• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BCAA Recovery samples are ready!

Didn't like the orange flavour, I might order some lime if I decide to try it again.

I have the apple flavour. It mixes quite well, generally take about 20 mins though for foam created from shaking to disapate in bottle once mixed.

Flavour is tolerable.

bulk nutrients, would your product be "more pure" than extend? I ask as you can still taste the bitter amino taste in your product, where as xtend tastes like candy water.

are they full of shit with what's in their product?

I have the apple flavour. It mixes quite well, generally take about 20 mins though for foam created from shaking to disapate in bottle once mixed.

Flavour is tolerable.

bulk nutrients, would your product be "more pure" than extend? I ask as you can still taste the bitter amino taste in your product, where as xtend tastes like candy water.

Check the ingredients yourself, not hard to do.

Check the ingredients yourself, not hard to do.[/QUOTE

having already done that, I was enquiring as to the percentage of fillers, sweetners and quality of the aminos.

most companies are aware of what the major players put into there product, I was merely asking regarding purity versus taste.

Flavour is tolerable.

XTEND - 10.5g of active amino acids per 13g serve = an 80% pure product. ($90 on most websites I have seen not including shipping for 1.2kg)
BCAA breakdown:
Leucine 3,500mg
Isoleucine 1,750mg
Valine 1,750mg

BULK NUTRIENTS BCAA RECOVERY - 12.5g of active amino acids per 13.7g serve = a 91% pure product. ($69 not including shipping for 1kg) BCAA breakdown:
Leucine 5,000mg
Isoleucine 2,500mg
Valine 2,500mg

Last edited:
XTEND - 10.5g of active amino acids per 13g serve = an 80% pure product. ($90 on most websites I have seen not including shipping for 1.2kg)
BCAA breakdown:
Leucine 3,500mg
Isoleucine 1,750mg
Valine 1,750mg

BULK NUTRIENTS BCAA RECOVERY - 12.5g of active amino acids per 13.7g serve = a 91% pure product. ($69 not including shipping for 1kg) BCAA breakdown:
Leucine 5,000mg
Isoleucine 2,500mg
Valine 2,500mg

Cheers. The addition of 2500mg of L glutamine and 1170mg of electrolytes making up most of the gap?

any thoughts on those two extras?

Cheers. The addition of 2500mg of L glutamine and 1170mg of electrolytes making up most of the gap?

any thoughts on those two extras?

Hi Dave,

The 10.5g of total amino acids in Xtend is everything included. BCAA's, Glutamine, Citrulline and electrolytes.
BCAA's only make up 7 grams of the total 13g serve.

A little over half the product (54%) is BCAA's.

Last edited:
Thanks for your insight, however I will stick to my use of BCAA.

It's your cash getting flushed, no skin off my nose, I stopped using all supplements including protein, BCAA's, pre workout, intra workout, post workout, vitamins, electrolytes etc about 8 months ago, noted no difference in gains or performance what so ever, nothing changed, not anything apart from having an extra $2-300 per months to spend on other things, like rump steak, going out for dinners, etc

It's your cash getting flushed, no skin off my nose, I stopped using all supplements including protein, BCAA's, pre workout, intra workout, post workout, vitamins, electrolytes etc about 8 months ago, noted no difference in gains or performance what so ever, nothing changed, not anything apart from having an extra $2-300 per months to spend on other things, like rump steak, going out for dinners, etc

$2-300 a month on supps???

Fuck me. You were getting reamed mate. Lucky if I spend that in 4 months.

Good job!

The only thing that's going to speed recovery between workouts on top of the obvious things we need to do are steroids

$2-300 a month on supps???

Fuck me. You were getting reamed mate. Lucky if I spend that in 4 months.

Thats only really $50 per week or $7 -10 per day, pretty easy to spend that on supps, shakes, BCAA's, pre workout, creatine, mulit vitamin and fish oil, very basic regime compared to some, using mostly BN products.