• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help a beginner purchase some kit!

Don't know why you'd prefer the MMPR over the force USA... just looking at the massive hole spacing on the MMPR rules it out for me.

I have the MM rack and that was something I was worried about before I got it. Had it 2 years and never been an issue.

Thanks guys. I saw this link from another thread and it looks like excellent value POWER RACK W/ LAT PULL DOWN STAND CAGE SQUAT + 200KG WEIGHT PLATES + BARBELL GYM | eBay

That is assuming it is the current version, and if they can do a more practical plate config. I'll send them an email to check the width and to see if they can do the plates in a better config. Freight seems to be cheap too.

I've also sent emails to GymDirect and Cybermarket for quotes so I'll see what they come back with.
That's really good, I don't love 15 kg plates but 200kg is pretty great. I paid around that amount for a similar package, except with olympic dumbell handles and a Force USA bench, but with the shittier rack (home version). Probably would've considered this package if it was at that price point when I bought mine!

My advice is not to skip on barbell, get a nice one with bearings. It will serve you for long time.

That's really good, I don't love 15 kg plates but 200kg is pretty great. I paid around that amount for a similar package, except with olympic dumbell handles and a Force USA bench, but with the shittier rack (home version). Probably would've considered this package if it was at that price point when I bought mine!

Hey mate, GymAndFitness responded to my enquiry about the Force USA rack and they said the width across the J hooks is definitely 1290 mm which means it is the wide version not the 1210 mm wide version so I think I'll skip on this one. I did some google searches for a 1210 mm wide version and I can't find anything so I'm not sure which one it is :confused:

I got a quote from cyberfit and IMO the discount wasn't so great. It was 10% off the website prices.

Fluffy, I have no idea how you got such a good deal mate. I see you spent about $1250 and all I added to what you got was a plate storage rack and some extra rubber mats and the quote is just under $2000 :eek:

For that money I can order the MM commercial package no. 7 from GD.

Using the figures from the quote I added them up to compare with the $1045 cyberfit package deal and it worked out to be $1075 - so $30 dearer. I think this is because the package deals seem to have the weights for $2.50/kg but my quote had the weights at $2.70/kg.

I think this confirms I'm better off getting the weight plates locally from gymgarage for $2.50/kg because I will also be saving on the freight.

Just some experience before you buy anything...

The ForceUSA Rack is good, lots of band attachments and short spacing between pins. I've been recently told there are 1210mm width rack's available. I have a 1290 and its shithouse with a normal bar so I got the different bar made up by Aus BB. So if you can get your hands on the 1210 do so.

The pulley system is also very weird on the Force Rack. I can do pullups at ~90kg bw for 15+ reps on any day but 80kg on the pulldown is ridiculously hard. With Facepulls on the top pulley the cable also frays so I had to stop doing these due to the design. So don't get the attachable pulley. If you have the room and want to add it later, buy a seperate plate loaded lat pulldown/low row for around $300-400.

The plates you are looking at getting are also the same as mine. The 20kg plates are actually not standard 20kg plate size. The BB will sit at ~35mm deficit (1.5 inch). The 25kg plates are 450mm so if you can get those for the bulk of your plates and get a pairs for the smaller sizes like you previously mentioned.

I buy alot of equipment from Gym Direct and it is quality for the price. But out of the MMPR and my rack it's still a no brainer.

I got a quote from cyberfit and IMO the discount wasn't so great. It was 10% off the website prices.

Fluffy, I have no idea how you got such a good deal mate. I see you spent about $1250 and all I added to what you got was a plate storage rack and some extra rubber mats and the quote is just under $2000 :eek:

For that money I can order the MM commercial package no. 7 from GD.

Using the figures from the quote I added them up to compare with the $1045 cyberfit package deal and it worked out to be $1075 - so $30 dearer. I think this is because the package deals seem to have the weights for $2.50/kg but my quote had the weights at $2.70/kg.

I think this confirms I'm better off getting the weight plates locally from gymgarage for $2.50/kg because I will also be saving on the freight.

Ring him up and haggle with him over the phone, thats what I did. Also don't get the more expensive 1500lb bar the cheapy is just as good.

Dunno if your getting the pulley setup cause I did give that a miss. Alao I'd wait till after xmas I bet heaps of people are buying packages as xmas pressies, that old supply and demand thing driving prices up.

Just some experience before you buy anything...

