• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weber BBQ cooking

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
anyone here cook with a weber kettle? the charcoal kind i mean. i love american style bbq so im looking to buy a kettle soon and have a go at a few recipes. the sort of stuff these guys get into:

BBQ & Grilling Recipes | BBQ Pit Boys

bbq_ribs1.jpg

Last edited:
Get the pizza oven kit online from the states. Some of the best pizza I've had, as good as wood fire.

Beer can chicken chicken is another awesome weber feed.

Yeah I love our kettle Weber, awesome for roasts etc, but prefer a conventional BBQ for snags and steak.

Weber oven kit is only suitable with weber kettle :(
We hAve crappy electric burners at home :(. So u can imagine how much we
We love our weber q.

I've never seen one of these...?
So much awesome!

What??

They're awesome for slow cooked roasts. Chuck a beef or pork in it for a few hours and comes out amazing. I've also had a whole fresh salmon cooked similarly. Was heaven.

In for info!

Just picked one up last weekend and have NFI what I'm doing!

which one did you get? how much?

i was just in bunnings and they are selling weber 57cm one touchs for $199 but they are grey imports without the cook book and a few accessories. i reckon i'll get one though for that price and just buy any extras as i need them.

check out this forum for some good tips and recipes: Aussie BBQ Forum • Index page

I used to have a webber, the big one. I can't keep one in my current place because of the wooden floor on the balcony deck (apartment).

For best taste it's to use pure charcoal, I used to have 20kg bag of that stuff. Also you don't have to worry about all the crap they put in the brickets.

It burns a lot hotter tho, so got to use less charcoal. Also adding some soaked hickory wood gives great smokey flavour. I could make 2 or 3 roast chickens on it, the taste was to die for and eat was fairly east to do too...

You can't smoke meat, since it's too hot (it's bbq after all). But you can get a weber smokers. I don't know much about them, since I've never used one.

What you can do with the bbq is add some wet wooden chips to the fire, put the lid on and add some smokey flavour to your meats.

Thanks oioi!
I think we are going to buy a Weber for Xmas, we have a gas bbq but have seen too many good recipes for ribs!

I really miss mine and I'm thinking about getting the one touch gold. Hopefully it is a lot less messy on balconies...

whole chickens.... slow as possible.

EDIT: and maybe that kitten in your avatar.

Love my Webber, have the original Webber, as I don't believe in imitations of anything.

Food tastes so great out of it, have had it for years and still going strong with many more years to come.

Love cooking American ribs on it or making American style marinated Kebobs cooked on charcoal. Even T Bones go great on it.

They also make a great roast leg of pork:rolleyes: