• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weber BBQ cooking

We have the one Touch Gold Weber, have had it for around 4 years I think, gets a fair bit of use, pretty happy with it.

Only problem I find is that the cooking grid rusts, should be stainless steel IMO, but does not seem to affect operation and use.

We have the one Touch Gold Weber, have had it for around 4 years I think, gets a fair bit of use, pretty happy with it.

Only problem I find is that the cooking grid rusts, should be stainless steel IMO, but does not seem to affect operation and use.
Bugger.... they are chrome plated from memory?
Im using a Jamie Oliver Fat Boy atm and the whole bottom half and grill is stainless steel, looks the same as the day i bought it.
I see the 2nd hand webers for sale all rusted out, I often wondered if this was from neglect or how they aged....

Yeah pretty sure they are chrome plated, certainly for that money they should be a good grade stainless....

The missus got one yesterday, one of these: Weber BBQs -

Tried it out last night with some marinade chicken... i would recommend using a disposable alfoil baking dish for that :)

Bugger.... they are chrome plated from memory?
Im using a Jamie Oliver Fat Boy atm and the whole bottom half and grill is stainless steel, looks the same as the day i bought it.
I see the 2nd hand webers for sale all rusted out, I often wondered if this was from neglect or how they aged....

The actual kettle is fine even after many years of use, just the chrome grid gets rusty, but does not really affect it and it's still good after 4-5 years, and will go for a few more.

But agree I think the grid should be stainless steel.

May be they will eventually sell a replacement stainless grid.

I am pretty happy with mine.

The missus got one yesterday, one of these: Weber BBQs -

Tried it out last night with some marinade chicken... i would recommend using a disposable alfoil baking dish for that :)

They are not really a weber, they are just a small overpriced BBQ made by weber, most here are talking about the weber kettle BBQ's that run on char coal, for the real BBQ taste.