• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Public servant wins legal battle after being injured during sex

There was a huge outrage over his workers comp changes, your provisional payments (if you are off work) get cut after 13 weeks. If you work overtime and are injured, you used to get paid the average wage you were getting paid, now there is no penalties added. You just get base rate no penalties.

There was a huge outrage over his workers comp changes, your provisional payments (if you are off work) get cut after 13 weeks. If you work overtime and are injured, you used to get paid the average wage you were getting paid, now there is no penalties added. You just get base rate no penalties.

How the fuck did I miss that:confused::confused:

Must have been while I was in the process of moving and selling my house and everything else I was stressed over, completely missed this:mad:

That sucks the big one:cool:

I used to have 18 workers comp cases, I now have none. Why? These people were getting paid money above there award wage because their 26 week average gave them additional wages (ie they were called in for shifts and only contracted for 10hrs), Barry scrapped this and the additional wages so overnight they had their wage cut almost in half.

Here is a list of the main changes made by O’Farrell:

Removed workers compensation coverage for trips to and from work
Reduced weekly payments to injured workers
Stopped weekly payments for most injured workers after 2 ½ years
Capped medical payments for injured workers
Heart attacks and strokes are no longer covered
Stopped partners of those killed at work from claiming for nervous shock
Stopped lump sum payments for pain and suffering
Lumped workers with the legal costs of pursuing a claim.

Driving drunk is against the law, and no insurance will cover you while you are breaking the law, this woman was having a root, she was doing nothing illegal, and she was there as she got sent there by work, if she was at home fucking in her own bed she would be fine.

But if your car is insured and it gets damaged while you have a root or you drive it it's covered, thats what you pay insurance for.

My point Mick is that negligence should play a part in her claim, I'm not criticizing her for having sex but she caused what happened to her.

And I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to root and drive :D

My point Mick is that negligence should play a part in her claim, I'm not criticizing her for having sex but she caused what happened to her.

And I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to root and drive :D

Agree.

If she went to the toilet and hurt her back while wiping her arse, she would claim that as Workers comp. And that was the stupid law.

Aren't you on a farm?

Yep. Family business, lots of debt and various other problems mean negative cashflow. I stopped drawing a wage about 3 years ago to help it out a bit but I wonder from time to time what would happen if I got hurt. I'm pretty sure that I know so I've never asked the question.

You must get something as otherwise how did you go not eating for three years and not putting fuel in your car and not buying cloths and paying utilities:eek:

Bull: Unless the family farm is self-insured for accidents or has insurance with a corporate body to cover workers, then I think you know the answer too. If they do have insurance, an accident will increase the premium, just like a claim with a car.

You must get something as otherwise how did you go not eating for three years and not putting fuel in your car and not buying cloths and paying utilities:eek:

I don't have a car and I live on a cattle station so the rations and utilities are part of the business. Personal stuff has come from what I had in the bank at the beginning of 2009.

Things are improving, we made a lot of changes in the management and should be more productive in the next couple of years. Cashflow will improve about 2 years after that when the cattle get to a saleable age so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. At least interest rates are going to be low for a while which helps. In the meantime I can't hurt myself. :D

It was our own decisions that got us into it so we will get ourselves out eventually. We are west from Townsville.

Happened back in June (when the fire fighters went out on strike over it)

A lot depends on what your workplace is , fixed location etc

workers who are injured while travelling between their home and place of employment would only be entitled to workcover if there is “a real and substantial connection between the employment and the accident or incident out of which the personal injury arose”.

compared to previously

a journey injury was compensable if sustained during “daily or other periodic journeys between the worker’s place of abode and place of employment”

Also injured workers have to pay their own legal costs.

Firefighters , paramedics and politicians are still covered for journey claims.

WorkCover Authority of New South Wales - Workers compensation changes for workers