• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low carb Pizza

Sydking

i love pizza, But have barely touched the stuff over the last year or so as its to easy to eat lots, and packed full of calories

So...... Ive been doing some reading, and come across this.

Store For Fitness

And that led me to this

Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

There are many ways to make it, which will also determine the macros for the base. Some ive seen use unflavored WPC as well for a protein boost.

Anyone tried these? I will be trialing a few over the weekend.

Anything cauliflower is fail.
I use Mountain bread as a base for low carb pizzas, there's also another flat bread Gluten free that has 16g of carbs per base. Made by freedom foods.

Yeah i will generally use Pita bread for a pizza base, slightly higher carbs but much less then a tradition pizza base.

I use Mountain bread as a base for low carb pizzas, there's also another flat bread Gluten free that has 16g of carbs per base. Made by freedom foods.

Really....... I love the stuff, mashed, soup, boiled/steamed with olive oil and salt, Or if im being really devilish il make a cheese sauce with garlic, Pour over the top and bake with Parmesan & bread crumbs on top.

Yeah i will generally use Pita bread for a pizza base, slightly higher carbs but much less then a tradition pizza base.

I still find wraps and pitta to high for me for the satisfaction the provide, I only have 100-150 grams per day. The best ive found is a sorja wrap with 13g carbs, and quite frankly id rather chew on carpet....

not if you do it right. just don't trust a lot of the recipes on the net.

I laugh at most recipes for protein stuff as I can tell from the recipe that it won't be good.

you just have to sift through the rubbish recipes.

I just hate Cauliflower. Blerghhhh!!

lol well there's no remedy for that ...except avoidance :D

I have a recipe for a sweet potato protein pizza crust that it quite popular.

but obviously a little higher in carbs.

Will be making a cauliflower bread this weekend. Will report back on how it goes

not if you do it right. just don't trust a lot of the recipes on the net.

I laugh at most recipes for protein stuff as I can tell from the recipe that it won't be good.

you just have to sift through the rubbish recipes.

You have any good recipes for cauliflower pizza base? Would love to add it to my list to trial for this weekend.

sheesh just saw this now :(

lots of cauliflower pizza base recipes ... this one is good:

Low-carb Cauliflower Pizza Base | mamabake.com

you'll see the same recipe posted all over the web :)

Thanks, I found a similar one. Original Cauliflower Pizza Crust | Your Lighter Side

Alot of people are questioning the amount of cheese needed, I am trying find a sub or maybe use less to keep the cals down.

Also it says to rice/grate the CF frist, Then cook it. People have reported the center comes out soggy after baking it.

Im thinking, To grate/rice the CF then mix with the other ingredients, and bake it in a pizza tray as is, Let it cook in the oven instead of boiling it first.

Might result in a nicer even crust. Will try both and report back in

Just saw this method in another recipe - Looks to be a winner,

Then onto the SECRET STEP! Place the steamed cauliflower onto a clean thin dish towel and wrap it up. Then SQEEEEEZE all the excess moisture out! You will be surprised at how much water will come out. Make sure you have about 4 cups of cauliflower when you’re done.

i dont like the idea of squeezing all the water out though, I feel its loosing all its nutrients? ahh well cant have everything

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried a few lower carb pizza base options and although they work it just doesn't seem quite "right".

If I want a pizza I go for the domino's good choice range. They're bloody good IMO. Not as good as a high $ pizza like pizza capers or fancy Italian places but good for the $ and the macros are pretty damn good. (and I can finish one including 100kgx5x8 sets of squats in 6.5minutes :p)

I've tried a few lower carb pizza base options and although they work it just doesn't seem quite "right".

If I want a pizza I go for the domino's good choice range. They're bloody good IMO. Not as good as a high $ pizza like pizza capers or fancy Italian places but good for the $ and the macros are pretty damn good. (and I can finish one including 100kgx5x8 sets of squats in 6.5minutes :p)

I just cant justify the carbs and calories for dominos. Especially since i eat more then a whole pizza.

Ive worked out i cant do much more then 100g of carbs per day unless in really pumping the cardio out.