• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nolva or Armi to prevent gyno

Aussiefireman

Hi all,
I'm new to the forums I've been reading for ages but I'm looking for some advice. I'm on my second cycle of Sust250 I'm stacking with AHD and Testagen, I'm seeing some decent gains on 1ml a week however for the first time my nipples are starting to feel a little sensitive and I'm concerned it may be the onset of gyno or related. They don't itch or anything they're just a little sensitive no visible changes and they dont feel all the time. I have never used armidex or nolva from what I hear armidex is the way to go whilst on cycle and nolva for pct?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

We’re dealing with two different drugs here.

1. Nolvadex is a SERM, which stands for Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator. Please note the word selective here. Nolvadex specific target is the breast tissue, that’s where it works to directly block the Estrogen receptors there from receiving Estrogen and hypertrophying. Nolvadex does nothing to bring your level of Estrogen down ok. So whatever side effects you may get from an excessive amount of Estrogen floating in your blood stream, Nolvadex would have nothing to do with that, hence edema (bloating) and/or hypertension (high blood pressure) would remain there. However gynaecomastia (bitch tits) would not develop, and I think that was your main concern wasn’t it Sir!

2. Arimidex on the other hand, is an AI, that is it’s an aromatase inhibitor, an anti-aromatase if you will, which job is to block the aromatase enzyme that works to convert Testosterone into Estrogen. In plain English, that means Arimidex brings the whole body’s concentration of Estrogen down (no specific targeting sites here like Nolvadex remember) and prevent estrogenic side effects like bloating etc. from taking place.

Now that you're armed with some facts, you may be in a better position to make an educated choice between these two drugs.

I’ll leave it here and give someone else a chance to express their views.

Fadi.

Last edited:
We’re dealing with two different drugs here.

1. Nolvadex is a SERM, which stands for Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator. Please note the word selective here. Nolvadex specific target is the breast tissue, that’s where it works to directly block the Estrogen receptors there from receiving Estrogen and hypertrophying. Nolvadex does nothing to bring your level of Estrogen down ok. So whatever side effects you may get from an excessive amount of Estrogen floating in your blood stream, Nolvadex would have nothing to do with that, hence edema (bloating) and/or hypertension (high blood pressure) would remain there. However gynaecomastia (bitch tits) would not develop, and I think that was your main concern wasn’t it Sir!

2. Arimidex on the other hand, is an AI, that is it’s an anti-aromatase, which job is to block the aromatase enzyme that works to convert Testosterone into Estrogen. In plain English, that means Arimidex brings the whole body’s concentration of Estrogen down (no specific targeting sites here like Nolvadex remember) and prevent estrogenic side effects like bloating etc. to take place.

Now that you're armed with some facts, you may be in a better position to make an educated choice between these two drugs.

I’ll leave it here and give someone else a chance to express their views.

Fadi.

Thanks for the write up mate, lots of useful information. I think I will go with the armidex.. Seems like the overall winner, do you know of any good sites where it's available? I have bought online before however I think the package I received was definitely a dud.

I thought letroz was for if you already have gyno?
As far as reversing gynaecomastia once it has developed, and I’m not talking about a lump that comes and goes here, but some developed fatty tissue underneath/around the nipple area, Femara (letrozole) you would need to know is a hit and miss state of affair. A sure fire way of reversing an existing condition of gynaecomastia would be through surgery.

Ok, so let’s assume you’re not willing to go down surgery lane, and let’s also pretend for a moment that you’ve been advised /encouraged by someone to go down letrozole and/or anastrozole lanes to reverse your gynaecomastia condition. My suggestion to you would be don’t! Femara and Arimidex are not your 1st or even 2nd generation aromatase inhibitors, but a very powerful 3rd generation AI, where up to 98% aromatase inhibition in humans was caused by these drugs.

There’s a better, safer, saner, and (to my mind) a more logical way to get the job done.

Remember in my first post how I emphasised the word selective, well what do you know, we’re back to it! There’s no doubt in the world that Arimidex and Femara are two extremely powerful and effective drugs, but their effectiveness in not specific but rather overall.

So you want specific! Ok, here it is: Nolvadex (Tamoxifen). A study to prove my point? Here you go:http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/120858-overview

Fadi.

Last edited:
I thought letroz was for if you already have gyno?

Yes it can be used for that, but many people also use Letro as a general AI whilst on cycle or simply to reduce Estrogen at any time including off cycle.

Yes Letro is over-kill in many cases, but there is a device called a tablet splitter which allows a human being to cut tablets into halves and quaters, thus reducing the overall AI effect of the Letro.

Yes it can be used for that, but many people also use Letro as a general AI whilst on cycle or simply to reduce Estrogen at any time including off cycle.

Yes Letro is over-kill in many cases, but there is a device called a tablet splitter which allows a human being to cut tablets into halves and quaters, thus reducing the overall AI effect of the Letro.

This seems to be the growing trend... I have looked into getting liquidex, have you heard much about this? Im just concerned about its legitimacy, I want something that works. I just want to prevent the onset, hopefully this works.

This seems to be the growing trend... I have looked into getting liquidex, have you heard much about this? Im just concerned about its legitimacy, I want something that works. I just want to prevent the onset, hopefully this works.

Yes liquidex is fine, its just the AI suspended in a fluid. I prefer tabs cause they are more convenient and the tabs i use are manufactured in a pharmacuetical factory, but each to their own;)

If all you want is to prevent the onset then Letro will be over-kill in most cases and you could just use Dex or maybe even Nolva will do the job for you.

Is there some reason why your so worried about the onset? have you had prior problems in the past with this?

Last edited:
Yes liquidex is fine, its just the AI suspended in a fluid. I prefer tabs cause they are more convenient and the tabs i use are manufactured in a pharmacuetical factory, but each to their own;)

If all you want is to prevent the onset then Letro will be over-kill in most cases and you could just use Dex or maybe even Nolva will do the job for you.

Is there some reason why your so worried about the onset? have you had prior problems in the past with this?
I prefer tabs myself when it comes to this sorta thing however I could only find liquidex (liquid adex) from a USA supplier which had reputable feedback from forums (RUI).
Im using Sus250 and on my second shot in the 2nd cycle and I'm definately feeling some sensation in my pecks at the moment which has got me worried. I havent noticed lumps and they havent been itchy but id prefer to be taking Adex to keep oestrogen levels down.

I prefer tabs myself when it comes to this sorta thing however I could only find liquidex (liquid adex) from a USA supplier which had reputable feedback from forums (RUI).
Im using Sus250 and on my second shot in the 2nd cycle and I'm definately feeling some sensation in my pecks at the moment which has got me worried. I havent noticed lumps and they havent been itchy but id prefer to be taking Adex to keep oestrogen levels down.

That liquid is good stuff from what i've heard.

Maybe try a small dose of dex and see how you go, something like say 0.5mg eod. Just keep in mind if you use to much dex it will definitely hinder gains as it will crush estrogen too low. Estrogen is a major player when it comes to muscle growth, especially in the early stages of beginner cycles. With pro cycles estrogen doesn't matter as much because the doses are much much higher and testosterone will build muscle no matter what.................estrogen just really rapidly speeds up muscle growth via GH/igf and slin pathways.