• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why

I think I had scoliosis from one tight hip due to cycling
Cycling is the destroyer of posture

Any recommended therapies to loosen up those hips Oni?

Depends if its flexors or extensors... Flexors lunges are amazing. I wouldnt touch extensors though especially hamstrings. Its the hamstring that give you tension an stability in the squat and deadlift. They need to be loose enough to get you into position but no more! Ive competed in a few sports over the years and cant say how many time ive seen people get tight hammies stretch then then blow a knee because they didnt have the tension anymore. My hamstringsare too tight to break parallel in the squat so i open my groin more and drop right in fine

Depends if its flexors or extensors... Flexors lunges are amazing. I wouldnt touch extensors though especially hamstrings. Its the hamstring that give you tension an stability in the squat and deadlift. They need to be loose enough to get you into position but no more! Ive competed in a few sports over the years and cant say how many time ive seen people get tight hammies stretch then then blow a knee because they didnt have the tension anymore. My hamstringsare too tight to break parallel in the squat so i open my groin more and drop right in fine

Cool as. Regarding hamstrings I watched a doco with dimitry klokov and aakaev. As a narrator was talking there in the background was klokov stretching out. He had his right leg up against the wall at ahoulder height and was easily flossing his torso towards and past his leg. Interesting observation

Cool as. Regarding hamstrings I watched a doco with dimitry klokov and aakaev. As a narrator was talking there in the background was klokov stretching out. He had his right leg up against the wall at ahoulder height and was easily flossing his torso towards and past his leg. Interesting observation

Weightlifting is different to powerlifting as you need to squat much lower so need the mibility. Powerlifting you need enough mobility to break depth then a shitload of hamstring tightness to stop you in the hole then rocket out. Think eric lilliebridge

Weightlifting is different to powerlifting as you need to squat much lower so need the mibility. Powerlifting you need enough mobility to break depth then a shitload of hamstring tightness to stop you in the hole then rocket out. Think eric lilliebridge

I get u. I've never seen Eric stretch but maybe ill ask him to post us a demo. During training at my gym we encourage goin past parallel in the squats. This requires more dexterity. Wats ur solution there?

I get u. I've never seen Eric stretch but maybe ill ask him to post us a demo. During training at my gym we encourage goin past parallel in the squats. This requires more dexterity. Wats ur solution there?
this is ok so long as the lifter has grasped the concept of tightness and bounced off their hamstrings and not their knee joints.

My post was made with going past parallel in mind lol. Normally you can tinker with a few things to hit depth. Injury happens when you stretch something then load it through a range of motion that hasnt been strengthened yet

haha yeah I've heard rumours of it from other people as well
someone somewhere must have saved it

If you can find the guys forum there was a meet video on tbere like 2ish years ago.... Or go on sherdog, there was another thread on this guy there....or t-nation, one of the two.

all that matters is the weight man
It's all gone to shit

[ame="http://youtu.be/fGsr7EOMZHU"]bench session July 24 - YouTube[/ame]

How the fuck do you only get 50kg out of a super katana also? xD
250lb raw touch and go to 365lb single ply

Callan didn't you get like 190kg when you were benching around 90-95 raw? How the fuck is it possible to suck that much? The kid had a decent level of strength raw and he just ruined him lmao

"He trains in a shirt to bring up his raw bench"

Last edited:
Depends on the size, how much you jack the shirt, twist the arms etc etc

Dave Hoff can touch 700lb in a shirt he's benched 900(?) by manipulating it.

I know Sherro got 130-140kg out of his Ace briefs the first time he wore them (230ish wrapped to 365 in briefs).

Reading around a few PL forums it seems even the guys who know him think he's an arse, and he's been kicked out of a few gyms for being a tard