• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist movement

tocksr1

When I am doing bent over rows my right wrist clicks and feels like it is popping in and out. New to lifting and wondering if this is common or not. Also I have read about people using those wrist straps that wrap around the bar as well (can't remember what they are called) and wondering if they would help

Wrists should be locked straight as seen in the pic regardkess of over or under hand. A lot of newbs curl at the wrist. Check you are not doing this before straps/wraps etc. If you are, drop the weight and get the form right before adding more.
u2usypup.jpg

That's weird, it's never happened to me although they do feel like they are in an awkward position if my grip is too narrow. try experimenting between different grip width to see which is most comfortable for you.

I agree with kaz check your wrist position. I get the same thing and I always thought it was because i've had two motorcycle crashes so my wrists are bashed up. If I dont pay attention to my wrist position on rows, chinups and pullups I get wrist pain and the same feeling like it's disconnecting at the joint.