• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

School Shooting Claims 27 lives

Maybe we need to get Iraq to invade the USA to remove these weapons of mass destruction....:rolleyes:

When the gun lobby pull out the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" line they should be forced to change it to "guns don't kill people, Americans kill people".

I don't know the guys involved but it's just as possible some of them were just plain fucked in the head, which would explain why they had trouble developing social skills and I think better explain their chosen courses of action. A combination of the two, at least...

I remember school being a bit of a fight for survival, in America it sure looks 100 times worse, with jock/bulling culture being a point of pride in some schools. Initiation routines, etc... I can see all this pushing a borderline personality who might otherwise graduate uneventfully over the edge.

But I also believe some people are just flat out insane and it's not society's fault. For these people, and until we fix the schools, I see nothing wrong with tightening up gun control laws. Sorry, no sympathy to the hobbyists when people are dying.

Last edited:
Watched a few US shows on Foxtel over the weekend, heaps of red neck reality shows. (Moonshiners, I survived, addicted, Bio channel stuff). The mentally of most of them was my gun saved my life. Taking the guns of these people (mainly rural/country hicks) would start a civil war in the US.

Even the Top Gear episode were the guys drove through Alabama with slogans such as "Hillary for president" and "NASCAR sucks" and "I'm bi" showed the mentality of some of the folk when an F150 truck rocked up with rifles and chased the guys/crew.

Maybe we need to get Iraq to invade the USA to remove these weapons of mass destruction....:rolleyes:

When the gun lobby pull out the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" line they should be forced to change it to "guns don't kill people, Americans kill people".

Has a gun ever stood trial for murder?

Fwiw there are ten times as many alcohol related deaths than firearm related deaths in the US each year

Btw does anyone know Norway's gun laws?

It's disheartening watching the anti-firearms brigade (usually greens and left-wing lentil eating extremists) once again turn a human tragedy into a political opportunity.

The spirit of the United States is to be resilient and to meet force with force. Pearl Harbour, 9/11, Independence. Radical reform of firearms law in the USA will not happen.

It's amusing seeing online polls here in Australia asking if gun laws in the USA ought to be changed. A bit like asking; do you think the moon should be made of fairy floss?

they have to make it much harder to get a gun at least. Should be a privilege not a right. Having more people armed as suggested will end in much more deaths rather then preventing them.

It's disheartening watching the anti-firearms brigade (usually greens and left-wing lentil eating extremists) once again turn a human tragedy into a political opportunity.

The spirit of the United States is to be resilient and to meet force with force. Pearl Harbour, 9/11, Independence. Radical reform of firearms law in the USA will not happen.

It's amusing seeing online polls here in Australia asking if gun laws in the USA ought to be changed. A bit like asking; do you think the moon should be made of fairy floss?

Rather than name calling please tell me your argument as to why guns should be accessible to every person, including those who are dangerous cause they're (forgive the lack of a specific and accurate psychiatric diagnosis) fucking insane?

You've seen some years Von, surely you've come across people in your life who you are perhaps glad don't own or have access to firearms.

Last edited:
Rather than name calling please tell me your argument as to why guns should be accessible to every person, including those who are dangerous cause they're (forgive the lack of a specific and accurate psychiatric diagnosis) fucking insane?

You've seen some years Von, surely you've come across people in your life who you are perhaps glad don't own or have access to firearms.

I'll name call and continue to belittle the obsessive, inconsiderate types who have no respect for human dignity. there has been a tragedy and it's not the time to play political football.

troll

\/\/ I've owned guns, and while we r being smart and name calling, ur a BIG STUPID.

Last edited:
This.

I don't know why they need semis over in USA.

Does a deer shoot back or throw grenades?

I think a semi auto weapon might actually be pretty useful if one was charging you, though I believe they mostly run from people

On the gun issue - I don't believe you can prove 100% that the incidents that occurred recently in America are not just the result of a culture that alienates and often victimises young people.

On global warming - I'm not aware of any evidence at the moment that proves global warming is occurring and we are on a fast track to an environmental disaster.

In both of these issues, there are parties with vested interests (gun owners, companies polluting the air, etc.) that demand evidence before you take away what they own. For this reason I highly doubt Obama will be able to take any action next week.

I think when you discuss and think about gun ownership it's not worth the risk, but I don't think anyone is interested in really doing that here. I find insanity and its variants very interesting, and I believe there are certain mental make ups that give rise to very dangerous people, and the existence of these people are why we should be thankful here we have pretty strict firearm laws.

Blaming gun laws and gun ownership is like putting a band aid on skin cancer, it might cover it up and hide the issue for a while but will do nothing to cure the problem.

I live in a remote rural community where there are more guns than people, everyone around me owns and carries guns on a daily basis, yet my kids can be playing outside without a single worry in the world...apart from the odd snake may be.

And yes many around here are licensed for semi automatic high powered rifles (Category H license available in Australia), yet I still feel safer there than when I was living in Sydney where my kids were not allowed out of my sight.

So again it is NOT a gun issue its a social, mental health etc etc issue.

If it was a gun issue I would have reson to be concerned that every one of my neighbours owns high powered rifles, many being semi automatic and high powered,but it does not concern me at all to see my neighbour carry his high powered semi automatic rifle to his car to go to work for the day or night.

Why semi Automatic??? Time is money, more kills on feral animals in less time and more effectively, this is why farmers are still allowed to own these here. Feral Wild pigs are out of control around here, with farmers often shooting 100-200 within a few hours of a single day.

holy shit it's comical now. Guns don't kill people I guess? You sure?

1 good thing about Howard - he manned up after the Martin Bryant tragedy and took away semis.

Yeah from law abiding citizens. Martin Bryant got his illegally.

Funny how the US's gun ownership has been rising but their murder's have dropped by half in the past twenty years.

7500 handgun are used each year in crimes in the US, there's apparently 77 million of them. Let's disarm the 99.991% that obey the law.

Rifles only account for I believe 3% (maybe 4%) of their crime, let's disarm the other 97%!

Last edited:
edit: fuck it I couldn't be bothered. You people just keep stating the same shit which I've addressed without addressing what I've said.

Last edited:
The assault weapons ban in the US ran from '94-'04, one of the guns the Columbine kids used was on the list.

That weapon ban clearly solved the issue.

On the gun issue - I don't believe you can prove 100% that the incidents that occurred recently in America are not just the result of a culture that alienates and often victimises young people.

On global warming - I'm not aware of any evidence at the moment that proves global warming is occurring and we are on a fast track to an environmental disaster.

I am about to die from an acute dose of cognitive dissonance.

How can you be a climate change skeptic and not be a gun-toting redneck?

Von, whatever your self interest in this matter the fact remains, guns in the hands of the deranged or those who would use them (guns) for purposes we just recently saw and have continually seen in the U.S. has to be stopped. If you don't agree with that or are just trying to circle jerk then you are not worth the effort of even replying too. Merry Xmas to you and yours.