• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weber BBQ cooking

im gonna start with some simple stuff like wings, steaks and burgers. once i get the hang of it then i'll try some slow n low recipes like pulled pork and brisket

American style pork ribs cooked over hot coals, or American style marinated beef kebobs done the same way.....

Steak is great in the Webber, or a roast pork leg, whole chicken, damn I should really use it more:)

seems like too much effort to fire up the webber properly to just cook some burgers, would prefer doing these on a traditional bbq.

cabernet glazed beef burgers w, tasty cheese, bacon, tomato, cos lettuce and rosemary buttered focaccia

Untitled_zps7fe08c04.png

IMG_1090_zps819daa94.jpg

i'd definitely do burgers again on the weber, you can really notice the charcoal taste and even though i had to leave them on for ages because they were so thick they still came out really juicy. just make sure you do a batch so you have some for the next day, i wouldnt bother just for one or two

You can't smoke meat, since it's too hot (it's bbq after all). But you can get a weber smokers. I don't know much about them, since I've never used one.

What you can do with the bbq is add some wet wooden chips to the fire, put the lid on and add some smokey flavour to your meats.

I will say you are very wrong!! I slow smoke pulled pork for 15 hour + in my Weber kettle, Use the snake method. Google it - Also come join the crew over at aussiebbq.

Ive even uses as little as 3 coals when slow cooking a 4kg rib roast before reverse searing on the small Weber, The uses are seriously endless.

Grab a book called heat and smoke by Bob hart. Thats a good palce to start

Ive got 3 webers and a Hark smoker now, I use the small Weber GA around 4 times a week. The big one is for slow cooking big roasts and ribs.

Cant beat real BBQ.

Last edited:
American style pork ribs cooked over hot coals, or American style marinated beef kebobs done the same way.....

Steak is great in the Webber, or a roast pork leg, whole chicken, damn I should really use it more:)

haha i find it hard to not use my weber most nights. - I love the Go Anywere weber i have, Small, Coals are very close to the grill, It's the best one for direct heat IE steaks. but i have done small butterflied chooks on it no probs,

Will be Smoking around 4KG of my own maple bacon next weekend for the first time.

Off to Melb for the BBQ festival this week - Hopefully i can compete on day 2.

VIC people come down for some food :)

Ive also chopped down a cherry tree, Anyone in Sydney feel free to come pick up some wood if you want, its been drying for a couple months already. Its a lot more subtle then hickory, Similar to peach wood.

im gonna start with some simple stuff like wings, steaks and burgers. once i get the hang of it then i'll try some slow n low recipes like pulled pork and brisket

Mate try this with chicken legs - Its probably the bet thing ive done so far, over night or i just did mine before work, Cooked up at 7pm, Indirect, Then finished off direct.

ROADSIDE CHICKEN
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup veg oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
1 TBS white sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt

Mix/shake till well dissolved.
I put mine in a old worcestershire bottle with the shaker top.
You can marrinate the chicken in the sauce for up to 2-8 hrs before cooking. If so discard marinade and make fresh for the cooking sauce.
I apply the sauce every 5 min to both sides and turn every 5-10 min.
Apply one final coating 5 min before removing from the grill. You can't put too much sauce on while grilling. It will build up a nice layer of flavors. I use the kettle but i think it would do well on the WSM (Larry used it) with no water pan and a high heat cook. I usally add one small piece of apple wood while grilling also. Hope you like it. Enjoy

EDIT: If you are going to marinate the chicken first, then leave the oil out for the marinade proccess. Make up a fresh batch for basting the chicken with the oil in the sauce

haha i find it hard to not use my weber most nights. - I love the Go Anywere weber i have, Small, Coals are very close to the grill, It's the best one for direct heat IE steaks. but i have done small butterflied chooks on it no probs,

Will be Smoking around 4KG of my own maple bacon next weekend for the first time.

Off to Melb for the BBQ festival this week - Hopefully i can compete on day 2.

VIC people come down for some food :)

What's your username on aussiebbq.com? Mines "TONKA" but I'm a newbie and don't post often. I just ordered a maverick et732 from urban griller so will be looking to do my first slow cook soon.

I'll be at the bbq festival in melbourne too but only for a few hours on Sunday morning.

What's your username on aussiebbq.com? Mines "TONKA" but I'm a newbie and don't post often. I just ordered a maverick et732 from urban griller so will be looking to do my first slow cook soon.

I'll be at the bbq festival in Melbourne too but only for a few hours on Sunday morning.

"SYDKING" The Mav is good mate, very handy for slow cooks.

Im Flying up Friday morning, So ill be there all weekend. Dam keen for the food festival at VIC markets as well :)

Mate try this with chicken legs - Its probably the bet thing ive done so far, over night or i just did mine before work, Cooked up at 7pm, Indirect, Then finished off direct.

ROADSIDE CHICKEN
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup veg oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
1 TBS white sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt

Mix/shake till well dissolved.
I put mine in a old worcestershire bottle with the shaker top.
You can marrinate the chicken in the sauce for up to 2-8 hrs before cooking. If so discard marinade and make fresh for the cooking sauce.
I apply the sauce every 5 min to both sides and turn every 5-10 min.
Apply one final coating 5 min before removing from the grill. You can't put too much sauce on while grilling. It will build up a nice layer of flavors. I use the kettle but i think it would do well on the WSM (Larry used it) with no water pan and a high heat cook. I usally add one small piece of apple wood while grilling also. Hope you like it. Enjoy

EDIT: If you are going to marinate the chicken first, then leave the oil out for the marinade proccess. Make up a fresh batch for basting the chicken with the oil in the sauce

that looks really good, i'll give it a go sometime and post up some pics

Because of this thread, jumped on gumtree and now picking up a weber tonight haha.. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for good ideas ;)

Forgot about this thread. I'm a recent convert to the charcoal. Pics of a my first weber desert. Whole pineapple, soaked in white rum, rolled in cinnamon, sprinkled with brown sugar & roasted straight over the coals for a couple hours. Put it on after I'd finished a roast and just turned it every 20 mins.

Would have been great with ice cream but I ate it as it was. Diets are a bitch aye.
20130210_182313_zps44cc0fa6.jpg

20130210_192533_zpsc00cd922.jpg

legend - thanks for the links. I think I have some time on youtube and google in the near future to figure out how to get the most out of this thing.. First time i've ever had anything other than the standard 4/6 burner gas bbq...