• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2013 comp?

lol

You might find more people would compete if it came down to a vote by their peers at the end, as opposed to a totalitarian reign :cool:

Everyones biased or prejudiced GROAR, you're not exempt. You're still human.

My point is that it won't be judged by their peers.
Ok I enter and I will recruit all my workmates and family and their friends to become members just so they can vote for me. it'll turn out like Big brother..LOL
I will also PM members to try to get their vote by paypal'ing them $10.00.

get my point?

lol

You might find more people would compete if it came down to a vote by their peers at the end, as opposed to a totalitarian reign :cool:

Everyones biased or prejudiced GROAR, you're not exempt. You're still human.

Exactly right.

Everyone is biased, thinking you are not probably makes you even more biased.

Make it votes by people with 100+, 500+ or whatever number of posts to stop people getting family and friends to sign up just for the poll.

you could have 7 or 8 judges, ranking each member from a scale of 1 to 10, with the highest and lowest scores being void, like the olympics.

Can't wait to see this years "After" photos, compared to the 2013 "before" photos.

if you know what I mean

Exactly right.

Everyone is biased, thinking you are not probably makes you even more biased.

Make it votes by people with 100+, 500+ or whatever number of posts to stop people getting family and friends to sign up just for the poll.
So all the postwhore's get a vote and the more experienced guys who post less frequently don't.

Think before writing.

Last edited:
So all the postwhore's get a vote and the more experienced guys who post less frequently don't.

Bazza, you (again) argue for the sake of it.
Think before writing shit.

It was just an idea mate.

Lol. Me think before writing shit. I did see you say you are not biased. Good bit of shit talk right there.

A vote will be better than just a mods opinion.

I doubt anyone would recruit people to join & vote for them, you're being a bit dramatic? Its an online bit of fun??? Meant to motivate people & spurr them on to do their best?? Pretty sure most of this years contenders have had little to no change & some have even gone backwards?

There's not $250,000 at stake here? Its all in fun, meant to motivate, inspire & push people. As well as seeking contenders commitment & expecting consistency? A competition is not a competition, when everyone has fallen off the wagon.

We need to encite a bit of excitement around this? Give forum members who aren't competing a buy-in & a reason to give a shit? To spurr others on? A vote is a powerful thing.

Let ausbb decide. Thats all I'm saying. And if someone gets 300 votes, all from newbies...well it aint that hard to work out? lol

Anyway, whatever. I just feel like it should be a members vote. A democracy. A decision made by the members who post here or read here or lurk here. Thats all.

I doubt anyone would recruit people to join & vote for them, you're being a bit dramatic? Its an online bit of fun??? Meant to motivate people & spurr them on to do their best?? Pretty sure most of this years contenders have had little to no change & some have even gone backwards?

There's not $250,000 at stake here? Its all in fun, meant to motivate, inspire & push people. As well as seeking contenders commitment & expecting consistency? A competition is not a competition, when everyone has fallen off the wagon.

We need to encite a bit of excitement around this? Give forum members who aren't competing a buy-in & a reason to give a shit? To spurr others on? A vote is a powerful thing.

Let ausbb decide. Thats all I'm saying. And if someone gets 300 votes, all from newbies...well it aint that hard to work out? lol

Anyway, whatever. I just feel like it should be a members vote. A democracy. A decision made by the members who post here or read here or lurk here. Thats all.
You'd be surprised at what lengths people will go to win, after all there is over $1000 of gear for winning. Recruiting a few members is easy.

Make it so only people in the comp can vote? or only 'contributing members' can.

Or some sort of scaling system. each person get 3 votes, first, second third, worth 3,2,1 points or something.

Makes one votes less powerful. May get rid of some bias.

Put the selection of judges to a poll, I suggest mods+ the following-

Dark
Baz
Goose
Cat spew
Anyother long termer not entering

Also allow sponsors to cast a vote.

Groar you are about as impartial as a lynch mob.

Personally I think public voting contest would pretty easily turn into a popularity contest. I check Ausbb several times a day for the last few years but I'm a reader not a poster and I'm sure there are a lot of others like me.

If everyone is happy with the judges I think it's the fairest way.

But getting everyone more involved and motivated is what it's all about so if public voting does that without making it overly complicated then I'm all for it. It was a bit of a shame that a lot of the motivation and banter died off this year.

Can't wait to see this years "After" photos, compared to the 2013 "before" photos.

if you know what I mean
I suspect my 2013 before photos will be about the same, or even better body composition than my 2012 after photos, because it'll be hard to eat sensibly leadingup to my final photos on Christmas Eve, and I want to compete on PL on 20 Jan in the 66kg weight class (currently 67-67.5kg, so that's realistic enough if I don't spend the first couple weeks after Christmas on a KFC and pizza diet). But if that weren't the case, I'd certainly be tempted to be a glutton for 2 weeks and see where it gets me.