• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bumper plates received - should I return? Pics of damage.

jj80

Edit: The company which I won't mention but some may be able to work out sent me another plate for free so as far as I'm concerned the whole situation is rectified.

Just received 2 pendlay elite 25kg bumpers in the post and the first one has a mark that looks like this:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9058/bumper12d.jpg
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9541/bumper1.jpg

Scratched all over with 1 nasty mark. I paid good $$$ for these brand new, if I received a brand new car like this I'd expect it to be fixed. Am I being too picky asking for a refund? One plate looks 2nd hand and badly cared for, it really rolled around on the palette it was delivered on.

Last edited:
They will get thrown around anyway but worth taking it up with them. Even just to vent or let them know.

It’s up to you man but they are good plates and you dont want them damaged from the start. Its not too much to ask to have them replaced imo.

I'd be annoyed personally. But give them a call, they may offer a credit or offer to replace. Or they may have a clause that exemots them from covering items in the post.

Just make a call....

I have no marks or scratches on any of my gear except from the bar hitting the Power Rack when racking. I like stuff kept in New Condition, makes stuff easier to re-sell if it ever came down to it....

yeah i wouldnt be too happy if i bought new bumpers and they turned up like that, different story if i had of damaged them somehow, but i would be at least giving them a call and seeing what they have to offer.

I bet they were expensive, so I would not be happy, new is new IMO, if you wanted plates like that may as well have bought second hand ones.

Yeah I will chase it up, a discount at least is in order. It's like buying new car that's already got a big pole mark down the rear bumper. I would have thought a professional company could at least manage to pack something with some separation between rubber and coarse wood.

I got the gymdirect flat commercial bench today, thing is a beast... at least that was good.

might be the couriers fault, did you keep the packaging to see if the cardboard was dragged across the ground somewhere?
I've had two deliverys where the goods arrived damaged, One I got repaired and claimed the cost from the supplier, the other was an ebay purchase and I signed for the delivery and only noticed once I opened that was dented ( I suspect with a forklift )
The ebay courier I arranged ( so not sellers fault ) had a pretty tight clause saying once signed for I couldn't claim on damage

The problem is you have signed for them and accepted them. You'll find the courier will say you signed for the goods which means you checked them and accepted them as not damaged in any way. If you dont check them thats your own problem.

The company you bought them off may say the same as they cant do anything.

How do they know you didnt do the damage after the courier left you with the goods?

Thats the problem.

The company was good about it and have shipped me out another 25kg plate. I did buy 2 more 10kgs in good faith and they've waved the shipping on the lot.

I didnt realise I had to check them. I definitely will next time before I sign, I'll unpack them there and then, check, then sign. I explained to the company they needed some more material between the splintery rough palette and the rubber and they believed it was packed incorrectly. A lesson for us both.

The company was good about it and have shipped me out another 25kg plate. I did buy 2 more 10kgs in good faith and they've waved the shipping on the lot.

I didnt realise I had to check them. I definitely will next time before I sign, I'll unpack them there and then, check, then sign. I explained to the company they needed some more material between the splintery rough palette and the rubber and they believed it was packed incorrectly. A lesson for us both.

What are they worth a kg joe?

Pretty premium plates, you gonna invest in a nice bar as well?

The 25s are $378 for a pair, so $7.56. The others slightly more. I want to practice some clean & jerks and the bumpers help with that. Also, they are max 10 grams out from their stated weight - my other plates are all over the place and it pisses me off.

I got an ABC barbell arriving tomorrow.

Thats a power bar. Drop that continuously and it will break, thats exactly what happens at crossfit gyms when they buy them. A better option for a similar price would have been a Pendlay Nexgen.

Ah ok, didn't know that. I got another bar for throwing around which I'll use then (chinese) - and with the weight ill be throwing it will be fine.