• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonfram88

As the thread in the powerlifting section was closed, here's a continuation of the discussion and some of my thinking behind my original post.

My OP generated the expected range of emotions and had started to guide the discussion into a berth where most of the pundits were starting show some alignment or at least sympathy with the cause.

Sorry to drop Oni in, but my argument was cut short when the other thread was closed.

. If you truely believe PA is drug free then you are very naive... Im not going to criminalise these people though because i believe that they are not cheating

"?

Oni, young buck, this is one of the reasons I started this thread. The policy at PA is clear. It does not tolerate drugs. Your statement is that PA has drug use. The majority of performance enhancing drugs that are abused by people seeking that little bit extra are also not legal.

I'm not having an Oni bashing session here, there's plenty of opportunity for that elsewhere. So I will thank you for stimulating discussion on the topic further.

The statement that a given organisation has drug use seeks to reinforce the stereotype associated with strength sports. When it comes from an insider the stereotype is amplified. The statement also "criminalises" the organisation and undermines the legitimacy of strength sports, since the substances that are abused are largely illegal to traffick, sell or possess.

Now if someone remarks about my physique or my strength and then goes on record with an allegation that I am a steroid user, then woe be tied to them. I will mobilise the nastiest mother fucker of a solicitor who I know, size up the accuser and then seek to take what ever worldly possessions they might own, plus public retractions in every mainstream paper in the country. I am not a criminal and I do not use that shit.

Along the way I would also refer to my stance on PED and the fact that I am a financial member of an organisation with clear policy that is recognised by WADA.

Now some may consider my reaction rather thin skinned and many would be so accustomed to it, that any adverse comment would be like water off a ducks back. Over reaction may also seek to validate the allegation in the mindset of the dweebs.

However, let's have a look a what is being alleged here;

That an organisation or an individual uses illegal substances to enhance performance, despite there being no test to support that claim nor any smoking gun.

That an organisation or individual is engaged in illegal drugs, a criminal matter.

In the absence of at least a minimalist policy on the matter, the shoe will fit and the organisation and its members can wear those shit covered shoes out in public. Every step is accompanied by a squelch and the smell cannot be avoided.

That an allegation of illegal drugs is involved might also attract the attention of whatever surveillance and enforcement task force that is presently being constituted to deal with the sports doping scandals.

The guys who enter your gym or your home or the boot of your car don't care about your status in the lifting world. Your bench press is irrelevant. They have badges and guns and their name is AFP.

If there is an organised sport and money, fame or recognition is involved then chances are there will be drug use, regardless of any testing.

Sigh, if you actually believe everyone in PA has never used a substance on the banned list you aren't very smart mate...

If there is an organised sport and money, fame or recognition is involved then chances are there will be drug use, regardless of any testing.

If there is a school yard or playground then chances are there will be rock spiders.

You are missing the point.

cliffs:

at least state that the organisation does not condone the use of PEDs

why: because if shit happens (i.e. massive drug bust etc) the organisation can use that as a shield to protect both the organisation and it's members irrespective of the ability to do actual testing.

Give it a rest mate.

Ausbb know your stance in regards top PEDs, and that you claim to be lifetime drug free.

Would you like a medal?

Sigh, if you actually believe everyone in PA has never used a substance on the banned list you aren't very smart mate...

PA has a policy on the matter. No drugs.

Report your concerns to ASADA. Better still, issue a public statement with your allegations.

I am not naïve on the doping issues in sport, my dear colleague. I can tell by the puffiness, coloration in the eye, body odour, skin, nails and hair just how much halotestin, anapolon, sustanon, proviron, profasi, stanazolol or somatotropin is in someone's body. And there are memories from the past that I will never mention and will go to the grave with me.

PA is drug free.

Give it a rest mate.

Ausbb know your stance in regards top PEDs, and that you claim to be lifetime drug free.

Would you like a medal?

The issue is more important than my stance or history, and more important than your attempts to stifle discussion on the matter.

Would you like a big plastic trophy?

I have plenty, plus some big steel ones, and some medallions.

Why post this topic? Everyone knows where you stand.

If this thread turns to shit I'll lock it too.

The guys who enter your gym or your home or the boot of your car don't care about your status in the lifting world. Your bench press is irrelevant. They have badges and guns and their name is AFP.

People using performance enhancers that aren't actually illegal per se in the wider world are going to worry the AFP why?

I have plenty, plus some big steel ones, and some medallions.

Why post this topic? Everyone knows where you stand.

If this thread turns to shit I'll lock it too.

The topic is not an exercise in narcissism; are you self-projecting again?

I thought you had made it clear that you had retired from moderating on this sub-forum, or is that another mis-understanding?

Show some maturity and play the ball, not the man.

Vonfram88, I understand where you're comming from but suspect this is not the platform with which to air your grievances. Surely, if you really wanted to make a point, you'd be lobbying the bodies that you have issue with, even going public if it's that much of a concern.

While I support your points of view, I suspect your comments on a forum platform such as this one is falling on deaf ears. Real change happens at the management level, not the players, such as those you're engaged with here. If you can inspire management to try harder with detection, that will force the players to tow the line.

Vonfram88, I understand where you're comming from but suspect this is not the platform with which to air your grievances. Surely, if you really wanted to make a point, you'd be lobbying the bodies that you have issue with, even going public if it's that much of a concern.

While I support your points of view, I suspect your comments on a forum platform such as this one is falling on deaf ears. Real change happens at the management level, not the players, such as those you're engaged with here. If you can inspire management to try harder with detection, that will force the players to tow the line.
Guzzla, Sticky is the Vice President of GPC. is that high enough management for you?

At this particular time in my life, I would be unable to be an effective board member or committee member in any of the lifting organisations or higher level administrative bodies.

In time that will change. this forum is perhaps an ineffective venue for achieving anything other than name calling and personal attacks, however it is frequented by high level representatives of certain organisations. It's also giving me much food for thought should I ever be in the position to implement and administer policy.

So keep up the feedback.

The topic is not an exercise in narcissism; are you self-projecting again?

I thought you had made it clear that you had retired from moderating on this sub-forum, or is that another mis-understanding?

Show some maturity and play the ball, not the man.

You asked me if I wanted a trophy.
Why post questions if you don't want answers?

I have retired from moderating that sub-forum, and it had nothing to do with my volunteer work with GPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.