• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sydking

See below

low-carb-infographic.png

Old news, this has been well know and documented since the mid 70's, but for some reason governments and other agencies have been fighting it ever since:confused::confused:

Our bodies mostly are not equipped to deal with processed carbs and excessive carbs.

Nothing new really, this information has been around for a while and won't suprise anyone on this forum. A few things to mention:

- its very hard to maintain 20-50 grams of carbs per day, especially long term and especially for the average obese person.
- no mention of building muscle to reduce fat levels and change your BMR. You can lose weight, but if you lose muscle your BMR will lower, meaning you have to eat less food. To lose weight you should gain muscle.

I agree somewhat Bazza, but my body hates carbohydrates. Regardless of whether they fit into my calories or not, my weight loss slows or stops entirely, I feel bloated as fuck & so much more tired during the day. Processed carbs spike insulin levels & they definitely do that in my body.

Everyones different I guess. Pretty much the only carbs that do agree with me & my digestive system on a regular basis, is rice.

God bless basmati :p

Otherwise its all meat (red & white), vegetables, fruits, a little dairy & wine (red or white) lol

I agree somewhat Bazza, but my body hates carbohydrates. Regardless of whether they fit into my calories or not, my weight loss slows or stops entirely, I feel bloated as fuck & so much more tired during the day. Processed carbs spike insulin levels & they definitely do that in my body.

Everyones different I guess. Pretty much the only carbs that do agree with me & my digestive system on a regular basis, is rice.

God bless basmati :p

Otherwise its all meat (red & white), vegetables, fruits, a little dairy & wine (red or white) lol

Excess anything is bad. Your excess for carbs might just have a lower cut off than other people. Doesn't make carbs bad.

Processed carbs spike insulin, so do unprocessed carbs, even protein can spike insulin. Unless you are diabetic you body is designed to handle it.

Unless you are diabetic you body is designed to handle it.

You body is actually NOT designed to handle it, in most cases it deals with it as best as it can, you body is not designed to handle any processed and refined carbs.

At the end of the day we are an animal, and if it has not come directly from an animal or grows on a tree we are really not supposed to eat it. Where in our evolution do grains, refined sugar, bread, pasta etc etc come into out our diet??

I have a lower cut off than everybody else :(

I am flawed. Its true. But my body still hates carbs. And I'm not talking excess calories, I'm talking within my fat loss calories. In fact, I think its fair to say, my body hates carbs as much as it hates benching lol

You body is actually NOT designed to handle it, in most cases it deals with it as best as it can, you body is not designed to handle any processed and refined carbs.

At the end of the day we are an animal, and if it has not come directly from an animal or grows on a tree we are really not supposed to eat it. Where in our evolution do grains, refined sugar, bread, pasta etc etc come into out our diet??

Mick if you do a blood glucose test for diabetes you drink 100g of straight sugar. If you blood sugar goes above a set level you have diabetes because your body cannot handle it. Normal people will stay in the normal range.

You are falling for the naturalistic fallacy. Anything natural must be good and unnatural bad. Not true. If it was true i hope you don't have protein powder, multi vitamins, fish oil, olive oil from a bottle ect. None of them are close to a natural state.

Apparently there is evidence of grains being a staple in certain human diets over 100 thousand years ago. Unless you are gluten intolerant grains are fine.

Love this thread.

Years ago my wife was diagnosed with ceoliac disease, so we dont eat processed carbs and shit like that at home. Over a year ago she went sugar free.

Shes so into nutrition now, shes studying nutritional medicine next year which is great.

My current diet is so simple and im shredding fat, with no strength loss.

No crap carbs, no sugar, fruit in morning only, pref berries. Thats it. I realise its impossible to completely cut out, but I try to if I can now. My energy levels have never been better, I never have energy deprived gym sessions anymore and my body fat % is dropping.

Sugar, processed foods and crap carbs cause disease, simple as that. As someone said, we are not capable of properly processing these foods, they actually destroy our gut, and our gut is the center of our bodies immune system. I read somewhere, it takes about 200,000 years to evolve to a change like this, so I hope your not waiting around for that bowl of pasta.

Love this thread.

Years ago my wife was diagnosed with ceoliac disease, so we dont eat processed carbs and shit like that at home. Over a year ago she went sugar free.

Shes so into nutrition now, shes studying nutritional medicine next year which is great.

My current diet is so simple and im shredding fat, with no strength loss.

No crap carbs, no sugar, fruit in morning only, pref berries. Thats it. I realise its impossible to completely cut out, but I try to if I can now. My energy levels have never been better, I never have energy deprived gym sessions anymore and my body fat % is dropping.

Sugar, processed foods and crap carbs cause disease, simple as that. As someone said, we are not capable of properly processing these foods, they actually destroy our gut, and our gut is the center of our bodies immune system. I read somewhere, it takes about 200,000 years to evolve to a change like this, so I hope your not waiting around for that bowl of pasta.

This is a fantastic story, thank you and bloody well done to both.

Sugar, processed foods and crap carbs cause disease, simple as that. As someone said, we are not capable of properly processing these foods, they actually destroy our gut, and our gut is the center of our bodies immune system.

Lol. Prove it. That is the biggest load of shit i have read for a while. We are perfectly capable of processing grains and other carbs.

I like how you said you don't eat sugar then right away said you have fruit. What do you think is in fruit.

I thought I was a rude bastard but you bazza20, not only are you disrespectful of members but the stuff you go on about is utter churlish.

Bazza, you can do what you like, I've scene enough and my wife has shown me enough information to make my own decision.

Also, you'll only find proof backed up by experiment if there's a profit to be made. No profit in healthy humans and natural pro active medicine. But you'll find a pill to fix most things.

I did say I couldn't completely rid of some things, yes there's fruit in sugar, although the berries contain the least, and I only eat them in the morning.

I'm just telling my story, you can live you life how you like.

Bazza, you can do what you like, I've scene enough and my wife has shown me enough information to make my own decision.

Also, you'll only find proof backed up by experiment if there's a profit to be made. No profit in healthy humans and natural pro active medicine. But you'll find a pill to fix most things.

I did say I couldn't completely rid of some things, yes there's fruit in sugar, although the berries contain the least, and I only eat them in the morning.

I'm just telling my story, you can live you life how you like.

You said your wife has celiacs disease. What she needs to eat doesn't really apply to normal people. Some people are allergic to nuts doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't eat nuts.

Lol. Please don't go on about conspiracy theories about big pharma wanting people sick and all that shit. We live longer now than than ever. Natural medicine, lol ok are they so nice they are not making a profit. People selling natural medicines are trying to make money just like the others.

So what fruit sugar is magically fine but other sugar isnt. Carbs only in morning. Another myth.