• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weber BBQ cooking

legend - thanks for the links. I think I have some time on youtube and google in the near future to figure out how to get the most out of this thing.. First time i've ever had anything other than the standard 4/6 burner gas bbq...

Be warned they are **** to get lit.

Charcoal BBQs seems like a bloody pain in the arse. I couldn't be stuffed fucking around with it.

Got a cheap 4 burner flat plate BBQ for $89 at K Mart and its the best BBQ I have ever had. Much better than expensive ones I had before.

Charcoal BBQs seems like a bloody pain in the arse. I couldn't be stuffed fucking around with it.

Got a cheap 4 burner flat plate BBQ for $89 at K Mart and its the best BBQ I have ever had. Much better than expensive ones I had before.

Dirty bloody stuff charcoal is.
Changing gas bottles is also a pain in the arse.

Yeah takes all of 30 seconds to change a gas bottle over.

I always have a spare full gas bottle sitting there ready to go.

Yes, I should have a second one, this bottle sits behind the weber q excess fat seems to drip directly on the valve.

I haven't got all second mate.

That's pretty much what I have always thought - but everyone who has one seems to love the things, so I figure I should at least give it a shot.... Found a weber "with accessories" (dunno what haha) for $50 on gumtree so figured I'd give it a crack..

If I decide it's not for me, it's only $50 down the drain if I can't move it on - i've blown that hundreds of times over on stupid shit in the past :p

Their a prick to start and cook slow but can't be beaten for cooking shit cuts of meat. Best roasts going, plus the whole neighborhood smells that badboy grilling all arvo. Makes the other wives jealous and everyone knows thats the quickest way to banging Mrs Hottie two doors down and at the end of the day thats the only reason we do anything, right?

Their a prick to start and cook slow but can't be beaten for cooking shit cuts of meat. Best roasts going, plus the whole neighborhood smells that badboy grilling all arvo. Makes the other wives jealous and everyone knows thats the quickest way to banging Mrs Hottie two doors down and at the end of the day thats the only reason we do anything, right?

I have no doubt they taste great. I used to have a rotisserie for my last BBQ. Meat tasted great but was a nightmare to use. I just use the slow cooker now. Throw roast in a forget about it until dinner time.

Hard to beat the slow cooker for ease of use and making cheap cuts of meat taste awesome.

Would probably use something like a webber on a weekend but day to day meals not really practical.

I have no doubt they taste great. I used to have a rotisserie for my last BBQ. Meat tasted great but was a nightmare to use. I just use the slow cooker now. Throw roast in a forget about it until dinner time.

Hard to beat the slow cooker for ease of use and making cheap cuts of meat taste awesome.

Would probably use something like a webber on a weekend but day to day meals not really practical.

I got a knock off weber from kmart for $48 bucks usually do two roasts on a sunday, if its on by 2 in the arvo its ready by 6-7 & I got enough meat for sunday dinner and mon an tues linch.

Agree on the slow cooker. I rate that bad boy as well.

ROADSIDE CHICKEN

it come up a treat. i marinated for 6 hours then basted while cooking. i cooked it direct for a bit then indirect for about 30 mins and quickly seared it a bit more before serving.

IMG_1286.jpg

loving the weber so far.. still getting used to doing the basics on it but so far:

last week cooked up some roo fillets for my dinner, came out perfect.. did steaks, eggs, bacon and onions for steak sandwiches on Saturday, a mini lamb roast on Sunday (temp was too high.. outside was perfect but inside a little too rare - still tasted awesome) and tonight did a couple eye fillets for dinner..

the chimney starter was a good purchase - makes life real easy. love the Smokey flavour of meat off the weber, especially with a good seasoning of garlic pepper..

Doing another lamb roast next a weekend, thinking I might get some woodchips to smoke it up a bit more - any recommendations?

this weber was about the best $50 I've ever spent ;)

Be warned they are **** to get lit.

Mate used ours today. We use it often never had an issue to light it, takes less than a minute.

1) get about 4 fire starters. I use cheap home brand ones and place into BBQ coal grill

2) light starters and pile char coal on top.

3) walk away and do something else for 30 minutes, don't even look at it again.

4) place meat on BBQ, cook and enjoy.

Pork ribs are unbelievable done in the weber, have a nice gas BBQ and have not used it in over a year.

Mate used ours today. We use it often never had an issue to light it, takes less than a minute.

1) get about 4 fire starters. I use cheap home brand ones and place into BBQ coal grill

2) light starters and pile char coal on top.

3) walk away and do something else for 30 minutes, don't even look at it again.

4) place meat on BBQ, cook and enjoy.

Pork ribs are unbelievable done in the weber, have a nice gas BBQ and have not used it in over a year.

This man knows the deal!!! But id get a chimney stater over fire lighters, Best $30 you will spend

Agree with you there on the chimney starter.. that thing is awesome! Although I throw a couple of fire starters under the chimney starter to get it going since i don't have much laying around to use for kindling :p

I've been using heatbeads but mate of mine reckons that "proper" charcoal is the way to go ... others thoughts?

I'll have to get one of these chimney starters I think.

I use heat beads, and some actual charcoal, usually about half half, but ran out so heat heads only lately.