• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Homemade Rack Mounted Wrist Rollers (pics)

Peterpack

If you have a power rack with safety bars , these are great. So cheap and easy to make and a genuinely great forearm workout, not to mention lots of fun. I believe exercise variety is more important for the mind than the body so you don't get bored.

I made three wrist rollers , each different diameter, the largest being a 90cm retic pipe.

Yes that is pink and white cord. It was the perfect cord for the job and didn't come in any other color, lol. It's rated for 400 kg

I used these two articles as a guide to make them

How to Make a Rack-Mounted Wrist Roller | Straight to the Bar

and

RossTraining.com Blog

I can vouch for these. I made one today but with a old standard bar instead of the safety rail so it can be mounted inside the rack. Exact same set up and principle just doesn't get any interference from the bottom sections of the rack.

Also used skateboard grip table as an aid. I want this for a forearm tool not grip strength, sweaty palms render it useless I could "lift" and extra 30% with the tape in place. Great for filing callouses ;)

2013 year of the forearms, calves and abs. All the stuff I've not touched the last 3 years haha!

Last edited:
hey mate, after reading your post, i decided to give that a go, putting my roller through a barbell on the rack. I found the knurling on the barbell was grinding into the inner side of the PVC pipe. Do you have this problem or does your barbell not have any knurling ?

anyway for this reason, i've gone back to using the safety bars

Ah I should be more clear. I used a standard bar that has "collars" that sit inside the rack. I cut the pipe so it runs on the collars not the knurling. You couldn't use an oly barbell.