• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommended Readings

Disco Duck

I like to read a few pieces here and there when I get a spare moment. Can anyone recommend any sites that post good info regularly (aimed towards an intelligent but fairly new lifter)?
Kinda like the equivalent of picking up a Men's Health or similar magazine, only not shit...

I like to read a few pieces here and there when I get a spare moment. Can anyone recommend any sites that post good info regularly (aimed towards an intelligent but fairly new lifter)?
Kinda like the equivalent of picking up a Men's Health or similar magazine, only not shit...

Pm your email and I can send you some ebooks if you want.

On the web try these, not all geared towards noobs but plenty of good info there -

Starting Strength
ChAoS & PAIN
LIFT-RUN-BANG
Powerlifting Heads-Up Free Powerlifting Calculators Videos Routines older site but really good info there
Training Resources
JimWendler.com - Jim Wendler's Homepage

Last edited:
T NATION | The Intelligent and Relentless Pursuit of Muscle

Has a variety of authors writing about topics ranging from Contest Prep to Philosophies of an Alpha Male.

Elite FTS | Educating & Outfitting The Strongest Athletes in the World

Focused more on strength and athletes but the occasional diet/nutritional advice.

Robertson Training Systems | High Octane Corrective Exercise & Performance Enhancement

JimWendler.com - Jim Wendler's Homepage

And two authors who are both pretty awesome in their fields.

What sort of ebooks you got Fluff?

Mostly PL stuff, nearly all of it emailed to me by members of this forum. Getting Total Recall as a xmas present really looking forward to reading that.

Thankyou forum peeps you know who you are.

Some bits and pieces from the bay.

ELSAHEFA-10879-1.gif

Have a look at Tuchsherer's stuff on the reactive training systems website- he is a really clued up dude

What a diabolical thread for me to discover - I'm a total knowledge whore!
Now if only I could translate my knowledge base into action, but that's a different thread I fear.
Back on track - more knowledge!

Please.

Science and Practice of Strength Training
Supertraining

Everything you need is in these two books, it contains everything, literally everything. Everything that people write about is in here somewhere

I second the vote for science and practice of strength training- read that then read Sheiko's book if you want to understand why sheiko templates are so effective.

Thanks for all the tips team. Seems plenty of options of there.
And perhaps a trip the bay is in order... aarrrrgh...

Thanks for all the tips team. Seems plenty of options of there.
And perhaps a trip the bay is in order... aarrrrgh...

AArrrgh, but the Bay she be a bit light on the booty but still worthy of a visit for desperate bilge rats such as us ;)

TYVM to all for the leads, now for a comfy position on the couch with book (reader) in hand.

Supertraining

Everything you need is in these two books, it contains everything, literally everything. Everything that people write about is in here somewhere

Are these ebooks? I wouldn't mind reading them

Supertraining

are they the best you've read Poni?

Might give em a crack, located them myself.

Other than PHAT and Jim Wendler 531 for BB is there anything else in that Strength and BB area that anyone knows of pls?

are they the best you've read Poni?

Might give em a crack, located them myself.

Other than PHAT and Jim Wendler 531 for BB is there anything else in that Strength and BB area that anyone knows of pls?

They are both very good books, ebooks can be found on the Bay from memory. The hard copys set me back about $60 each.

The WS4SB series (Westside 4 Skinny Bastards) by Joe Defranco is available on the web for free.

The EliteFTS Bench Press Manual is a good read.

And on a sort of related note The SMR Manual by Mike Robertson is good for anyone wanting to know more about foam rolling etc.

Some more good authors in the strength/BB world are Dan John, Eric Cressey, Bret Contreras, Andy Bolton, Nate Miyaki, Ben Bruno, Shelby Starnes, Martin Rooney and John Meadows.