat, and getting some of these muscles out for everyone to see, also hoping to add a bit of weight to my 1RM lifts in my signature, I have deleted the lift goals and just listed my best recent lifts done within the last 12 month in my signature :)

Here they are again at the start of 2013, will see if they go up this year I think I have a bit left in my squat and dead lifts are starting to feel stronger

Bench 130kg x 1 | Squat 154.4kg x 1 | Deadlift 180.4kg x 1 | Press 74.24kg x 1

As for training I will be using a split routine for the first time, and a five day split at that :eek:

Will be hitting each muscle group only once per week, will run that for a while and see how it suits me and how it goes. It's not set in concrete so if I do not enjoy it and the gains are not there I will change it.

The aim with my workout is to be short and sweet, incorporating compound lifts and some isolation exercises along with some high rep body weight training as a 'finisher' at the end. I do not have the time to live in my gym, I train at home, usually straight after work and I need time for recovery so hopefully this will do the job I need done!

Not sure if I will run it 5 days a week with two rest days, or just have one day rest and cycle through to day one, or just keep going with no days off, will play it by ear and see how I feel at this stage, have never really run a split before so will be all new to me.

DAY 1
Squat
Seated Leg Extensions & Reverse Leg Curls
Seated Calf Raises
finisher - Incline full sit ups

DAY 2
Bend Over Barbell rows
Dead Lifts
Lat Pulldown
finisher - Chin Ups & Hyperextensions

DAY 3
Bench Press
Dumbbell Flyers
Incline Bench Press
finisher - Dips & Abs

DAY 4
Military Press
Arnold Press
Side & Front Laterals
finisher - Abs

DAY 5
Barbell Curls
Alternate Dumbbell Curls
Tricep Push Downs
Scull Crushers
finisher - Push Ups & Reverse Push Ups & Abs

THE STARTING POINT :
WEIGHT 117kg
BODY FAT 31.7%
HYDRATION 49.5%
MUSCLE MASS 30.8%
BONE DENSITY 3.0%

All those readings were obtained using a digital body fat scale, probably not 100% accurate but better than nothing!

PHOTOS:

100_8358_zpsd4f977ed.jpg

100_8360_zps4fccdc58.jpg

100_8363_zpsa67beb92.jpg

100_8361_zps977c8530.jpg

SUPPLEMENTS:

VITAMINS/FISH OIL:

AM
1 x Mens Multi, 4 x fish oil, 1 x Glucosamine

PM
1 x Mens Green, 4 x Fish Oil, 1 x Co-Enzyme Q10

I buy these in bulk when they are 50% off at Chemist Warehouse....never pay full price.

IMG_3223_zps09921c4b.jpg

WPI:

No Bull Supplements WPI, need I say more?

Usually have 1 -2 shakes a day

IMG_3230_zps920a06b7.jpg

PRE WORKOUT AND BCAA's:

I use 10 gram pre workout when ever I feel I need it (not all the time) and 15 grams of BCAA's during workout in my water bottle, I like the taste better than plain water while training.

IMG_3227_zps1e5a5fe5.jpg

CREATINE and TEST BOOST MAX:

I will be giving the test Boost Max a three month run in 2013, and well creatine was $19 a kilo so might as well take it.

Dosage is Test Booster 6 grams AM and 6 grams PM and Creatine 5 gram per day.

IMG_3228_zps3f02e497.jpg

WHERE THE MAGIC WILL HAPPEN:

Out door gym under the verandah, all the gear is Samson barbells made in Sydney Australia by Australian workers, even the weights were cast in a foundry by Australians in Rydalmere, Sydney NSW, none of this imported Chinese rubbish here:

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_3232_zpsed3a863c.jpg

IMG_3234_zps1b76b1bc.jpg

VIEW FROM THE GYM:

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking setup Big Mike, Seems as though you have everything sorted ready to go. Look forward to following your progress. Good Luck

Fat Al

Nice set up!! I like the Swisse multivitamins as well, I haven't got sick since I started taking them, so they must be working! All the best for the 2013 challenge, J

Hi Big Mick long no talk mate as usually the gym looks great with the best gear from samson.Like the new surroundings as well all the best for new year mate.

