• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

School Shooting Claims 27 lives

Just saw this on good old face book. Well said sir :

This year 49 children in a Syrian school get shot with their hands bound behind their backs and around 20,000 children starve to death every day. But another shooting in the US makes headlines again and all of a sudden everyone cares. Oh and ofcourse it's Obama's fault again? Pfft

Not to mention how many alcohol related deaths there are every year without people doing jumping jacks to ban grog

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlLU8VvSWAM"]President Obama Cries Reading Statement On The Connecticut School Shooting Massacre - YouTube[/ame]

I honestly cannot fathom what goes on a killer's mind to take other people's lives like that. Did he drop some acid? Ate some bath salts? Played with a ouji board? Inhumane.

Background on gunman : Huffington Post

Nancy Lanza took her son, Adam, to a shooting range and taught him how to use a firearm before he turned a gun on her and shot her dead, then executed more than two dozen terrified children and teachers at an elementary school.

Fifty-two-year-old Nancy Lanza was an avid gun collector who had legally purchased five firearms, all registered in Connecticut, according to police records.

'She said she would often go target shooting with her kids,' Dan Holmes, owner of the lanscaping firm Holmes Fine Gardens, told Reuters.
He recalled that she once showed him a 'high-end rifle' that she had purchased.

Adam killed his mother in the home they shared on Friday morning by shooting her in the face using one of her own guns.

Adam then allegedly took his mother's car keys and several guns belonging to her - including a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, and a .223 caliber rifle - and drove her car to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he massacred 20 children and six adults, before shooting himself.

This is soo sad and tragic I can not even imagine it, I wish I was there to help somehow to try and stop this person, he is/was pure evil, killing innocent children and tearing families apart for ever, no parent should have to go through this ever.:mad:

However I don't believe that gun control is the main issue that needs addressing here, it's a mental health issue that these people do not get weeded out before it happens.

Guns are neither good or evil, there are no good guns and there are no bad guns, guns just are, there are only good and bad people.

Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a very bad thing, a gun in the hands of a good person is no thread to anyone except to bad people.

Consider that most farmers own several guns and use them almost daily, and that police carry guns on our streets 24 hours a day, it's not the gun that is the issue it's the person holding it.

Just my 2 cents worth

I know they'll never ban guns over there, but maybe a gun amnesty might help! Having lived in the states, it's a very passionate argument that a non-American will never win! Lol

I heard the stats about Australia's gun amnesty and firearm suicides went down 74% and firearm homicide has dropped 54%. It just takes away the temptation of using a gun when it's not at arms reach. Might give people time to think, ' nah it's not worth it' and save a life. Just my two cents!

This is soo sad and tragic I can not even imagine it, I wish I was there to help somehow to try and stop this person, he is/was pure evil, killing innocent children and tearing families apart for ever, no parent should have to go through this ever.:mad:

However I don't believe that gun control is the main issue that needs addressing here, it's a mental health issue that these people do not get weeded out before it happens.

Guns are neither good or evil, there are no good guns and there are no bad guns, guns just are, there are only good and bad people.

Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a very bad thing, a gun in the hands of a good person is no thread to anyone except to bad people.

Consider that most farmers own several guns and use them almost daily, and that police carry guns on our streets 24 hours a day, it's not the gun that is the issue it's the person holding it.

Just my 2 cents worth

Agreed that guns are nit good or bad, but why does the average citizen have access to automatic weapons?? And super high powered rifles that's what I don't get..

This is a mental health issue.. I wonder is our current state of the world creating more nut jobs than we did 50 years ago or do we just hear about them more now

Most people who believe the problem is an solely an underlying social issue haven't met or dealt with somebody who's mentally ill. I mean really really mentally ill. Even pretty good societies churn out crazies and a few always slip through the net (Martin Bryant).

I've had the pleasure of knowing one and the idea of them with a gun... christ.

But yeah feel free to keep advocating gun rights for all while people with 1 or 2 screws loose mow down kids in schools.

Agreed that guns are nit good or bad, but why does the average citizen have access to automatic weapons?? And super high powered rifles that's what I don't get..

Well high powered rifles are needed for hunting, to ensure humane kills of the animal hunted, in most places laws stipulate a minimum caliber for certain species of game, in Australia for example it is illegal to hunt deer with anything smaller than a .243 caliber rifle (still medium powered rifle, jet a lot bigger than the low powered (by comparison) fox/rabbit hunting rifle used in Connecticut)

Automatic weapons have been restricted in Connecticut since 1993.

Blaming guns for what has happened here is like blaming cars for the road toll and McDonald's for fat people, it's a ridiculous argument, it has nothing to do with cars, guns or McDonald's its an education, training, mental health, social and people issue.

May be we need a better system to asses people with issues before handing out Firearms permits, but that just means people will find other means, such as a drum of fertiliser bought at Bunnings mixed with diesel fuel from the local servo.

202 innocent people murdered and not a firearm in sight:

2002 Bali bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's easy for people un educated in guns and gun laws and governments to take the easy option and blame guns, gun laws and law abiding gun owners for what has happened here, rather than address the real issues involved.

Last edited:
problem is assault weapons. Absolutely zero need for civilian use.
Allow rifles, pistols and shot guns to properly licensed and trained people who have a need for them.

If necessary have a special rural license for farmers for rifles.

This is so stupid, yeah lets blame easy access to firearms for all these school shootings.

Has anyone noticed all these ****s doing the shootings are cast from exactly the same mould, middle class, late teens early twenties, white, shitty social skills. Fuck could it be any easier to pinpoint the demographioc that needs attention.

As for banning semi autos not sure exactly what that would achieve it wouldn't have been any harder for him to kill that many unarmed kids with a garden variety .223 bolt actions.

Do you people realise how many .223, .222 and the like live in suburban gun safes in this country but we don't have school massacres here, why because this country isn't full of retarded middle class morons that have been conditioned to think the only way they can leave a legacy is by been in the news for five fucking minutes.

America and a large part of their population is fucked not because of their gun laws but because their education system keeps churning out these monsters.

No one is saying ignore the social issues.

But there will still be unstable people in society, why make it easier for them to go postal? Not all mental issues are society's fault, some of them are genetic.

No one is saying ignore the social issues.

But there will still be unstable people in society, why make it easier for them to go postal? Not all mental issues are society's fault, some of them are genetic.

Yeah but in this case it is all same gender, roughly same age, same race, fucking all look the same (skinny weaklings). Yes all societies have unstable people but these ****s are all almost identical. Look at em the batman shooter, columbine, this guy. I think the virgina tech guy might have been asian but ticked all the other boxes.

Its freaky, there is a massive problem only in that age group & social pecking order. Its not an issue with gun control its crazy motherfuckers who fit that specific mould. So its totally a social issue.

Maybe you could blame their generally high murder rate on easily accessible fire arms, more likely the thriving drug problem caused by neighbouring narco states, but these massacres are a phenomenon within that specific group of people.