• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low carb Pizza

Low carb pizza just sounds like it would be terrible.

I would rather just eat less normal pizza and fit it into my macros than eat a heap of shit tasting low carb pizza.

Low carb pizza = no bloat.
When I eat normal pizza it take me a few days for bloat to disappear.

Mmmmmmm I wish I hadn't maxed my macros so early in the day!

Low carb pizza = no bloat.
When I eat normal pizza it take me a few days for bloat to disappear.

Mmmmmmm I wish I hadn't maxed my macros so early in the day!

I think the bloat I get from pizza is because of salt and not the carbs. Days I have pizza I eat no more carbs than normal but I am almost guaranteed to be 1-2kg heavier but it goes the next day or 2.

Hi,

Ive made cauliflower pizza before using this recipe below.

Healthy & Low Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza | meals & moves

See below picture for the pizza base.
549425_10151643332250311_1196779495_n.jpg

pizza all done. yum yum
403505_10151643350770311_1812934400_n.jpg

Cut into square slices most of it of which i could pick up and it wouldn't fall apart.. :)

made some last night, Just the base to test, Was a bit thick so not as crispy as i would like,

I used 1 cup of grated raw CF, 25g of cheese and 1 egg, salt and peper and fresh basil

It called for 1 cup of cheese, But no thanks.... All the recipes also call for using cooked CF. That would make it really soggy.

i ended up topping mine with 250g cottage cheese, home grown tomato slices (cant beat em) and fresh basil and Olive oil.

YUM!!! Will be making more tonight and even freezing a few, Even thinking CF muffins with cheese and bacon.

made some last night, Just the base to test, Was a bit thick so not as crispy as i would like,

I used 1 cup of grated raw CF, 25g of cheese and 1 egg, salt and peper and fresh basil

It called for 1 cup of cheese, But no thanks.... All the recipes also call for using cooked CF. That would make it really soggy.

i ended up topping mine with 250g cottage cheese, home grown tomato slices (cant beat em) and fresh basil and Olive oil.

YUM!!! Will be making more tonight and even freezing a few, Even thinking CF muffins with cheese and bacon.

you could try this maybe :)

http://ausbb.com/recipes/18080-chocolate-chilli-mango-recipes.html#post406173

it's very popular!

Viv plz start your own business, and get some apprentices under you. I will happily have them on retainer to cook for me 7 days a week. I am just far too lazy to cook these days, I got to my local chicken shop 5 days a week for their free range lilydale chicken and Mediterranean salad with avocado.

The most extravagant thing I have cooked lately is salmon wrapped in foil with dill, parsley, lemon, pepper & sea salt.. some potatoes and veg to match. Even that's too much of an effort :D

Viv plz start your own business, and get some apprentices under you. I will happily have them on retainer to cook for me 7 days a week. I am just far too lazy to cook these days, I got to my local chicken shop 5 days a week for their free range lilydale chicken and Mediterranean salad with avocado.

The most extravagant thing I have cooked lately is salmon wrapped in foil with dill, parsley, lemon, pepper & sea salt.. some potatoes and veg to match. Even that's too much of an effort :D

LOL working on it, Minchy :D

But at the moment, I'm at chocolatier school!!

more strings to my bow :)

Any recommendations like this that would help 65/35/5 (f/p/c) split?

not always easy to find low fat + low carb that actually tastes good (as opposed to people convincing themselves it tastes good so they stick to their macros ... happens alot given what some folk eat LOL)

Protein fluff is the most obvious one + protein cheesecake

for savoury stuff, can't beat protein (meat, fish, eggs) + veg really.

frittata, egg muffins, that sort of thing....

looking for something in particular?

not always easy to find low fat + low carb that actually tastes good (as opposed to people convincing themselves it tastes good so they stick to their macros ... happens alot given what some folk eat LOL)

Protein fluff is the most obvious one + protein cheesecake

for savoury stuff, can't beat protein (meat, fish, eggs) + veg really.

frittata, egg muffins, that sort of thing....

looking for something in particular?

Do you mean low protein + low carb?

Really looking for high fat items with some protein, negligible carbs. Particularly breakfast a tough one, not so much for me, but my partner. Doing egg's + meat with nuts and spinach etc is tough on her (used to oats, cereal, bread). Best I've done so far is chorizo + cheese + egg + spinach omelette.

The low carb pizza base could be good for a dinner/lunch option, as the macro's might look alright once I heap on the meat and cheese etc, and wouldn't necessarily make it feel like we're eating anything different from normal - really that is what I'm hoping to find a few options for.

Do you mean low protein + low carb?

Really looking for high fat items with some protein, negligible carbs. Particularly breakfast a tough one, not so much for me, but my partner. Doing egg's + meat with nuts and spinach etc is tough on her (used to oats, cereal, bread). Best I've done so far is chorizo + cheese + egg + spinach omelette.

The low carb pizza base could be good for a dinner/lunch option, as the macro's might look alright once I heap on the meat and cheese etc, and wouldn't necessarily make it feel like we're eating anything different from normal - really that is what I'm hoping to find a few options for.

Stew, what about protein pancakes? or some protein bread toast with eggs?

Check site, sir...i have low carb, higher good fat versions of both

The bread toast in particular could be a winner!

Will jump on there and have a look. Thank you maam :D

Stew, you know my pics are crap, right? so don't go by the pics.

lower carb, higher fat breads are the omega-3 and the lemon almond ones.

both AWESOME. good with sweet or savoury. both make rather nice french toast too, just quietly.

protein pancakes might be OK....the ones with almond flour in particular...blueberry almond I think...

i rarely post pancake recipes as i dont' make them at the right time of day to take a decent pic. :(

Stew, you know my pics are crap, right? so don't go by the pics.

lower carb, higher fat breads are the omega-3 and the lemon almond ones.

both AWESOME. good with sweet or savoury. both make rather nice french toast too, just quietly.

protein pancakes might be OK....the ones with almond flour in particular...blueberry almond I think...

i rarely post pancake recipes as i dont' make them at the right time of day to take a decent pic. :(

I didn't go by the pics, more the ingredients. I printed the lemon Almond one - because you nicely had a calorie split at the bottom, and it was the best fit :)

I didn't go by the pics, more the ingredients. I printed the lemon Almond one - because you nicely had a calorie split at the bottom, and it was the best fit :)

the other one also has the macros...all of the ones in the protein section have macros at the bottom of each recipe :)

the almond one is sensational. have also made it with cashews and a mix of nuts but almond is the best macro fit, yes.

Protein cheesecake, I have NEVER eaten this, might need to give this recipe a whirl. Argh, just gotta get them ingredients.