Mick where about in north west NSW do you live? Another country fella here...

About 90km north West of Moree.

Hi Big Mick long no talk mate as usually the gym looks great with the best gear from samson.Like the new surroundings as well all the best for new year mate.

Good to hear from you again, your bench is still going strong.

whats the eagle ?

Harley Davidson Crest above my Jim Beam Barrel, love JB, Harleys and Classic Aussie Fords.

Sold my Fat Boy a while back as mate of mine was killed on a ride we went on and I saw his kids at the funeral, and I could not bear my kids going through the same thing. Will get another one one of these days, after I build my big shed once I buy a property to live on.

Last edited:
Thanks Mate, pretty happy with it.

Next house will have a dedicated gym room, or shed though, training out doors can be great but also challenging on recent 40 plus degree days, and I have yet to survive a winter out here:)

Will be here for the next 3-4 years though saving some $$$, so may as well have the best set up I can while here:)

Most of the stuff was picked up cheaply through eBay and this site, some of it needs some love, but all is very solid.

First training session for 2013 tonight after work now that everything is back to routine.

Jelly of home setup!

If I had the room i'd be doing the same thing... once I get around to building a deck and such maybe I'll be able to do it..

All the best mate.

My first workout for 2013, starting my split routine, the first few weeks will be just feeling my way, not going too heavy as I want to build up slowly and injury free.

Thursday the 3rd of January 2012:

SQUAT:
60kg x 15
78kg x 10
96kg x 8
100kg x 6, 5, 5

SEATED LEG EXTENSIONS & REVERSE LEG CURLS:
One exercise straight after the other no rest.
Set 1 (18kg) 15 of each
Set 2 (18kg) 12 of each
Set 2 (18kg) 10 of each

SEATED CALF RAISES:
31kg x 12, 10, 10
40kg x 8, 8

INCLINE SIT UPS (level 3 of 5):
10, 10, 10

Did not time this workout, but I will start timing the total length of every workout from February 1 onwards which will be the start of stage 2 of my transformation, as I believe it will take me at least that long to get used to my new routine. Will also start adding some cardio again as part of stage 2 once I have this split routine thing under control.

No particular diet at the moment just eating plenty of protein, getting plenty of sleep and getting used to my new routine. Stage two will start February 1, I will start counting calories and macros, and will then start adjusting till I start dropping body fat slowly (or may be a high protein low carb keto diet, not sure yet).

Photos were taken 01-01-2013, will upload them to 'photobucket' today and add them to my OP, will also do my weigh in and some basic measurements tonight or tomorrow after work and add them in as well.

Well I am out of the starting blocks:)

Now to eat my 600gram T Bone I bough from the butchers on the way home from work (wife is away so Big Mick will eat meat:p)

Last edited:
Friday the 4th of January 2012:

BEND OVER BARBELL ROWS:
45kg x 12
54kg x 10, 8, 8

DEAD LIFTS:
99kg x 12
117kg x 8
135kg x 6, 5, 4

LAT PULLDOWN:
40kg x 12
50kg x 10, 10, 10

CHIN UPS:
1, 1, 1, 1, 1

HYPER EXTENSIONS:
20reps

Yes it's 5 x 1 rep on the chin ups, I am crap at chin ups hopefully this will change this year as well.

I doubt you would ever go through the deck, it would be the same as going through the floor of your house, unlikely unless you have a termite problem.

Saturday the 5th of January 2013:

BENCH PRESS:
57kg x 15
75kg x 12, 12
89kg x 8, 8, 8
98kg x 6, 4

FLYERS:
30lb x 12
35lb x 10
40lb x 10

INCLINE BENCH PRESS:
27kg x 20, 15, 12

INCLINE SIT UPS (level 3 of 5):
10, 10, 10

Was going to do some dips, but was stuffed, could not even do any so left it at that for now, dips will definitely be added in the future.