• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help a beginner purchase some kit!

20kg: 250mm diameter/46mm width

Hopefully that's a typo and it's actually 450mm diameter considering:

15kg: 377mm diameter/46mm width

The holes look fine for handling. I like the flatness of the plates - looks like they'll stack together nicely on a bar compared to the tri-grip plates.

Yeah I noticed that typo also. And he has fixed it up now so maybe he saw your post :)

Get these, they're based on the Ivanko plates and look great. Not hard to handle at all.

Thanks mate. I'm going to get them, he quoted me a pretty good price. I've been looking for ages on ebay and gumtree and I haven't had any luck.

There was an ebay auction a couple of days ago for 100 kg of plates, 2 cheap barbells, and 3 rubber mats. When I found the auction it was at $100 and I thought it was a possibility, but it ended up going for over $400.

Those plates pop up on grays every now and then and go cheap as shit, always spewin as they are pickup only in Brisbane

I'm planning on devoting any gifted Xmas cash etc. towards the beginning of my home gym. I was looking at this particular place. Any reviews?

I'm planning on devoting any gifted Xmas cash etc. towards the beginning of my home gym. I was looking at this particular place. Any reviews?

I'm planning to pickup the plates next week, I'll let you know when I get them.

I am now also considering splurging on a good quality barbell. Joe mentioned earlier the ABC/texas/pendlay bars. Which of those should I be looking at for general lifting i.e. bench press, squats, and deadlifts (no olympic style lifts). And what is the most commonly recommended knurl option.