• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which organisation to compete with.

rmwing

Afternoon all. I've set myself the goal of competing in 2015 but I'm unsure who to compete under. I've asked a few people I know who have been involved in BB and I've gathered that the INBA or WNBF tend to be the "cleanest" organisations while obviously the IFBB, NABBA and apparently the ANB are full of people using gear. If anyone has any knowledge I'd love to here it, cheers in advance!

Afternoon all. I've set myself the goal of competing in 2015 but I'm unsure who to compete under. I've asked a few people I know who have been involved in BB and I've gathered that the INBA or WNBF tend to be the "cleanest" organisations while obviously the IFBB, NABBA and apparently the ANB are full of people using gear. If anyone has any knowledge I'd love to here it, cheers in advance!
Do you or are you planning on taking performance enhancing drugs?
If yes then go with IFBB or NABBA, if not then go with INBA or ANB.

Why 2015? How long you been training for? why do you need another 3 years?

Do you or are you planning on taking performance enhancing drugs?
If yes then go with IFBB or NABBA, if not then go with INBA or ANB.

Why 2015? How long you been training for? why do you need another 3 years?

Nah don't intend on taking gear, I've been training for 4 years but properly only 18 months or so, I'm taking my time because I want to make sure I can actually bring some thing to the table instead of competing just for the sake of it.

Nah don't intend on taking gear, I've been training for 4 years but properly only 18 months or so, I'm taking my time because I want to make sure I can actually bring some thing to the table instead of competing just for the sake of it.
Sweet. What are your stats. height, weight, BF if known?

Goosey just messing with ya since we have a few powerlifter's on here.

I gave you sound advice, go with that.

haha I figured he was just taking the piss, do you know much about the ANB? because I've heard there is a decent amount of people taking gear in that federation.

haha I figured he was just taking the piss, do you know much about the ANB? because I've heard there is a decent amount of people taking gear in that federation.
I have heard the same. I hazzard a guess and say the other feds would be no different. Still at least they do some kind of testing. IFBB and NABBA are juiced up monsters. take your pick.

Sweet. What are your stats. height, weight, BF if known?

I'm 5'10 / 178 cm
At the moment I'm about 84-85kg on an empty stomach and I'd say 9-11% BF

I've got really crappy hams and Lats due to years of 1/8 arsed training not paying attention to form and disregarding my hams

85kg at 9-11% is a fairly big unit. Post a pic.
At that size you shouldn't need another 3 years. Spend 6 months sorting the lats and hams out and then give it a go.

85kg at 9-11% is a fairly big unit. Post a pic.
At that size you shouldn't need another 3 years. Spend 6 months sorting the lats and hams out and then give it a go.

I've got a pic on my profile, it mustn't show up in my avi cause I'm relatively new on these forums.

Sorry, I have avatars disabled.
Ok checked the profile. Seem fairly sizable. I think you could compete in a year not 3. Just sort those hams and lats out.

best of luck buddy.

Sorry, I have avatars disabled.
Ok checked the profile. Seem fairly sizable. I think you could compete in a year not 3. Just sort those hams and lats out.

best of luck buddy.

Cheers dude, I'll see how I go then and think about 2014 instead of 2015!

ANB and INBA both use ASADA testing now. It is as good as you will find so they are as clean as they can be.

ANB and INBA both use ASADA testing now. It is as good as you will find so they are as clean as they can be.

Yeah ANB was pretty bad a few years ago but has since cleaned up its act and follows ASADA testing along with INBA, as stated IFBB and NABBA are both untested feds.

Not to say you cant compete and do well as a natty in untested comps just i wouldnt be doing it if your new to the game. Just look at Aaron Curtis who is a natty and recently competed in IFBB and won his class, he is currenlty serving a suspension for taking Jack3d pre comp and Dim being a banned substance under ASADA showed a positive test so he copped a ban, ban is lifted some time towards the end of 2013 where he will be back competing in INBA.

Yeah ANB was pretty bad a few years ago but has since cleaned up its act and follows ASADA testing along with INBA, as stated IFBB and NABBA are both untested feds.

Not to say you cant compete and do well as a natty in untested comps just i wouldnt be doing it if your new to the game. Just look at Aaron Curtis who is a natty and recently competed in IFBB and won his class, he is currenlty serving a suspension for taking Jack3d pre comp and Dim being a banned substance under ASADA showed a positive test so he copped a ban, ban is lifted some time towards the end of 2013 where he will be back competing in INBA.

lol serving a ban in IFBB for drugs, must be a first. Thanks for the clarification, I think INBA and ANB tend to have their comps in Queensland pretty close together so I might compete in both I feel up too it!

lol serving a ban in IFBB for drugs, must be a first. Thanks for the clarification, I think INBA and ANB tend to have their comps in Queensland pretty close together so I might compete in both I feel up too it!

Nah he got a ban after tested positive after an INBA comp, he competed in IFBB this year just as something to do and test his progress while he is still banned from INBA.

Because he is banned he cant compete in ANB or INBA but there are no problems with him competing in IFBB or NABBA

Nah he got a ban after tested positive after an INBA comp, he competed in IFBB this year just as something to do and test his progress while he is still banned from INBA.

Because he is banned he cant compete in ANB or INBA but there are no problems with him competing in IFBB or NABBA

Just read the thread on BB.com, Seems a bit crappy to ban someone for 2 years for a substance that had just been banned