• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

woodchopping for physical prepartion and light cardio

tasgymbrah

Iv'e always been a massive country bunkin and grew up watching my burley of old ledgend of a neighbour getting into his training (however he is an an older man an cna't go on with his hobby.

I keep thinking that this would be a great addition to my training as it is a full body exercise in not only the two man saw and the axe cutting.

You purists may seem to have a dim view on this type of training but as I see it the chest, forearms, cardio, and core, and glutes would take a hammesring from this. The double handled saw would do wonders for back strenght

I'm sure old mate would be able to let me use some of his gear, however I think I think I would have to buy a super strong, sharp, hardenned steel blade, often shqrpened for effective.

I'm a hillbilly so it wouldn;t be such as an effort to set something from all the trees around my pad,

When ever I go to his place he is sharpening his axe like a prized posesseion, honestly you can shave your arms with it.

I have a great respect for strong man whether it be wood chopping, strong man, powerlifting, or weightlifting. I'm trying to find a balance.

Peace to all the dedicated strenght athletes, you have have me greatly in my quest for strenght. It;s nice to come accross non arragent people who will either call you a newb or someone who doesn't know anything.

yeah man, when we go away hunting i always chop the wood, had a nice set up at one stage, to be able to chop like how you see in the comps, bit with hard fuck off logs hahahaha i always be buggered afterwards

would be a great thing to incorperate, just make sure you swap hands to keep it even

Hell yeah chopping wood is a great full body workout, not sure how big you would get from doing it but it certainly works the whole body if done properly and you get some fire wood at the end of it.

Alternatively you can always use a sledge hammer onto a big tyre which has the same effect.

He'd chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck would chuck wood

I chop wood pretty much every Autumn / Winter ever since child (th-thanks mum) and kept it up here as well. Destroyed a pine tree at the start of December with my chainsaw and moved the logs around etc ready for splitting when they are a bit drier

He'd chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck would chuck wood

I chop wood pretty much every Autumn / Winter ever since child (th-thanks mum) and kept it up here as well. Destroyed a pine tree at the start of December with my chainsaw and moved the logs around etc ready for splitting when they are a bit drier

Lol you dropped a pine tree with a chainsaw. Hardcore oni.

Why don't you try a hardwood next time, might actually have some weight to it and might be good to use an axe. I don't think pulling the starter on your chainsaw qualifies as a workout.

I enjoyed some good woodchopping about 12 months ago. Definitely does it's job as a workout, although you do tend to favour one side over the other when doing it, so there's some potential issues there. There's also the thing about wounding yourself, but that risk is half of what makes it fun. The other half is the guarantee of wounding something else.

Why don't you try a hardwood next time, might actually have some weight to it and might be good to use an axe. I don't think pulling the starter on your chainsaw qualifies as a workout.

cmon now, if he doesnt get it first go he would have to pull the cord twice....

Oddly enough I didn't do it to be hardcore, I did it because it was in the fucking way

Ox-Head_Champion_Chopping_Axe_OX-440-H-2708.jpg

29102888.jpg

e42642c7-8328-4d88-b190-3b42ae079638.jpg