• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

School Shooting Claims 27 lives

He used his victims as target practice. He pulled a gun on the only survivor and there were inconclusive results on a couple of the victims.
My property neighbors his family property in Wombeyan caves. I work with his nephew.

Gun bans will just force people to hide their guns better.

I've often thought about killing people and how much I'd enjoy it, anyone else?

Can we move on and discuss drug use and the legalisation of recreational substances, which I'm all for. I'm not really pro drug use personally, but I do think if people are properly educated they should have the right to make these decisions themselves. Or some other topic where people hold rigidly to their views (without admitting their assumptions) and which will degrade from a debate into a 'you're a fucking moron' fest.

I do agree that there needs to be a drug reform and for it to be treated as a health matter rather than criminal. 1 in 6 people in the U.S. are in gaol for marijuana offences, that is unbelievable.

Can we move on and discuss drug use and the legalisation of recreational substances, which I'm all for. I'm not really pro drug use personally, but I do think if people are properly educated they should have the right to make these decisions themselves. Or some other topic where people hold rigidly to their views (without admitting their assumptions) and which will degrade from a debate into a 'you're a fucking moron' fest.

You'll succeed in killing people and destroying lives with your stance on drugs.

You are a fine ambassador for the anti-gun movement.

Keep up the good work.

^srs???^
I had left this thread but I do like to go where the lols are. Gotta admit your statement brought the lols if that was your intention :D

You'll succeed in killing people and destroying lives with your stance on drugs.

You are a fine ambassador for the anti-gun movement.

Keep up the good work.

von, I personally think the war on drugs is about as effective as gun control. Drug reform isn't just about legalisation, it's about looking to help people who have serious problems rather than penalising them. Although, this discussion is probably for another thread, this one should be used to pay our respects to the people we lost in this horrific tragedy.

I got trolled, and responded in turn, I have no interest in discussing pro/anti drugs, or at least no disillusions anything thoughtful or original could be presented here.

I hope you guys are right, I hope it is purely a societal issue that keeps pushing these school kids and loners over the edge, and one we can correct with mental health care programs (and the like).

I'm out, peace.

I got trolled, and responded in turn, I have no interest in discussing pro/anti drugs, or at least no disillusions anything thoughtful or original could be presented here.

I hope you guys are right, I hope it is purely a societal issue that keeps pushing these school kids and loners over the edge, and one we can correct with mental health care programs (and the like).

I'm out, peace.
Thats one of the best posts in this thread Joe.

The N.R.A. is so powerful in the U.S. including their well rehearsed and practiced propoganda and lobbying of Politicians its a hard battle for the average Joe to win ......... (as someone once said "God bless America and pass the amunition")

+1 to the mental health care reforms and everything else in the good old U.S. of A.

Watched the news this morning and the American National Rifle Associations answer to this problem is to have armed guards mandatory at every school. Wow, only in America. Imagine if any association in Australia said that, they would be ridiculed...

Not sure if even this will do any good as gunmen will target shopping centres, movies etc instead.

There is no solution to this problem.

Watched the news this morning and the American National Rifle Associations answer to this problem is to have armed guards mandatory at every school. Wow, only in America. Imagine if any association in Australia said that, they would be ridiculed...

Not sure if even this will do any good as gunmen will target shopping centres, movies etc instead.

There is no solution to this problem.

Thats just a stupid idea:confused::cool:

I recon teachers should be issues with hand guns and tasers and trained in their use just like police, this should also help disciplining kids:p

Shopping centres and movie theatres already have armed guards thats why they are targeting schools:eek:

There was another shooting this morning in Pennsylvania, 4 people dead. It didn't get as much press :cool:

Mass shooting in Pennsylvania: At least four reported dead — RT

NRA's answer to random massacres is to have 'good guys' with guns (i.e. armed security or police officers at all schools across America)

The NRA have too much political power. Shits gotta get real. IMO, its a macro problem, which will start with micro solutions. i.e. communities like the one in Connecticut starting a gun amnesty program, which those in the community (including gun owners) are calling for after the school massacre, as well as a community focus on social & mental health issues which the Connecticut mayor is already acting on.

Which I find to be a huge step in a very positive direction. The hope is a domino effect will take place across the US?

It requires a multi-faceted approach to fix the unfixable, but at least at a local level, Connecticut are taking the first step.

Martin Bryants massacre was the catalyst for gun reform & greater awareness & funding for mental health in Australia. Sometimes, it seems, it takes great tragedy to force action.

Last edited:
Martin Bryants massacre was the catalyst for gun reform & greater awareness & funding for mental health in Australia. Sometimes, it seems, it takes great tragedy to force action.

We must live in different countries, mental health awareness and treatment have never been worse in Australia, or so the not for profits who champion that cause keep saying in the media. All we had was a knee jerk buyback that took legal long arms out of the hands of law abiding shooters.

We must live in different countries, mental health awareness and treatment have never been worse in Australia, or so the not for profits who champion that cause keep saying in the media. All we had was a knee jerk buyback that took legal long arms out of the hands of law abiding shooters.

Aww I don't think thats true Fluff. Mental Health Programs & awareness were non-existent before 1996 (Port Arthur Massacre)

John Howard put more money towards the development of greater programs, research & awareness, but nothing was 'immediate' - its taken over a decade to come to a place where mental illness is recognised as a debilitating illness by insurers, workcover & mainstream society. And its spoken about freely, community programs are rife & each year more money is asked for & given, to facilitate greater awareness, initiatives & treatments.

Sure we still have a long way to go, but the Port Arthur Massacre was the event that got the ball rolling....small steps have been taken ever since.

Beyond Blue was established in the year 2000 as a 5 year national program, that has had such significant impact nationally in raising awareness of mental health conditions & has played a significant & direct role in health policy reform.

Sometimes tragedy, becomes the catalyst for planting seedlings of change, thats all I was saying.

We have a long way to go, yes, absolutely. But we've come so far already too. No other country in the world has a national mental health program that has been so successful.

That's good news, as they're influence will continue on for many years to come & continue to change the landscape of awareness, treatment & government policy for mental health in Australia.

The Howard gun buy back and the subsequent amendments after the Monash university episode have been an abject failure if they were supposed to make a difference to rates of violent crime, homicide or mental health care.

In less than two weeks, W.A. Has experienced six homicides, none committed with firearms. in the past 24 hours there have been two deaths in Australia by stabbing. A couple were also blugeoned to death by their schizoprenic son in Tasmania, which is particularly tragic, considering the parents' contributions to mental health care.

Something is broken in society. Minority political parties and headline seeking, ignorant journalists love to target firearms and law abiding firearms owners as the cause. It's a waste of resources even debating such a preposterous notion.

I shoot, I vote, contribute to society the best I can and I also have a HFA child. I find the misguided discussions on certain proposed solutions to the problem of social ills rather tiresome.

Mental illness aside, for which people on the spectrum are often mis-labeled, a large part of the problem starts in the home and can be fixed in the first instance with better parenting and more focus on family.

This afternoon my kids and their friends enjoyed some time shooting at cans and unwanted toys under my supervision. None of these kids are remotely interested in violent video games or antisocial activity.

When we finished, I secured the guns and ammunition and they all proceeded to misuse my gym equipment.