• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone up for a comp to keep up motivation

..no reason really, was pretty much aimed at lifters just doing their own thing at home and imagined that not many would use wraps.

If wraps and belts are involvedmay as well go the whole hog and make it multi ply amirite callan

I think it would be simple and fair to just make sure that your score at the end of the year is done with the same gear as the start of the year. E.g it doesn't seem in the spirit of the game to get the opening numbers raw raw, but finish up the year with wraps & belt.

Exactly, as long as your in the same gear, thats all that really matters

Unequipped 265 squat, 157.5kg bench, 302 deadlift at 89.9

Exactly, as long as your in the same gear, thats all that really matters

Unequipped 265 squat, 157.5kg bench, 302 deadlift at 89.9

Can we get those monthly challenges back up again also?
I don't really care about prizes it's just good fun

I dropped the ball big time with those as it was when I was going to worlds.....

If anybody wants monthly ones, Im happy to post them up.

I think it would be simple and fair to just make sure that your score at the end of the year is done with the same gear as the start of the year. E.g it doesn't seem in the spirit of the game to get the opening numbers raw raw, but finish up the year with wraps & belt.

Yeah, good idea. Change of rules, whatever gear you post your total in at the start, must stay the same at the end.

Haha, would be alright if this was for 2012, even though I fucked around for like half of it and didn't lift at all, lol. Still managed to add a good amount of weight to all three.

I guess my "newbie gains" are going to falter pretty soon, so I don't know how much to expect for '13. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try my hardest though - I am.

Might be tricky for me to actual test for 1RM, is the other thing. No spotter I could count on, and no power rack/cage sort of equipment at all. Well, there's a guy who is sometimes at the gym I go to, and he's a stronger bencher than me, so I ask him for the occasional spot, but it's more the squat I'm a bit dubious about - haven't missed one yet, so I don't know how I'd cope there.

Uh, rambling a bit, I know. :D Just dunno if I'm set up for this kind of comp... :confused:

Well if I can , I'd like to, anyway. :)

The gym doesnt have a rack? How do you get the bar on your back for a squat? Dumping it off your back is safe (if you need to bail).

No "power rack" or whatever they're called, with pins and all that (never seen one in the flesh, lol). There's a kind of rack/stand(?) thing, that you take the bar off and put it back on, for squats or OHP, things like that. But there's really no safety, without a spotter and/or that sort of setup, if I understand correctly.

If wraps and belts are involvedmay as well go the whole hog and make it multi ply amirite callan
yeah, but gear must be the same at start to finish

so because i plan to start lifting equipped ill only submit my raw comp total

1. start comp raw
2. black magic
3. finish equipped
4. profit?