• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nurse in Royal Prank Call Kills Herself

harry1970

Elegantly Wasted
When I first heard these DJ's had done this prank call I laughed and didn't think it was much more than harmless fun.

Now the nurse who put the call through has comitted suicide, 46 year old married mother of 2.

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

Twitter is going nuts with abuse to the DJ's.

No winners in this tragic story.

It was obviously a joke which ended in tragedy. I guess you don't know what other stresses and strains the nurse was under to make such a fateful choice.

The thing that pisses me off is that 2Day FM have come out and said that the DJs have taken break out of respect for the nurse who (apparently) suicided.
Fucken bullshit PR by dirty low life PR people. The DJs are on break so as to not cop a hammering on air etc. PR kunce.

Whatever happened to closing the windows and doors to the world, or packing a bag and going away for a while....
Shit dies down fast in the press...

Probably had other shit going on + big royalist. Wouldn't be surprised if it was BS though.

Not much sympathy if its genuine and otherwise her life was peachy, sorry.

She only answered the phone and transferred a call, then kill yourself:confused:

I think there is more to it than that. Surly that can't be the reason to kill yourself.

Glad common sense is winning over in here. I know I shouldn't expect sane comments from most story comment sections but it seems most people are in hysterics wanting the dj's blood. Either that or they're condemning Australian's for such behavior.

After listening to the radio bit, it's really nothing shocking.

It's sad what happened to the nurse but I'd hardly hold the DJ's responsible.

Coles has pulled its advertising from strife-prone radio station 2Day FM amid boycott calls after a nurse who was the victim of a prank phone call was found dead.

Supermarket giant Coles announced this morning it had informed the station's management it would be removing all its advertising from the station as soon as possible.

Coles pulls ads from 2Day FM after nurse's death

...People take things way way way too seriously. Its 100% not the dj's fault at all and their probably going to lose their jobs over this. If was a bit of fun, a bit of a laugh and if that lady was so selfish as to top herself over that and leave her kids behind then good riddance, what a waste of life.

Remind me if I suffer depression to not seek help from you mob!

A person with true clinical depression is probably incapable of rational thinking, hence the irrational actions - self harm.

Major depressive disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After reading the previous posts, if someone you know reports symptoms of depression please, suck on a protein shake and get them to call:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 Get Help - Lifeline | Connect with someone who cares

Suicide Helpline Victoria - 1300 651 251
Kids Help Line (free call) - 1800 55 1800
Mensline - 1300 789 978
Beyond Blue: beyondblue: the national depression and anxiety initiative - What is Depression?

With all respect to you peanuts, don't tell someone with clinical depression to hide away and shut the curtains etc, one of the worst things possibly.

....again someone taking things out of proportion. KFG gives up on this thread. Back to my training log I go.

In other news, mass suicides reported after Julia Gillard's end of world prank speech.

that will go down as the lowlight of her reign as Prime Minister. Reminded me of the Pauline Hanson video "if you're seeing this then I'm dead"