• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just about to buy a new powerlifting belt?

If you find you need different prong holes when shifting between squat and deadlift, don't buy a lever belt. If you use the same holes all the time, a lever belt would be ideal.

The 13mm ones are lifetime investments. I use a single prong for exactly the reasons given above. I wear my belt tighter on squat than deadlift.

I've never actually owned a belt or trained with one properly before. But since im not using any powerlifting equipment, surely I would use the same size? Are 13mm belts legal in comps here in oz?

Last edited:
I started with a cheap second hand belt and the first time I ever used it was on a 4th lift in competition after that it was when going for PB. Now after 80% of my 1RM.

If you are a beginner, avoid the belt.

Yeah I'm similar but maybe I'm weak- I go to 75% belt less. Then I add belt. I agree you don't want to become super reliant on a belt- but once the loading comes your will help you under heavy loads. The thing with a belt is you don't want it as right as possible- I certainly don't do that. I don't like a tight belt for deadlifting- it messes up my starting position. Best belts I have seen are the Safe USA belts which are now made by Titan.

Same here spritcha, a tight belt puts my deadlift out. My middle is very small/short and a Titan Toro just doesn't allow me into position. I use my second hand belt for Deadlifts but lever for squats.

I have a lever belt for squatting, and a single prong for deadlifting. For my next belt I'll probably get my brother to get me an Inzer Forever belt from the US.

I know it's not from Australia but I just got a 13mm Inzer Forever Lever from HOP for Xmas. Used it 3 or 4 times and it's nothing short of amazing.

I work up to around 70-80% without it then use it for anything heavier. Does wonders for my weak ass herniated back.