• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Assistance with situation and routine

mike8

Hi all, I'm relatively new to working out to a proper routine. Been doing body weight stuff and continuously refining my squat and dead lift technique. My question is this, my routine consists of a push/deadlift day on saturday and pull/squats day on monday. On thursdays i have a posture/pre-habilitation class which is quiet taxing. On this routine i am directly hitting each body part once a week. Im not trying to burst anyones bubble or anything I'm asking for some recommendation and guidance. Will hitting each bodypart once a week be optimal for my level of training experience? As the class on thursdays is taxing and becuase of this i am unable to train each group twice a week.

Push/deadlifts:
Deadlift 3 by 5
Dumbell shoulder press 3 by atm 9
Dips 3 by atm 7
Skull crushers 3 by 12

Pull/squats:
Squats 3 by atm 9
pull ups bodyweight 3 by atm 6
Inverted rows bodyweight 3 by atm 9
barbell curls 3 by atm 12

Cheers.

Its exercises which assist with posture and movement efficiency. Most of them consist of isometric contraction over the course of an hour.

From all varieties of bench? Flat, incline, decline, neck press, wide grip, narrow grip, palms in? It surprises me that you can perform dips, but not bench. At least not dumbbell?

Keep doing what you are doing, ensure your nutrition is good and if you aren't getting the results you want after 6-12 weeks.. consider re-jigging the routine to fit in at least 3 weigh sessions across the week.

Thanks for the advice Judgey and Wingman. Yeh that is what I will do. If 3 weightlifting sessions a week is too much, I will just stay at two a week and do and do full body and see how I respond.