• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ben Cove published author on elitefts

Nice work Ben.
The IPF did produce a document that look at the differences between squat, bench and deadlift for athletes that competed in the 2011 equipped world world champs in Pilsen and the raw worlds in Stockholm. It provided similar estimatations of carryover for each lift and also looked at missed lifts/success rate etc.

A good start. In social sciences statitstical parlance I would describe the sample as "opportunistic". A good effort, nevertheless.

Expanding the sample size and dong a classical test of significance of variance between populations will undoubtedly confirm the which we already suspect to be true - equipment increases lifts.

Publish or perish as they say.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with Bens article but the quality of articles put out by elitefts is shithouse these days.

Every article used to be worth reading now they just churn out 5 pieces of shit a day. T-nation produces better quality stuff.

Nothing to do with Bens article but the quality of articles put out by elitefts is shithouse these days.

Every article used to be worth reading now they just churn out 5 pieces of shit a day. T-nation produces better quality stuff.

Its a good business model. Tbag nation and livestrong did the same thing. Develop a good userbase then have them come back often "just to check" meanwhile they become aware of them as a business and are more likely to uy from them. The forum is still awesome though

Thanks mate; means a lot to have the respect of my peers!

You are correct, it's alarmingly easy to be published on EliteFTS. When I found out I was being published I checked the current author list and it's as long as a Texas Bar. Personally I would like to see the amount published cut down but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Wasn't the sample size under 10 lifters? With lifts not passed in comp?

Scott remember I asked you (among others) for your raw and geared PR's, some of those may have been outside of competition and this is obviously important. However, the main justification of what I did was trying to put a percentage gain on geared Benching. As I said in the article, only using 10 samples from a observational study is far from accurate. However, it's a start and a rough guide of where people are at.

A good start. In social sciences statitstical parlance I would describe the sample as "opportunistic". A good effort, nevertheless.

Expanding the sample size and dong a classical test of significance of variance between populations will undoubtedly confirm the which we already suspect to be true - equipment increases lifts.

Publish or perish as they say.

It's not uncommon for Sport Scientists to publish articles with similar sample sizes, but obviously with such small numbers everything is taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited: