• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bench proper form

Leg drive is tricky. The Japanese lifters take their feet back as far as they can and hold the stance rock hard throughout the lift. The militia way- and I think Vinny Dizenzo is the king of this- is to set up hard but drive legs down 80%. The idea is not to push straight down through your feet, but push toward uprights- this will push your chest up more and should help you keep your butt down. As you press you give 100% leg drive. Timing is crucial. If you get it right it will feel like you pop it off your chest. Watch a video of Dizenzo lifting raw.

Set up is hard and takes practice. Burns has taken lifters through a session and added 10-20kg to their bench in a single session. It's even more important with equipped lifting. I use a similar set up to the Japanese after using the militia setup for a couple of years. I always struggled with the leg drive like Dizenzo.

I've done it right once I think and it was awesome but I've not managed to replicate it since
When you say push towards the uprights, that's essentially trying to force your toes through the front of your shoes?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a_ZT6MnmtQ]590 Raw Bench Press, Vincent Dizenzo - YouTube[/ame]

LexingtonLanePlummer 1 week ago
That's nice, but what do you squat?

Vincent Dizenzo 5 days ago
I have squatted 750, I have pulled 800 lbs with a trap bar, I have strict pressed 405 overhead. I have two ruptured discs in my back and that is why I don't do full meets anymore. How much you you squat, bench, deadlift, and overhead?

haha, I love the internet