The ForceUSA Rack is good, lots of band attachments and short spacing between pins. I've been recently told there are 1210mm width rack's available. I have a 1290 and its shithouse with a normal bar so I got the different bar made up by Aus BB. So if you can get your hands on the 1210 do so.

Did you hear about the 1210 wide version from Graeme as well? I've searched Google pretty hard and can't find any mention of it. The Force USA website still lists the F-PC as 1290 wide. Can anyone confirm there is such a thing as a 1210 wide version :confused:

I buy alot of equipment from Gym Direct and it is quality for the price. But out of the MMPR and my rack it's still a no brainer.

Are you saying you think Force USA rack is better than the MMPR or vice-versa?

Cheers.

Ring him up and haggle with him over the phone, thats what I did. Also don't get the more expensive 1500lb bar the cheapy is just as good.

Dunno if your getting the pulley setup cause I did give that a miss. Alao I'd wait till after xmas I bet heaps of people are buying packages as xmas pressies, that old supply and demand thing driving prices up.

Yeah I'm not getting the 1500lb bar or the pulley setup. Steve adjusted his quote today to bring the weights and bar to the same rate as the weight packages so that's ok now. The bar is $80 and the weights are $2.60/kg. He did explain also that I'm just in a very shit area for shipping costs. Apparently a certain distance from Brisbane would cost up to $150 but a couple of clicks more to my place brings it up to $330. So that explains a lot! I'm now looking into picking it up from the Brisbane depot to save on that $180.

I'm not definitely decided though, I'm still trying to find out about this elusive 1210 mm wide Force USA rack first. Perhaps waiting till after xmas is the best bet.

Did you hear about the 1210 wide version from Graeme as well? I've searched Google pretty hard and can't find any mention of it. The Force USA website still lists the F-PC as 1290 wide. Can anyone confirm there is such a thing as a 1210 wide version :confused:

Are you saying you think Force USA rack is better than the MMPR or vice-versa?

Cheers.

Email Graeme at info@littleblokefitness.com.au and ask about the 1210 rack. Checked shipping to Brisbane 4000 from his website (dont know your Pcode obviously) and only $120. I'd probably buy plates, bar and anything else local though.

The Force USA rack is better. BUT only if you can get the 1210. Too many possible hassle's with the 1290.

Take your time if you need it, the last thing you want to do is regret spending $1000 on the wrong gear!

Hi all.

Just a follow-up to this. The 1210mm ForceUSA F-PC rack does exist - we have one in our showroom.

It came up as I noted the size difference in a new F-PC rack while installing one a few weeks ago and queried it with ForceUSA. They confirmed that they have decreased the width of their F-PC rack from 1290mm to 1210mm (it's actually around 1215mm) due to a number of complaints about the width of the old rack.

AFAIK this change has not been communicated to ForceUSA retailers. My understanding is that the new skinnier racks have been phased in over the past couple of months as the old ones sold out - so some suppliers will still have old ones and some new ones - and may not even know.

As the old and new models are packaged the same, ask the retailer to open carton 2 and measure the width of the chin-up bar. The older wider model rack has a chin-up bar that is 117cm wide - the newer skinnier model has a chin-up bar 110cm wide.

If anyone has purchased an F-PC rack in the past few weeks - grab a tape measure and have a look how wide it is. Be interested to see what you got.

Graeme.

Hi all.

Just a follow-up to this. The 1210mm ForceUSA F-PC rack does exist - we have one in our showroom.

Graeme.

Nevermind the email then haha. Shame I was about 12 months too early then, ah well all good now I guess.

Have they done it to that bigger Commercial rack too mate??

Thanks very much Graeme, that explains why I can't find it online. I'm going to check a local store this w'end and see what version they have - and to actually see one in person.

I found the cyberfit el cheapo bar pretty good. Still have it, the most it's seen is sets at 160kg and a few single 180kg (deads). It's rated to 500kg, which is just a static load rating, but it still means it's fairly tough compared to some others.

I also have an ABC bar ($480) which is nicer but for a beginner I think a cheapo would suffice for a while, they're only $100. Depending on how strong you start, of course..... Nothing wrong with picking up an ABC/texas/pendlay bar later and having two bars, too.

20kg: 250mm diameter/46mm width

Hopefully that's a typo and it's actually 450mm diameter considering:

15kg: 377mm diameter/46mm width

The holes look fine for handling. I like the flatness of the plates - looks like they'll stack together nicely on a bar compared to the tri-grip plates.

Last edited: